Trifexis

Discussion in 'Novartis Animal Health' started by Anonymous, Feb 13, 2011 at 9:25 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get ready....I am cock blocking the shit out of this me too

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who wants a drug that only works 95 percent of the time against heartworms? Rumor has it they have barely sold 100k of the junk! They should be out of business before mid year!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who wants to buy something that only works 95 percent of the time!! Rumor has it they only have sold 100k, they should be out of business by mid year!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, honey...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sounds like you are allready getting ready to loose your ass in the HW category. good luck

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for Novartis and am battling with this just as you are, but that is the dumbest thing I have heard. Why are we even giving them the extra attention, it just creates more product awareness for them. They have a good product that still has to prove its worth, so don't help it by giving them talking points. We all "play the game" so we all know that whatever we start saying unless its 100% factual it can and will be turned back on us.

Yes, their study came back 95% on the MP3 isolate, but have you looked at the Bayer study that is being passe daorund like candy...ours and Merials came back at 95% as well against that same isolate.

I don't care what you all do or say in your territories thats your business, these are just things that I have already seen come around in the past month. I beleive it is goign to be difficult to negative sell their product, but we already have the relationships and proven value that is what I am using as my positioning.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree...I control leverage with my relationships....but! Elanco has hired a lot of Bayer folk, who have almost as good of a name as we do.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All you poor Novartis and Merial reps, talking sh!t about something you have no clue about, I own 6 veterinary clinics all of which we carry Comfortis and now Trifexis, we have had Trifexis for about a week know and have sold a total of 364 boxes. We have also sold 61 boxes of Heartgard and 23 boxes of Interceptor, again poor poor Merial and Novartis.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great news- now you have about 182 dogs that won't take it and about 65 dogs that will vomit it up. Congrats on the medicine you recommended.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They want take other meds proscribed either hint cephalexin.
    So are we not to give that as well? I even sell against this and wish I had it to sell.
    It is a great product that works. Frontline when it first came out was sold with gloves
    anyone remember that?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure gloves. But why now use a product that isn't as good and could cause these issues? You have a choice and could use something that is proven in studies. Even dr Dryden doesn't respect this product and he will sell anything!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Comfortis is a an adulticide alone for killing fleas. It targets only 5% of the lifecycle. 1 in 16 dogs vomits on it. Now you just partnered your HW preventative with a product that ignores 95% of the flea lifecycle at the RISK of your dog throwing it up. Who watches their dog for an hour after they give them their HW preventative? That's even if you can get them to take it. Trifexis is the size of a quater and has the thickness of 5 quarters put together. Odds are, you'll have to shove it down the dogs throat. Trifexis cost more than Sentinel to boot. Adulticides alone for killing any insect are at a higher risk for resistence. Spinosad has been banned from Georgia, California, and Hawaii in agriculture for resistence. Many other southern states only allow one rotation of spinosad in agriculture. Too many problems with Trifexis. Clinics will be sorry that they bought this product and will have problems selling it long term.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dr. Dryden, just signed up w/ELANCO to be a KOL speaker for them, but I agree he and Dr. Blagburn (also an ELANCO KOL speaker) do speak for any and everyone. I say this bc Dryden is doing an event for ELANCO in my area. Just an FYI..., but I think all milby products suck

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In time, it will be interesting to see if the incidence of HW disease grows proportionally to an increase in Trifexis marketshare. Not because of resistance, but because of the "vomit-factor" and client compliance (we all know clients stop administering flea products when they stop seeing fleas...why will this be any different?)

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have used Comfortis since it came out. I have 6 dogs ranging in size from 30-110 pounds. We have alot of land that consists of woods and open fields and for the past couple of years have battled a bad flea problem. I have tried everything! Once I started using Comfortis I haven't seen one flea on the dogs since the first month I used this product. I have recomended it to everyone I know of that has a problem with fleas and no one has had a problem with the dogs not taken comfortis or vomiting it back up, nor have I had a problem with my dogs. I have yet to try the Trifexis, but I believe that Comfortis is a great product.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FYI: Spinosad has been banned in agriculture use in CA, GA, and HI. Other states only allow minimal use. Why? Because using only one way of killing insects ALWAYS leads to resistence. Why would fleas be any different? You may be seeing great results in Comfortis in year 1 of the product. Long term usage will likely lead to resistence. Just like Advantage and Frontline. Ask any veterinarian. That's why using lufenuron along with an adulticide is the best option. Comfortis might be good now, but you'll have a problem shortly. When it happens, remember you read it here. Comfortis/Trifexis were invented b/c the average person is a moron. It caters to the average moron. Any DVM worth his/her salt knows that you need a broad spectrum to consistently maintain kill year after year. Comfortis / Trifexis doesn't offer that. Not to mention, it offers too many obstacles: can't use in pups 14 weeks and under / can't use in breeding males & pregnant females / must be taken with wet food / can't use in dogs with pre-existing epilepsy / high rate of vomiting issue / high cost / etc..... Vets who sell this stuff are just dumb or lazy. People who buy it are even dumber.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We have been selling at our clinics (more info at http://happypet.com/Trifexis-Flea-and-Heartworm-Prevention-56-4.html) for nearly two weeks now and been extremely happy with it. We sell a fair amount right now and haven't had any complaints. However we do still sell considerably more Sentinel.

As far as reps go I love my Novartis reps, but our Elanco reps are also great. Both companies have provided us with a top notch service for years.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why is Trifexis on 1-800 Pet Meds? I thought this wasn't suposed to happen?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

8 wks & older for trifexis, my 11wk boxer took it with no problems / with food of course! Vets now recommend in Cali / switched over from confortis for my 8 mos German shephered also. Killed the fleas!!!