I'm a 52 year old unemployed ..... am I too old to get hired!

Discussion in 'Industry Veterans' started by Anonymous, Aug 18, 2005 at 1:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: I\'m a 52 year old unemployed ..... am I too old to get hired!

I only work 20 hours a week, in the top 5% of the company and will retire a multi-millionaire by 50 years old. I guess I would be angry too if I didn't prepare and I was 50 years old with no future and my kids hate me and my wife is having sex with successful 28 year olds. By the way, at meetings, I am one of the youngest reps in Oncology. Your 50 your old wives are the ones hitting on me and wanting to have sex with me because I am successful and their old ass husbands got laid off because they didn't prepare. I am having sex with your wives at these meetings, over 20 women over 40 since I started 3 years ago.

Let me guess. I realize that this was an old post but this guy obviously had a three inch dick, never got laid and had the crap kicked out of him every day in high school. Just a strong hunch.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

160k yr, whata dumbshit.. is that big money for u u pc of shit? cant wait to see you when you are older and your big mouth got into into a big wreck and nothing but hatred from your peers. You wait and see smart guy, you will reap what you sow. Working so hard, making only 160k?? lol kids a joke!!! WORKING HIS ASS OFF FOR PEANUTS AND THEN BRAGGING ABOUT IT!!! LOL

3. #63 Walking Eagle, Dec 16, 2013 at 12:43 AM
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013 at 7:54 PM
    Walking Eagle

Walking Eagle Active Member

yep, and you are so dynamic and rich and have a great savings portfolio that all you can score with are 50 year old married women. those are some great bragging rights...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tell me, how do you know you will make it to 50?

Just curious. If you have a time travel device, let me know. I think we can make trillions with that.

Look forward to your response.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I highly doubt you. Therefore your customers do as well or will learn to.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am with you. I hear this embellished success speak on this site on regular basis.

For one, I do not believe you for one minute. If you were all that - you would not be sucking up to a DM all day in hopes you make it through the next lay off.
    Believe me. We all believed at 28 we were above it all and were going to retire at 50.
    Well, then come real life comes along and................

From your attitude, I foresee at least payouts on 2 divorces in your future.

By fifty you notice it is always the same circus with different clowns. Why even bother buying a ticket? You have seen the show. Life is far improved outside of corporate America.
    In corporate you have 1 winner and 1000 losers on an annual basis.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please forgive me being late to this thread, but I found it and it really struck a chord with me.

I turned 53 this past month and I just found out that my employer is selling out to a larger company that boasts about its "energetic and enthusiastic" sales force. From experience, we all know those are probably code words for "young and underpaid". I have been with the same company, enduring layoffs, reorgs and just about everything else for over 25 years, and I have no illusions that my employment will be continued if this merger takes place. There is no rep from the other company in my territory and we don't have any competing products per se. I just don't know anyone from that acquiring company that isn't under 50. I know they fired a bunch of reps a few years back after their product went off patent, and it seems all the reps they fired were 50 or over.

I have no idea what the future will bring. I don't know whether to go back to school to get a nursing degree or what. Just venting here. I have a ton of company stock, but somehow my employer will find a way to screw us out of that.