Investigations

Discussion in 'Amedisys' started by Anonymous, Nov 17, 2010 at 2:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone heard anything more about te investigations?

How many of you feel that all of the agency closings have anything to do with the investigations? If so, what do you think the connection is?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

was told it had to do with the five percent medicare cuts in payments for 2011...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know--I think the investigations have a lot to do with it. The cuts are a factor but I think they are running scared. Think about it--all of those start-up agencies being opened up without any real due diligence like they are supposed to do. It does appear to me that they were being greedy and arrogant and using the profit to open more agencies (too many) very quickly. That is what they are afraid the investigations will show. Slowing down the number of start-ups would be one thing, but closing as many as they have so far as well as the many more to come certainly smell of something different to me.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone heard if any of the hospice offices are closing? Would be nice to have a "heads up."

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

there is a lot blame to go around in this company for sure. Incompetent, arrogant, foolish, greedy fools. One name that was behind a lot of this is Larry Graham-former CEO of A-MESS-IT-IS. It was his brilliant idea to open all these start-ups. He needs to be taken into a back alley.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's all about greed isnt it? I hope this company gets what's coming to them as a result of the investigations. The biggest mistake I ever made was working for this company--working my ass off-only to have our agency close with no notice and with virtually no severance pay. Nothing like taking care of your people Billy boy! They fucking suck...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I say that everyone who has been left without a job after working for A-MESS-THIS-IS and anyone else who is interested, help out with the investigations. I am considering writing a letter to the committees investigating them; the SEC, Senate Finance and DOJ. Encourage them to look at this company and its practices a little bit closer. Closing agencies all over the place as a result of their greed-they really need to feel it where it counts! I really hope they go down!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In the month of July we see the President of the company, Larry Graham, who has worked there for over 10 years, sold most of his stock holdings in a single day – July 31 — a transaction that exceeded all of his prior stock sales combined. And just five weeks later, on September 3, he resigns – effective immediately, without any stated reason (beyond the ubiquitous “personal reasons”) and without a succession plan in effect.

This leaves a question both obvious and troubling: are those stock sales improper? Wasn’t he the ultimate insider, with advance knowledge that he was planning to resign soon, with likely negative effect on the stock? Shouldn’t he have resigned first, and sold later?

The stock plunged sharply on the news, but recovered the loss within days as analysts (who spoke only with remaining management) reassured investors that Graham had resigned over a disagreement with the board regarding his ambition to be CEO.

Compounding the mystery, on the same day, CIO Alice Schwartz, an employee of over eleven years standing, also abruptly resigns, also effectively immediately, and similarly absent an explanation or succession plan.

Larry and Alice were the same people who were justifying Amedisys’s higher than industry margins on a conference all in Q3 2008, explaining that they just treat “a sicker population” than their competitors.
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/102500-amedisys-inc-q3-2008-earnings-call-transcript?page=-1

Conversations and correspondence with a plethora of former employees from a variety of different offices has given Citron a deeper view into the underbelly of Amedisys’s business. As a result, it is our opinion that the abrupt executive departures aren’t random circumstances, and are more likely a warning indicator of a more dangerous problem. Citron challenges readers to cite a single other example where the resignation of top officers without notice or succession plan was not the harbinger of bad news.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, good info! Thanks for posting.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

here is another kick in the ass. this stupid ass company did no file the unemployment taxes to the right state for the last year and a half. so when i am filing the ucc office has no record of me working for this shit company-now my claims are being held until they find me financial eligible. what a crock of shit. leave it up to a mess it is not to do the right thing.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh my gosh--you have got to be kidding...

THIS COMPANY IS SOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKED UP!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it is true..no joke.. a nurse that was left go had the same problem I had that was left go. I know for a fact my old BOM is going through it now just like me. The funny thing is HR is clueless what to do. I have been waiting 4 weeks.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know you are probably not in a position to do so, but you should consider getting an attorney or at least getting a consultation with one. That is absolutley ridiculous!

Also, just a friendly tip: in your post you said "left go". It should be "let" go. You did it twice which is why I didn't know if it was a typo.:)

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I tend to be in somewhat of a heated rage when discussing being screwed over by this despicable company. Sorry-let go-I stand corrected.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wish everyone the best. This company promised a career, not a job. They were so intent on buying up and opening up more agencies to turn a buck, that they really messed up peoples lives. I just hope every employee that gets kicked to the curb can make it through and find good employment and be able to feed their families. Meanwhile, all the fat cats at the top can go in their limos and put on their "rock concerts" without giving two craps what happens to the hearts and souls of this company.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which state has the messed up unemployment? I knew people are having issues who are TLC as well. Amedisys is saying they are TLC when they are in fact Amedisys. I have yet to receive a closing date, severance package, and the thought that I will have to hire an attorney to get unemployment claims straightened out is more that I can take especially right before the holidays!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

pa.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

any update on any of the investigations? I am sure the lawyers are telling everyone at corp. to be quite.... Hope they go down in flames-wonder what the best/worst senarios could be?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Worst is Billy Boy goes to jail with some of his cronies.

Best is they get fined, a lot.