Cafepharma Message Boards

Cafepharma Message Boards (http://www.cafepharma.com/boards/index.php)
-   Takeda (http://www.cafepharma.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza? (http://www.cafepharma.com/boards/showthread.php?t=528294)

Anonymous 04-04-2013 08:55 PM

Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
My friend is a doc and gave me some samples of Linzess. He said it will restore my tight junctions and help my IBS. I don't even know what tight junctions are, so I googled it and one of the search results brought me to this site. I tried Amitiza a few years ago and felt like it didn't work very well, maybe it didn't restore the tight junctions or maybe I wasn't on it long enough. I heard you guys have a new drug for IBS, I don't feel like I'm getting good feedback from the IBS chat boards. I'm hoping someone from the site for pharmaceutical sales professionals can give me some insight.

Thanks

Anonymous 04-05-2013 10:47 AM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4694146)
My friend is a doc and gave me some samples of Linzess. He said it will restore my tight junctions and help my IBS. I don't even know what tight junctions are, so I googled it and one of the search results brought me to this site. I tried Amitiza a few years ago and felt like it didn't work very well, maybe it didn't restore the tight junctions or maybe I wasn't on it long enough. I heard you guys have a new drug for IBS, I don't feel like I'm getting good feedback from the IBS chat boards. I'm hoping someone from the site for pharmaceutical sales professionals can give me some insight.

Thanks

NO

Anonymous 04-05-2013 12:24 PM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
TROLL

Anonymous 04-05-2013 05:22 PM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4694600)
NO

Yes, Linzess does restore tight junctions. In medicine, we call this a class effect. For example, only certain PPI's have indications to treat NSAID induced ulcers. Based on evidence drug makers produced, clinicians can usually conclude other drugs within the same class will give you the same result. Insurance companies also agree. The same could be said for ARB's and CHF. Linzess and Amitiza are both chloride channel activators. If Amitiza has produced the evidence that you can restore tight junctions by dispensing chloride ions then Linzess will give you the same effect too.

Anonymous 04-05-2013 10:05 PM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4694146)
My friend is a doc and gave me some samples of Linzess. He said it will restore my tight junctions and help my IBS. I don't even know what tight junctions are, so I googled it and one of the search results brought me to this site. I tried Amitiza a few years ago and felt like it didn't work very well, maybe it didn't restore the tight junctions or maybe I wasn't on it long enough. I heard you guys have a new drug for IBS, I don't feel like I'm getting good feedback from the IBS chat boards. I'm hoping someone from the site for pharmaceutical sales professionals can give me some insight.

Thanks

No, only Amitiza restores tight junctions. You may want to have your doctor friend switch you over to Amitiza. Be aware that Linzess has a black box warning because it killed mice due to causing an electrolyte imbalance as a result of severe diarrhea. Their company buried the data on file and it's only a matter of time before the issue begins showing up in the general population. Besides, why would you want to pay 3 times the co-pay when you can get Amitiza?

Anonymous 04-05-2013 10:24 PM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4694877)
Yes, Linzess does restore tight junctions. In medicine, we call this a class effect. For example, only certain PPI's have indications to treat NSAID induced ulcers. Based on evidence drug makers produced, clinicians can usually conclude other drugs within the same class will give you the same result. Insurance companies also agree. The same could be said for ARB's and CHF. Linzess and Amitiza are both chloride channel activators. If Amitiza has produced the evidence that you can restore tight junctions by dispensing chloride ions then Linzess will give you the same effect too.

For permeability, you need a chloride dispensing agent that does not cause electrolyte imbalances. Linzess does, it also KILLED juvenile mice due to dehydration. Nice try though, although they are both chloride channel activators Amitiza is a much gentler agent. Also much cheaper for the patients and lots of clinical experience for the docs. 7 years, 7 million scripts.

Anonymous 04-06-2013 12:41 PM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4695146)
For permeability, you need a chloride dispensing agent that does not cause electrolyte imbalances. Linzess does, it also KILLED juvenile mice due to dehydration. Nice try though, although they are both chloride channel activators Amitiza is a much gentler agent. Also much cheaper for the patients and lots of clinical experience for the docs. 7 years, 7 million scripts.

