Stay Away from INC!

Discussion in 'INC Research' started by Anonymous, Nov 23, 2010 at 7:31 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quintiles leadership is a hell of a lot better than INCs. I worked for Q as a CRA for 3 years but left to go to another CRO recently. Its been a horrendous experience for me but I am trying to get back to Q. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a current employee, I am seeing that INC is now a more energized company than ever. I can tell you first hand that the morale and excitement for the future with a new CEO is very strong in my office. I've never seen so many people so optimistic for the future and truly happy to be part of INC. We've struggled in the past, but my colleagues and I have seen positive changes and lots of forward momentum.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does that include the people who were laid last week? These "Rah, Rah" posts always leave me suspicious.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would say especially the people getting laid! :) lol

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Energized! More like deluded if you think INC are good. New CEO is a complete dickhead who is probably waiting for a fat pay off and then he will be off. He is a complete moron.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone notice a pattern here? If anything and I mean anything positive is said on these boards, it's pulled apart by the haters. Get a life and stop with the personal attacks.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here you go then. INC are fantastic. Ha Ha Ha!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work at INC in clinical. I like it. I don't feel like a workhorse, like I did at PAREXEL. CRAs are given a chance to be trained on SOPs and the protocols before going out to monitor. The work atmosphere is positive. CROs are mostly all the same, but in my 18 years monitoring/lead/managing, INC is pretty good.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Financial owners of INC will be tolerant for a bit longer, then will again look to fix the problem - the BDs are selling a house of cards..... The BUs lack qualified staff, metrics are not as well tracked as their Trusted Process states, their systems are numerous and antiquated, the new COO has no responsibility for the BUs since the new CEO does not yet want to relinquish that control until he can fix what ails them.... INC has yet to recover from the purchase of Kendle and they had treated the Kendle legacy staff with little respect and most left.... INC fared better when they catered to the smaller pharma and biotech. They could not compete with the likes of the bigger CROs and should not have tried.....

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lay-offs yesterday in multiple offices and an assortment of departments/positions. As a seasoned employee of this company I can state that there is an overall issue at the top. I'm not talking about Jamie or Alistair (although they could also be contributing) but the slew of SVPs who have no idea what is going on below them (or even what they're supposed to be doing) and listen to whatever any kiss-ass will say. There are a lot of really great directors and managers at INC, and if you're fortunate enough to work for one of them consider it a blessing. What you may not know is the horrible pressure and micro-management that they are put through and how many of them continually hit a brick wall when trying to provide growth for their direct reports. It's even more pronounced in the general operations area but it's becoming an issue within clinical because of the lost awards that are beginning to pile up. If you're looking into a job at INC, or a departmental transfer, be sure you're going somewhere billable or risk getting the ax faster than others.
    Every CRO has their dysfunction but this has really created a toxic environment that everyone based in a US-office is starting to feel. I've heard rumors about the company getting ready to buy, again, or be bought, and if that happens there's no telling what could occur as far as job stability, etc. The semi-recent "acquisition" of Kendle has been a failure. I hesitate to use that word because it seems that most of the Kendle upper-management replaced/pushed-out the INC management, and the entire culture of this place has changed for the absolute worst. It was more of a merger and INC is being run into the ground, just like Kendle.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's always the people affected by lay-offs with the negative things to say. It's also true that in many cases the people laid off are the lowest performers in their departments. If you value the opinion of a bottom performer in your industry, than I would suggest you do in fact stay away from INC.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wonder who posted that last thread - I suspect someone from INC management! I was laid off - no selection criteria, nothing, no reasons given. I am not a 'low performer' as confirmed by consistent excellent appraisals. The fact is, people being targeted for redundancy are the ex Kendle employees - discrimination most definitely. My solicitor told me I have excellent case for unfair dismissal - but I no longer want to work for a company that treats its emplyees so badly - my boss from INC was a dictator! Hence I can't wait to get out of there despite working there for over 10 years.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How this company is still in business defies me. They are unethical and useless!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually your post is what's unethical and useless. INC rocks!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Deluded fool

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With Gill and Ogle now gone I heard things are way better.. looks like Gill was the clueless slash and burn non industry guy. Now if they can fix the HR leadership things will be good! Rick Mark is as clueless as Larry according to most and not sure how he has survived. Heard he hides well!