Cafepharma Message Boards

Cafepharma Message Boards (http://www.cafepharma.com/boards/index.php)
-   Biotech Firms (http://www.cafepharma.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   regeneron expansion (http://www.cafepharma.com/boards/showthread.php?t=466858)

Anonymous 05-28-2011 01:42 PM

regeneron expansion

Does anyone have any information on this expansion? Are they just hiring for the optamology division? Or for the IL-1 gout flare drug too? Will there be two divisions are one for both drugs?

Anonymous 06-06-2011 01:40 PM

Re: regeneron expansion

Also - wondering on what type of pay and quality of life this position may be. Thanks in advance for any help.

Anonymous 06-06-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 3974127)
Also - wondering on what type of pay and quality of life this position may be. Thanks in advance for any help.

Not sure, but this company has lost all creditability with their choice of a manager in Atlanta. Someone didn't do their homework!

Anonymous 06-06-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 3974381)
Not sure, but this company has lost all creditability with their choice of a manager in Atlanta. Someone didn't do their homework!

where did they come from?

Anonymous 06-06-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 3974390)
where did they come from?

eisai

Anonymous 06-07-2011 07:38 AM

also looking for idea on pay, but more importantly what type of job this is. thanks

Anonymous 06-07-2011 08:00 AM

regarding manager in atlanta - please share initials. Thanks.

Anonymous 06-07-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 3974914)
regarding manager in atlanta - please share initials. Thanks.

JN, call some of the oncology clinics in the Atlanta area and ask why she and her rep were kicked out of the offices. After that, she was "promoted" to the marketing department.

Anonymous 06-07-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 3975041)
JN, call some of the oncology clinics in the Atlanta area and ask why she and her rep were kicked out of the offices. After that, she was "promoted" to the marketing department.

Please stop being a hater! She won Nightingale award. So something she did was right. She is professional and cares about her people.

Anonymous 06-08-2011 11:46 AM

Whats the enviroment of the company?
Does anyone know the salary range for the sales force?
Will the drug get approved this year or not?

Anonymous 06-08-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 3975251)
Please stop being a hater! She won Nightingale award. So something she did was right. She is professional and cares about her people.

She was a hospital DM when the only product they promoted was Fragmin based on contracted pricing. She has little to no oncology experience which is a requirement at Eisai, but you would think Regeneron would want experienced managers. It is true that she was banned from some very important clinics because of her rude behavior.

Anonymous 06-09-2011 03:14 PM

A recruiter stated that the pay was between $100-$120k base

Anonymous 06-09-2011 08:16 PM

Can't get it done for 100-120k.. will get a bunch of loosers. Best of luck.

Anonymous 06-09-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 3974381)

That's no shit - that speaks volumes about your hiring process

Anonymous 06-10-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 3977703)

LOL. Yeah they need to pay more to get a LOSER like you!!

Anonymous 06-10-2011 03:24 PM

Anyone received a call for an interview?

Anonymous 06-17-2011 05:24 AM

Anyone been called for the phone screen? Interviews set?

Anonymous 06-17-2011 10:00 PM

I know someone who is interviewing next week

Anonymous 06-18-2011 11:18 PM

i had a recruiter phone screen, passed to hiring manager, then nothing... no response to follow ups. i was told interviews are 3 weeks- june20 to july11

Anonymous 06-19-2011 08:40 PM

Watch out for Bryan Tyo. Backstabber with no work ethic. He will spend all day in the cafeteria and the golf course. He will blame you for his failures.

Anonymous 06-19-2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 3987000)
Watch out for Bryan Tyo. Backstabber with no work ethic. He will spend all day in the cafeteria and the golf course. He will blame you for his failures.

What company was he with before Regeneron?

Anonymous 06-19-2011 10:40 PM

Has he already scheduled the interviews? When and where?

Anonymous 06-20-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 3977703)

Learn to spell, you "LOOSER"!