I love how you emphasis Linzess KILLED mice and downplay how Actos KILLS human beings.

Anonymous 04-06-2013 11:12 PM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4695539)
I love how you emphasis Linzess KILLED mice and downplay how Actos KILLS human beings.

Fact: Linzess kills mice

Accusation: Actos "causes" bladder cancer

World of difference. Good luck proving the latter in court.

Anonymous 04-07-2013 11:00 AM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4695937)
Fact: Linzess kills mice

Accusation: Actos "causes" bladder cancer

World of difference. Good luck proving the latter in court.

Bladder cancer: Preclinical and clinical trial data, and results from an observational study suggest an increased risk of bladder cancer in pioglitazone users. The observational data further suggest that the risk increases with duration of use. Do not use in patients with active bladder cancer. Use caution when using in patients with a prior history of bladder cancer.




STRAIGHT FROM THE ACTOS PI. Somebody better call the FDA and ask them to get this "accusation" removed from the PI.

Anonymous 04-07-2013 12:22 PM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4695146)
For permeability, you need a chloride dispensing agent that does not cause electrolyte imbalances. Linzess does, it also KILLED juvenile mice due to dehydration. Nice try though, although they are both chloride channel activators Amitiza is a much gentler agent. Also much cheaper for the patients and lots of clinical experience for the docs. 7 years, 7 million scripts.

Linzess is not a "chloride channel activator." Keep saying it though. It really lends itself to your credibility!

Anonymous 04-07-2013 01:02 PM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4696214)
Linzess is not a "chloride channel activator." Keep saying it though. It really lends itself to your credibility!

Not an activator. A dispenser. The end result is the EXACT same as Amitiza. It works on the GCC to release CL- ions into the gut. That is the EXACT same thing Amitiza ends up doing. When that is stated to doctors, they nod and conclude "why would I want a patient to pay 3 times the co-pay for a me-too". There's the credibility for you.

Anonymous 04-07-2013 01:06 PM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4694146)
My friend is a doc and gave me some samples of Linzess. He said it will restore my tight junctions and help my IBS. I don't even know what tight junctions are, so I googled it and one of the search results brought me to this site. I tried Amitiza a few years ago and felt like it didn't work very well, maybe it didn't restore the tight junctions or maybe I wasn't on it long enough. I heard you guys have a new drug for IBS, I don't feel like I'm getting good feedback from the IBS chat boards. I'm hoping someone from the site for pharmaceutical sales professionals can give me some insight.

Thanks

As if restoring tight junctions means anything, clinically?! Maybe your friend will also give some Dexilant samples so you can take advantage of the "dual delayed release." Thankfully, most MD's are smart enough to recognize marketing BS when they hear it!

Anonymous 04-07-2013 01:11 PM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4696256)
Not an activator. A dispenser. The end result is the EXACT same as Amitiza. It works on the GCC to release CL- ions into the gut. That is the EXACT same thing Amitiza ends up doing. When that is stated to doctors, they nod and conclude "why would I want a patient to pay 3 times the co-pay for a me-too". There's the credibility for you.

Not only chloride ions. Keep going, you're getting warmer....

Oh yeah, your presentation concerning cost is factually inaccurate, as well. Don't worry, we love the look the MD's give us when we supply them with the correct info. Shall we say, enlightening?!

Anonymous 04-07-2013 02:21 PM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4696265)
Not only chloride ions. Keep going, you're getting warmer....

Oh yeah, your presentation concerning cost is factually inaccurate, as well. Don't worry, we love the look the MD's give us when we supply them with the correct info. Shall we say, enlightening?!

You seem like you think you are smart. Unfortunately, the cost is at MINIMUM twice as expensive (fact). Try reading your copay card or perusing a formulary once in a while. In contrast, I love the look on Drs faces when they are "enlightened" that Linzess has the same chem structure as diarrhea causing toxins . It explains what their patients who try Linzess are experiencing when they have unpleasant fiery explosions. I also like how when Linzess's BLACK BOX warning comes up, you just sidestep to unrelated products. Sad really. Maybe you should have been a personal injury lawyer. Run along back under your forest bridge.

