Bioscience Layoffs?

Discussion in 'Baxter' started by Anonymous, Apr 24, 2010 at 1:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it is very quite here at Baxter in the Bioscience divisions - including the ivig and hemophilia business units. Is this the calm before the storm. Will the hemophilia organization decrease from 30 to 15? Heck our product is 6 + years old and is still over priced. No of us TBM's are making any money in commissions. Our counterparts are not hitting their goals.
    I am not sure about a layoff coming but wanted to put it out there and see if anyone has the or some information. Like I said it is very very calm right now.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is an expansion going on.. there are new Bioscience openings everywhere in the country...Baxter wants to increase Gammagard marketshare. Unless they lower the price, the expansion is a waste of time and resources;;;this division is the reason why the stock tanked 17% last week.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no expansion - right sizing

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This expansion is the dumbest thing that Baxter could have done. Gammagard marketshare and profits increased in 2009 before the expansion. The sales team was "right sized". They should have left it alone. The only reason they are doing the expansion is because they announced they were bringing in more people when they split the sales force to IVIG/PULM. They hired people because the plan was to have 2 teams. When that fell apart, I think they felt obliged to keep the people they brought over. They should have made territories with however many reps they had and left the rest alone.
    Impossible quotas, low bonus, tbms and rbds quitting, low moral; its a bad situation. We will have to wait and see

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hemophilia is a cash cow a no one even works except us the RBD and make shit for money

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Baxter has no real commitment to its employees. Bioscience, what a joke, why is the new head of HR an Austrian who works out of Vienna. What does that tell you? They could care less about anything related to the humans that work for Baxter!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and Baxter medical benefits are horrible. If they cared about employees, we would have more that 1 option

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard that the company was doing a 'reorganization", but not just in Bioscience, also in Renal. Timing was expected to be completed by beginning of June....has anyone else heard that timeframe?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is very true, he's an arrogant Austrian who thinks his stuff doesn't stink, but he's Joy's boy-toy so let's see what happens. How do you run a supposedly key function like HR supporting a global business from Vienna when it's a 9 hour time difference to our team in WLV? The idiots are now running the asylum.

Let's put the Human back into HR; time for a UNION at Baxter!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HR is the biggest joke at Baxter. USELESS!!!!!!!!!!! They can't answer a question if their life depended on it. They are pathetic. Lets not forget all the errors they make. Gee, who do you go to when HR makes mistakes. If you do, you are black balled. Talk about a waste of salaries.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trust NO ONE in HR Thousand Oaks, even less in Westlake. Renee Gilmore "new leadership" is bullshit, don't be fooled by her smiles. She's simply the SLT "pet" that hides the wrong-doings of them all.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

16 folks got the axe here at the LA Plant. Looks like the idiot Scot DeAthos gave the employees a parting shot before he left Baxter. So glad Scot is leaving. He's the most unspiring manager I've ever met. LA Plant is worst run plant in BioScience.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Scott DeAthos is a joke. I worked for him in Michigan. The company made a big deal that he was laid off like everone else. However, they later gave hime back pay and a job in LA.

In addition, he was at the Maryland plant (schedule to close 2010). He was called the little general. I do not think he has the talent to run a 7-11.

It is people liek him and SUe brown that are causing Baxter to loss value.

By the way Scott - If you read this do you still want an after action report? Rott in Hell

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In 2003, Baxter closed the only union plant in the company - A BioScience Plasma manufacturing plant in Rochester Michigan.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW Scot never changed. When he came to LA, he caused turnover in the Tech Services Director (his old job). We went thru 4 people in less than 2 years. People can't wait to run away from Scot. Too bad it took so long to have people wise up to his inept tactics as a manager.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Too bad it took so long to have people wise up to his inept tactics as a manager."

I can assure you Scot did not get asked to leave. He resigned. He'd been successfully running LA for some time now and could have kept doing so. I actually found him to be a strong leader when I worked for him.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought, as Humans, we all make mistakes. Med Del HR must not be human, because they will never and I mean never own up to ALL the mistakes they continue to make. They will lie right to your face, but now they have three of them to have coverage when they are screwing you over. What a waste of money and a pathetic way to treat us. They are the chosen ones! What a joke! They rome around and eat lunch together; how sweet.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will med del be having lay off's too?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do you know that for sure? Also, why are they having lay-off's? Lastly, when will they be having lay-off's? Thanks for you input.