Anonymous 06-20-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 3987000)

Could you expand a little more on Brian. I was told by the recruiter he is the manager for this area. Also , if possible, if you could tell me a little about the company----culture, etc. Are they Micromanagers, etc.? I have a manager who is "so so "--we can manage her. I certainly dont want to trade her for an ego maniac who will make my life miserable

Anonymous 06-20-2011 04:22 PM

more on elaborate him and the company. Are they micromanagers ? Is upper management reliable to make quotas reachable? Have they launch products before? Are they familiar with J codes and Temp codes and making quotas according to these issues?

Anonymous 06-20-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 3987668)
more on elaborate him and the company. Are they micromanagers ? Is upper management reliable to make quotas reachable? Have they launch products before? Are they familiar with J codes and Temp codes and making quotas according to these issues?

Sorry ---should have proof read beforesending.

I meant to type--Can you elaborate more on Brian and the comapny

Anonymous 06-20-2011 11:07 PM

Sorry, he already has his interviews set so if you're waiting you are SOL. They received a ton of resumes and the recruiter is an idiot...

Anonymous 06-21-2011 12:03 AM

He was with UCB before and was fired due to lack of performance.

Anonymous 06-21-2011 08:41 AM

They are looking for minimum 5 years experience in industry in specialty pharmaceutical sales in complex markets. (oncology, retina, immunology, etc.) Interviews started yesterday.

Anonymous 06-21-2011 12:15 PM

Who is the recruiter? Thanks!

Anonymous 06-21-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 3988545)
Who is the recruiter? Thanks!

cooper staffing-----Tyson Cooper or Larry Cooper

Anonymous 06-21-2011 01:24 PM

Wrong...submit online at company site

Anonymous 06-21-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 3988595)
Wrong...submit online at company site

Too late! They have already started the interview process. They received an overload of resumes and have what they need, sorry!

Anonymous 06-28-2011 01:04 PM

Was at interview wrong on 100-120 base they will do 130-140 co car benefits 18 days vacation, not seem have act together couldnt answer many basic questions want all on board by aug 1

Anonymous 06-28-2011 07:20 PM

I have a phone screen with the manager today. Interviews for top two per district later this week and final interviews next week with a panel. They are moving quickly. If you aren't already in the process it is probably too late.

Anonymous 07-05-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 3996011)
I have a phone screen with the manager today. Interviews for top two per district later this week and final interviews next week with a panel. They are moving quickly. If you aren't already in the process it is probably too late.

Well thank goodness they always find the candidates they are looking for in the first round of interviews. '...too late...' probably for you.

Anonymous 07-05-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4001965)
Well thank goodness they always find the candidates they are looking for in the first round of interviews. '...too late...' probably for you.

Well said. If Regeneron only looks at what the recruiter(s) submitted, they're missing out on quality candidates. Interesting how recruiters will say what the hiring company wants, and even if you have it, they'll make it more specific if they're shutting you out. Recruiters don't want to provide too many choices to the company.

Recruiters realize that Regeneron also had resumes sent to their corporate site - hopefully Regeneron has reviewed those. Recruiters know what we make. Perhaps we're willing to take a paycut. Perhaps Regeneron wants the best of the best. Maybe, just maybe, Regeneron should look at the applications that came in off their corporate site.

Anonymous 07-05-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4002013)
Well said. If Regeneron only looks at what the recruiter(s) submitted, they're missing out on quality candidates. Interesting how recruiters will say what the hiring company wants, and even if you have it, they'll make it more specific if they're shutting you out. Recruiters don't want to provide too many choices to the company.

Recruiters realize that Regeneron also had resumes sent to their corporate site - hopefully Regeneron has reviewed those. Recruiters know what we make. Perhaps we're willing to take a paycut. Perhaps Regeneron wants the best of the best. Maybe, just maybe, Regeneron should look at the applications that came in off their corporate site.

The recruiters are not being paid per hire, but are being given a flat fee for the entire buildout. Therefore, All resumes that came in through the corp website were sent to the recruiters for screening. Regn does not have the personnel to sift through the number of resumes that were received.

Anonymous 07-06-2011 03:28 PM

Uh they have an internal recruiting staff of literally a couple dozen. I think they can handle resume traffic. Pfizer has a less robust internal recruiting staff.