Anonymous 04-08-2013 11:30 AM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4696309)
You seem like you think you are smart. Unfortunately, the cost is at MINIMUM twice as expensive (fact). Try reading your copay card or perusing a formulary once in a while. In contrast, I love the look on Drs faces when they are "enlightened" that Linzess has the same chem structure as diarrhea causing toxins . It explains what their patients who try Linzess are experiencing when they have unpleasant fiery explosions. I also like how when Linzess's BLACK BOX warning comes up, you just sidestep to unrelated products. Sad really. Maybe you should have been a personal injury lawyer. Run along back under your forest bridge.

Fact, the AWP for Linzess is $1 cheaper per day than Amitiza.

Fact, most doctors don't treat mice.

Fact, there is no clinical relevance to the restoration of tight junctions.

Fact, your story about "fiery" explosions across different boards is stale, but keep bleeding NRx share while you get all moist over 7 years, 7 million prescriptions.

Anonymous 04-08-2013 05:46 PM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4697031)
Fact, the AWP for Linzess is $1 cheaper per day than Amitiza.

Fact, most doctors don't treat mice.

Fact, there is no clinical relevance to the restoration of tight junctions.

Fact, your story about "fiery" explosions across different boards is stale, but keep bleeding NRx share while you get all moist over 7 years, 7 million prescriptions.

Fact. You are promoting that doctors use half the FDA approved dose of Linzess in order to minimize the severe diarrhea effects and asking them to wait 7 weeks for patients to realize the full effects of Linzess. That's off label!

Anonymous 04-08-2013 07:18 PM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4697353)
Fact. You are promoting that doctors use half the FDA approved dose of Linzess in order to minimize the severe diarrhea effects and asking them to wait 7 weeks for patients to realize the full effects of Linzess. That's off label!

Linzess is a peptide, there is no way to split the dose. FACT. So how is half the FDA approved dose being marketed when it is not biologically possible to do so?

Anonymous 04-08-2013 10:56 PM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4697353)
Fact. You are promoting that doctors use half the FDA approved dose of Linzess in order to minimize the severe diarrhea effects and asking them to wait 7 weeks for patients to realize the full effects of Linzess. That's off label!

Wow no wonder you've only gotten 7 million rxs in 7 years. Do your homework and stop listening to BS from corporate about the efficacy data for Linzess.

And stop harping about 7 million rxs, you do know that 35 million people have CIC in the US right?

Anonymous 04-08-2013 11:21 PM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4697813)
Wow no wonder you've only gotten 7 million rxs in 7 years. Do your homework and stop listening to BS from corporate about the efficacy data for Linzess.

And stop harping about 7 million rxs, you do know that 35 million people have CIC in the US right?

"Stop harping about 7 million rxs"?????? 7 million was only mentioned 3 times on this thread and you mentioned it twice. Loser.

Anonymous 04-10-2013 08:27 PM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
Yup never heard Takeda trolls bragging about their 7 years, 7 million scripts story on these boards lol!

Anonymous 04-10-2013 11:25 PM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4699712)
Yup never heard Takeda trolls bragging about their 7 years, 7 million scripts story on these boards lol!

Here's what they don't tell you. 7 years, 35 million patients have tried Amitiza, only 7 million it worked for and tolerated it. It wasn't a lack of trying to get more patients.

Anonymous 04-11-2013 12:34 AM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
This thread is tired. Like fat forest slobs trying to gobble table scripts. Tired.

Anonymous 04-11-2013 04:51 PM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4700046)
This thread is tired. Like fat forest slobs trying to gobble table scripts. Tired.

I wuv you!

Anonymous 04-12-2013 08:07 AM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4700046)
This thread is tired. Like fat forest slobs trying to gobble table scripts. Tired.

Exactly. Forest about to get bought by AZ.

