RIP WITTY

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Mar 25, 2015 at 2:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Time for Witty to move on and bring in new leadership to save us.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sir Andrew was much like the current President of the U.S. Charismatic, but only to the naive. Too young and too inexperienced. Not enough time paying his dues, learning and acquiring wisdom. This is what you get. A company that has been forever branded as unethical. Not just in this country but around the world. A more experienced executive could have navigated these issues a lot better. He needs to go!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

must go he is clueless about the bribes, advair, nogrowth, he is pathetic laughing stock.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All this is rubbish....Andy is a thoughtful, kind, family man committed and working hard towards the success of GSK.
    Not so nice things are being said about him. He is working hard to turn things around.
    The brides were result of bad rouge employees, Advair was marketing and divisional head responsibility. Lack of growth is a result of a new products and research failure. Its a dry spell. If the lavatory backs up it is plumbing problem and Andy cannot be blamed for all things going wrong.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could not agree more. Witty and DC were great together. Great visionaries. What is GSK doing to itself breaking up such a great twosome. Long live PF.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would like to believe this, and I could believe this, but evidence which trickles down to the field level is scant at best. We don't know what to believe any more, quite frankly.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be insane GSK has struggled and shrinking. U have Pompous Asses running the show. Research productivity and business implementation areas suck. So what is left manufacturing and legal to keep us out of jail. Apathetic place to work.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the fact is that many people knew about imminent China issue before it hit the fan. It was discussed at exec level. Many quick reassignments.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To Post #5 - You seem to be giving Sir Andrew a pass? Stock has performed poorly under his reign. Company has had three downsizings under his leadership. Scandal has been rampant since he has been at the wheel. Hundreds of millions have been lost because of the reasons I have stated. Let me give you another scenario and see how you answer. You have a local field sales representative. Been with the company 15 years. Throughout that time the individual has been directly responsible for for thousands of GSK prescriptions. Never a blemish on their record. But then the sales drop below the national average. For six to twelve months. Whats the first thing GSK does? They issue that individual a PIP. They make that person so stressed out that they either leave or get fired. We have all seen this play out many times over the years. The fact that the reps sales dropped because of a managed care loss is not a valid reason for an excuse according to GSK. So I ask you, do you still believe Sir Andrew should stay? How about a PIP issued by the BOD? How about weekly Field Ride-Alongs 8 hrs per day with no break? Either the performance improves or he is fired? While were at it, when he travels on business, have him get a "roommate" who snores all night long and takes $hits that peel paint from the walls. That seems fair to me. Thoughts?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Indeed.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at GSK's stock price history 2008-present vs. pharma peers. End of story.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, wow, thanks man. I had a hard day and needed a laugh....

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We need AW now more than ever. Hope GSK keeps him. Outstanding leader. Maybe he will keep PF alive.