Anonymous 07-06-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

I received an offer and I sent resume directly to Regeneron website. I was contacted by a consultant of the company rather than a recruiter. If you missed the cut, I am sure you will come across something :) Things always happen for a reason. Good luck

Anonymous 07-07-2011 04:08 PM

I was offered and accepted a position. No mention of the gout drug and I would think that when and if it is approved they will need a completely seperate sales force.

Anonymous 07-07-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 3988168)
He was with UCB before and was fired due to lack of performance.

Must be D Robinson, what an idiot! With him at the helm that ship is sure to sink!

Anonymous 07-07-2011 10:25 PM

you guys that are bashing tyo and robinson are morons. they are both good guys. you are probably some low level piss ant at UCB who blames them for your personal failures.

Anonymous 07-08-2011 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4003765)
I was offered and accepted a position. No mention of the gout drug and I would think that when and if it is approved they will need a completely seperate sales force.

Does anyone know anything about the Indiana manager? I have an interview coming up in a couple of days.

Anonymous 07-08-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Several corrections here, first off "recruiters" are the ones that handle the resume's coming into the corporate website. When you post your resume, it goes into a recruiting database whic is controlled by the assigned recruiter(s). Secondly, every company specifies minmum requirements, in the case of Regeneron the minimum requirements are 5 YEARS BIOLOGIC SALES and 5 YEARS OF BUY AND BILL EXPERIENCE; these are firm requirements. If you meet these two basic requirements, your resume is automatically forwarded to the hiring manager, PERIOD!! The hiring manager ALONE, determines who they will interview, and who ultimately makes the finals.

So if you werent selected for an interview, don't blame the recruiters/screener; you either did not meet the FIRM minimum requirements, or were simply lost among the hundreds of applicants per territory. The manager simply can not hire everyone!

Anonymous 07-08-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4002145)
The recruiters are not being paid per hire, but are being given a flat fee for the entire buildout. Therefore, All resumes that came in through the corp website were sent to the recruiters for screening. Regn does not have the personnel to sift through the number of resumes that were received.

Well said!

Anonymous 07-08-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4002690)
Uh they have an internal recruiting staff of literally a couple dozen. I think they can handle resume traffic. Pfizer has a less robust internal recruiting staff.

What? How can you make such a rediculous statement with such authority? You mean tell tell me that you really believe that a company with less than 1500 people, less than 100 of which are within the NEWLY CREATED COMMERCIAL ORGANIZATION, has dozens of internal Recruiters? So, there are at least 24 internal recruiters screening for 55 reps? wow!!! And what does "Pfizer" have to do with this?

Folks, please pay no attention to the OP here, they obviously are clueless!! The process was brilliantly stated by a previous poster, and there were definitely no more than 1-2 screeners involved in the process, you simply don't need more than that. All resumes, regardless of source (corp website, job board) were sent to and captured by the same electronic recruiting system. The recruiter looked at EACH resume and simply asked two questions 1) Do you have 5 years of biologics sales? 2) Do you have 5 years of Buy and Bill Sales? If the answer to BOTH questions was "yes", your resume was sent to the hiring manager, PERIOD!! If you did not get an interview, you either did not meet minimum qualifications, or the manager just decided not to interview you.

Anonymous 07-08-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4003765)

Quick congratulations! Also to protect you, do not post anything on this site about your experience - territory, details as to who you interviewed with, etc...

Most companies have HR that view this site. Although Regeneron is new in terms of creating its commercial team, those who are chosen are elite. Plus you never know if their management team reads this site like the rest of us.

Do not expose anything, and congrats again as it seems like a great opportunity!

Anonymous 07-12-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4005148)
Quick congratulations! Also to protect you, do not post anything on this site about your experience - territory, details as to who you interviewed with, etc...

Most companies have HR that view this site. Although Regeneron is new in terms of creating its commercial team, those who are chosen are elite. Plus you never know if their management team reads this site like the rest of us.

Do not expose anything, and congrats again as it seems like a great opportunity!

blow me....

Anonymous 07-13-2011 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4008681)
blow me....

You are an ungrateful idiot and if Regeneron hired you, they will regret it.