Working while collecting severance pay

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Apr 18, 2012 at 5:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been working for months and still collecting my severance. I call it combat pay for putting up with all the bullshit. Life is better on the other side, they treat you like a human being.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

kudos to you

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you leave Abbott, not getting laid off, do they pay out your vacation pay?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The prorated amount I believe.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Perhaps one the "HR Monitors" could answer you. I believe you get paid out any unused vacation, so if you started with 3 weeks and havent used any it is all yours if you leave tomorrow.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Correct. Been there and done that. Same with working during severance pay period.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I got laid off from Abbott a few years ago and got a great severance package. By signing that I would not take legal action I could get the package and that Abbott would not fight my unemployment claim (I could double dip). So I was not working and making more $ than when I was working. Then I got a under the counter job at a local pub and made great tips as a Bar Tender.

I got a job at a Competitor of Abbott's just before my severance ran out. I had painted my entire home inside and out, laid new carpets and put in a hardwood floor myself. I did sign that I would not go to a Competitor but I was told by a Lawyer friend of mine that Abbott will not pursue it as I am a small fish . Maybe if I were a CEO etc they might do something. I will say that life is better with the Competition. There is no bulling and intimidation like at Abbott. If you are appreciated for your work you work harder and are more productive. At Abbott the intimidation factor was always there and that is why Abbott is no productive. They will spend $ 1 trying to save 25 Cents. Not cost effective. Micromanagement.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The no competes are not legal in California for anyone below an officer of the company. Many states are the same. And they are only good for two years. Federal law.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Toodles is a fudge packer.