SANE Vax, Inc. Reports Human Papillomavirus (HPV) DNA Contamination in Gardasil To ..

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Sep 7, 2011 at 6:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: SANE Vax, Inc. Reports Human Papillomavirus (HPV) DNA Contamination in Gardasil T

Dick Clark held a clipboard and watched tablets being pressed in the 70's at Elkton. Rightly or wrongly, at that site (primarily active ingredient site) those guys in the drug product building were considered to be a cut below the average talent level in MCMD. He is background is very much like a lot of others; university degree, military training, keep the troops and the conveyers running. That's about as far from the art of pharmaceutical manufacturing as you can get. But it forever qualified him as solidly grounded in manufacturing. There are a lot of other leaders in lots of other areas at Merck with similarly shallow resumes that are making decisions for which their vaunted experience is insufficient. It is part of the curse of Merck's golden boy talent process. Pass through quickly on your way and keep leave it behind is the usual track record for the leadership team. If they think heard enough they actually might remember someone from their past that actually did know something useful. And this rapid, shallow leader development is not only in the pharma industry.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: SANE Vax, Inc. Reports Human Papillomavirus (HPV) DNA Contamination in Gardasil T

Merck does have a history of hiring pretty good R&D people. The problem is the people around R&D have no clue how to run or manage anything. I don't like the way the post was written but I agree with the subject matter within the words.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The most depressing thing about these posts is that none of us are surprised that this happened...maybe it's time to cut the cord.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how does Willie Deese still have a job? They should cut him and the whole QA crew. If anything should be outsourced that is it. Things can't get any worse. Have you ever tried to have a conversation with anyone from QA in NJ? I have and you wonder how they were ever hired in the first place. Total garbage at best. They did not get their jobs because of intellect. There has to be another reason (wink, wink)

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Willie Deese's job is to outsource as much manufacturing as possible. He can't wait until these sorts of things happen only to external manufacturers.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He is a dummy. Manufacturing is only as good as the process and how well quality control detects and corrects issues. If the process and QA is horrible (like it is now) outsourcing will not fix anything. Get competent people in QA and hire experts who know process and outsourcing will not be needed. In the old days everyone at Merck was the best in class regardless of the position. Now we have fools in important positions (QA) that give upper management (fools also) an excuse to move jobs elsewhere.
    HR, PLEASE READ: clip QA before your job gets outsourced also.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The last thing sweet willie would want is accountable people in QA. There is a good chance that he put the most incompetence people there on purpose so the outsourcing can be done quicker. It's called the scorched earth way of managing.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've seen it firsthand - QA spends more of their energy figuring out how to get questionable stuff released than it does getting problems properly fixed so that they will not re-occur. Of course, QA has lots of rules and regulations and SOPs but when push comes to shove, management can always get objections swept aside. If the leaders of the manufacturing group actually had really useful prior experience, they would be 10 X more efficient at spotting serious issues than any outside auditor. And formerly with Merck, if your management spotted deficiencies in your area, such a discovery could be career-threatening. But those outside auditors still are finding things so it must mean only one of three things: The management are clueless about the people, facilities, products, processes, and systems they manage; management is not spending any time looking for deficiencies; or management just doesn't care. Or perhaps all three? God help the general public when its products get 100% supplied from the outside - under (by then) even more under-informed, absentee dimwitted Merck "vigilance". Merck now sells what provides profitable self-convenience - not any real quality.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The issues is QA is a group of people who really don't have what it takes to do such an important job. I don't think they even understand or even care that they can destroy someones life or worse yet a child's. They have a black heart and no soul if they would move a dirty product because they are scared. Old Merck people did what was right and we had a good reputation. Now we are spineless cowards who would put people in harms way for the dollar. I hate to write it but maybe the words cowards and c*nts do describe the Merck QA department.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me help, Willie A Deese started around 2004 at Merck. He is as dumb as a stump. He had to find people less intelligent than himself so he hired complete morons. Then in 2009 the merger happened. SP had plenty of complete idiots who fit that description in QA (especially at Kenilworth headquarters). He wants the process to fail because his game plan is to move all manufacturing outside the USA. The QA people are too stupid to understand that the more bad press we receive, the quicker it will happen. They will be out of work also.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The problems at West Point started well before Willie Deese arrived. This is not to say that Willie has the vision it takes to reverse the situation. I would say the erosion of the manufacturing operations started sometime after the ambitious middle management abandoned West Point and Rahway so they could spend time kissing ass in the New Jersey countryside at Whitehouse Station. This change in emphasis soon converted the formerly competent operations groups into transfer lounges for PowerPoint-pushing self-promoters. QA problems are like children run wild problems. Absentee (or utterly ignorant) parents and babysitters.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would love to know the interview process for QA. Finding people more lazy, ignorant, and clueless than Willie is hard to find. I guess they just took the pulse of a candidate and if it came up positive, they were hired. I would love to see how QA managers and workers will find a job after Merck after they are let go.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sad but true. They also probably kept those at Schering who had major problems of their own to help enhance our processes.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don’t really care about how they live with themselves or how they sleep at night knowing the people they hurt. I care about the dollar. We have been through tough times before and have always managed to succeed because our reputation was so good. If a customer had a choice of 2 similar drugs we always won outright because we were a safe and reliable company. Because QA and all there major issues we do not have the customers confidence. 15 years ago we would have 90% of the hep-c market just because of who we were. Because of the major screw-ups in production and QA in a comatose state , we have little crap companies take us to the woodshed because we lost the customers confidence in who we are. I have been here 32 years and we used to steamroll all the other companies because our house was in order. Now, as the comic book pogo said “"We have met the enemy and he is us."

I guess the pogo comic strip shows my age.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The people who lie awake at night are the parents of the girls that are hurt.

Does anybody here has an idea of what they are going through??

It is not only about production and sales, but also about the harm that has been done.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do we look the mothers in the eye when we know that we are injuring their children. When did we as a company stop caring. What is wrong with this picture. Our products are supposed to help, not harm.

What is going to happen when these teenagers realize that Gardasil is what is injuring them and it is because there is trash in the vaccine?

First Burnt Plastic, now recombinant HPV DNA.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is why they are a bunch of disgusting human being. I know the fat blond one in NC was let go. What a B*tch.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am in sales or a rep or whatever you want to call me. I love how people think we are the horrible and over-payed people. Now that I think about it, QA are truly scourge of the earth. I just can't imagine how the parent feel right now because QA is such a group of incompetent people. Is it worth the $$$ to, I don't feel like typing

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The QA department should be fired
    “A sexually naïve girl developed acute juvenile rheumatoid arthritis at age 13 within 24 hours after the third Gardasil™ injection and her blood sample - tested two years later - was found to be positive for HPV DNA by a local clinical laboratory.” A possible connection between HPV DNA in Gardasil™ and leukemia or lymphoma has also been raised

100% results from 13 different lots. Gardasil is not supposed to have any whole virus. It might trigger some of the autoimmune-based inflammatory disorders and malignant tumors observed among children/young women after receiving Gardasil.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wake up people. Merck cheats in all aspects of the business. Tax, sales, production, R&D, clinical filing. The data is just too consistent to think that Billion-dollar fines for tax evasion, Medicare fraud, Consent Decrees, HPV contamination, and Vioxx are isolated incidents. Better perfect your cheating skills and get with the program or get the hell out. New Merck's reputation is 180 degrees away from its legacy namesake's reputation.