Brilinta

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Apr 9, 2012 at 7:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Plavix will have the price, survival May 18th.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last I saw, lowest dose ASA dose did not beat Plavix in North America as well>>>>> Explain that one. Every patient cohort in North America could not beat Plavix no matter how you dice of the data. We can't explain this one at all.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Under 100 mg of ASA did beat plavix for events. Not sure what you are talking about. Problem for U.S. is that subset was too small to make any meaningful interpretations. So, you have to go with the overall trial results and not a small subset. Look up Duke's take on the trial.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Plavix is a drug that will be reserved for the poor and that will be it. It is crap compared with the Brilinta. Very few hospitals are going to favor Effient over Brilinta if they have to only pick one brand ADP. No one will pick a drug with a high bleeder risk and longer wait to surgery over a drug with a mortality benefit. Plus, Effient should never be used pre-PCI. Thought leaders are already considering the benefits of loading with Brilinta for NSTEMI and STEMI.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd rather read the FDA review remarks. Overall, the North America anomaly was a major concern and not expelained by aspirin dosing.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There just were not enough patients in the North American arm but the PI does note it is probably the asprin dose. . . that IS what the FDA ruled. I would like to see if bleeding complications drove that endpoint in the U.S. High dose asprin could then be confirmed to be the problem. Again, the U.S. has a history of overdosing antithrombotic medications and when even minor bleeding occurs, the doc will yank the therapy leaving the pt unprotected. That same pt will then later be more likely to have an MI or even die.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

U R a TROLL! Go back to your Effient board. There is more going on here than meets the eye. It IS the asprin dose. Of course, you are not going to see a benefit in all those little subsets from North America. DUH!!!!! There were less than 1900 pts. Pull out just the low ASA pts, and the benefit suddenly becomes clear. Was compliance due to BID or was it intent to treat? There is a big difference. Usually in clincial trials, compliance with the protocol is just noted as "non compliance with the protocol" and does not mean it was b/c the drug is dosed BID, especially in a clinical trial - the drug is provided free and the patient understands and signs that they understand how to take the medication per protocol. it could be because the pt went to CABG and the drug was discontinued or due to bleeding or something else entirely. Again, I am guessing that if that was the "compliance" in N.A., it is because of issues due to high ASA, interactions with that high dose and perhaps fear of bleeding or actual bleeding during or just after hospitalization. Drug gets stopped, patient is still counted as being in treatment group yet recieves NO benefit of treatment and the investigator just notes noncompliance with protocol and some discription that can never be broken down due to too few patients and too many reasons. Americans are comfortable with their Plavix and less likely to have stopped it because it is not new. So, Plavix arm gets treatment. Brilinta arm gets their drug stopped. You figure it out.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brilinta is actually a good drug, but AZ screwed up the clinical trial because marketing refused to allow high dose aspirin patients to be excluded from the study so that the market potential could be larger. The trial was underpowered to boot to save money. Now they don't have the significant data in hand to prove that their drug works. Typical short sighted decisions by AZ management.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, I think they have figured it out. They fired a bunch of statin reps who were "launching" Brilinta (poorly) and are now replacing them with people who actually have interventional experience. It will happen. No drug today has a blockbuster launch. Those days are long gone especially when a drug is second or third to class. A first in class drug with a good safety profile would do it but those are few and far in between. Many now are for smaller niche markets and will never achieve the billion dollar mark. I actually think Brilinta could do it with the right strategy and thought leaders/web/CME coverage. Duke seems behind the drug. That's all I need to know.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The global data is significant. I think the problem is convincing the U.S. docs that the data can be applied to their clinical practice and how. That is a bit more difficult. I am certain there will be some more breakouts and studies at the academic level coming in the next two to three years, probably even an extended release version of the product for better preventative dosing.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ticrapalor did not beat Plavix regardsless of the does of aspirin, no sig differrence and overall net harm. Just the facts...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Duke research did state that US compliance was only 62%. BID dosing sucks....

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While the launch was remarkably poor, the real problem now is that the professional sales staff lacks credible proof that Brilinta is superior to Plavix in certain circumstances. This is due to a lack of proper clinical studies, not the launch. If management cared about this drug they would be feverishly running new studies to get this done. I have not heard anything about this being done. Without being able to carry the proper data as tools in their sales kit, the sales staff can only have a limited impact on growth for this product.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now, you might have someting there...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

check out clinicaltrials.gov
    lots of active trials for Brilinta and some head to heads coming.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I sure hope the new trials have better designs and less influence from marketing this time. One can always hope.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spoken like a true kool-aid drinker.

NO extended release version. Ask you MIS (or whatever they are called now) why.

KNOW YOUR PRODUCT SKIPPY.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everything is influenced by marketing. Why do you think so many health systems are forcing their docs to sign agreements that they will NO contact with pharma at all. This is just a job. Enjoy it while it lasts. You are an extension of marketing.

To the moron who cannot sell a breakthrough product: TROLL, go back to your own board and get off this one. You are not fooling anyone nor do you sell Brilinta. I can hardly wait when the data comes out showing less bleeding and better/same efficacy with ours instead of yours. Ask the TCs which drug they'd rather have on board if they have to operate.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whatever. You want to sell, SELL! This is not about who is more clinical. Interventionals want whatever will get them in and out with the least problem, keep their pts from coming back and keep them from getting dinged. Brilinta is in the new PCI guidelines that came out about three weeks ago. The playing ought to favor this product. Do your own damn research.

And, no, I do not sell it. LOL

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GREAT reply to my post.... Oh, wait. You didn't reply to what I said you just rambled on like you were having a face to face with your doctor. What you said is pointless. Absolute worth ZERO.

My comment was, and still is, KNOW YOUR PRODUCT. Brilinta can NOT be made into an extended release product. Ask your MIS why.... learn your dam product or effient will continue to eat you for lunch.

LEARN YOUR PRODUCT