Irondick = Santarus 2.0 I had more Zegrid scripts in my territory than Linzmess. I think they're up to 15 Linzmess scripts in my territory since launch. My Amitiza business has grown by 20% since their launch too. Thanks for making my bonus checks bigger IW drones and Forest slobs!

Anonymous 04-12-2013 12:20 PM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4701358)
Exactly. Forest about to get bought by AZ.

Irondick = Santarus 2.0 I had more Zegrid scripts in my territory than Linzmess. I think they're up to 15 Linzmess scripts in my territory since launch. My Amitiza business has grown by 20% since their launch too. Thanks for making my bonus checks bigger IW drones and Forest slobs!

I still wuv you!

Anonymous 04-12-2013 07:21 PM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4701358)
Exactly. Forest about to get bought by AZ.

Irondick = Santarus 2.0 I had more Zegrid scripts in my territory than Linzmess. I think they're up to 15 Linzmess scripts in my territory since launch. My Amitiza business has grown by 20% since their launch too. Thanks for making my bonus checks bigger IW drones and Forest slobs!

Your business hasn't grown 20% but keep repeating the same BS over and over, someone will believe you.

Anonymous 04-12-2013 08:16 PM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4702086)
Your business hasn't grown 20% but keep repeating the same BS over and over, someone will believe you.

That's funny. For the top prescriber in my territory, NRx's for Linzess surpassed those for Amitiza as of March. Think of it, you had 7 years to nail down your message and build a loyal base of prescribers and it only took me 3 months to surpass you with NRx's by my top volume prescriber. If I were you, I'd keep looking at the past (7 years, 7 million, echo, echo, echo) because the future looks pretty dim for Amitiza!

Anonymous 04-12-2013 10:48 PM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4695539)
I love how you emphasis Linzess KILLED mice and downplay how Actos KILLS human beings.

Bladder cancer is not fatal. There is no Black Box warning for Actos and BC. Actos is not indicated for CIC or IBS. Dick.

Anonymous 04-14-2013 11:00 PM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4697837)
"Stop harping about 7 million rxs"?????? 7 million was only mentioned 3 times on this thread and you mentioned it twice. Loser.

AMITIZA launched in 2006 and now has over 7 years of clinical experience in CIC. AMITIZA launched its indication for IBS-C in 2008 and has over 5 years experience in IBS-C. AMITIZA has over 7 million prescriptions to date. AMITIZA expands on this strong clinical experience with the American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) rating of a 1B, which is a strong recommendation with moderate evidence for IBS-C.

Anonymous 04-15-2013 09:43 AM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
Too funny! Marketing created this theory of how Amitiza works for you to share. Do you use your sales aid to prove this point?

Remember, you're Takeda did not hire you because of your ability to think or your intelligence. You were hired or retained because of your ability to repeat. You only have to say what they tell you to say and think.

Amazing when you think about it, folks trading-in their intelligence for money. Would this be prostitution?

Anonymous 04-15-2013 01:33 PM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 4704413)
Too funny! Marketing created this theory of how Amitiza works for you to share. Do you use your sales aid to prove this point?

Remember, you're Takeda did not hire you because of your ability to think or your intelligence. You were hired or retained because of your ability to repeat. You only have to say what they tell you to say and think.

Amazing when you think about it, folks trading-in their intelligence for money. Would this be prostitution?

It is funny when you talk about intelligence and you use you're instead of your. That's not a typo or autocorrect but your lack of intelligence.

Anonymous 04-16-2013 03:00 PM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
Uh-oh! It looks like someone got hit in the gut with the comments. Sorry, but Amitiza's days are numbered, but you keep selling the tight junction marketing bull. Too Funny!

Anonymous 04-17-2013 07:56 AM

Re: Does Linzess restore tight junctions like Amitiza?
 
I just recently started selling Linzess. I wasn't sure about the tight junctions so I asked my biggest amatiza writer. he's soooooo cute. he brought me into his office and 15 minutes later he complimented my tight junctions. think i'll be seeing some rx's this week!!! Go Forest!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.