Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My buddy works there is does well. Made $ 280K in his 3rd year. Expects it to keep going up by 10-20% over the next few years. They are good

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

50k base 105k at plan with a guaratee w-2 of 85k first year.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

50k base 105k at plan with a guarantee w-2 of 85k first year.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked at Sage for a while. They are a good company with a talent for marketing commodity products as improving patient outcomes. They have a history of dominating the market in all categories: Pre-packaged bathing, Oral Care, Surgical Site Infection Cloths, and Pressure Ulcer Prevention. Most of the managers are really good guys. There are a few that I would not work for, but that's just personal preference.

What territory? I can give you more insight if I knew what territory you are looking at.

If you get an interview, ask who the distributors are in your territory. If its Medline, I would be very cautious about taking the job. Medline is Sages #1 competitor and with them as your distributor, they will have the upper hand because they have your pricing. They also play games by telling the Hospital that Sage is on backorder, and offer their products as a temporary replacement. Their products are junk, but they are 10-30% cheaper. ICU nurses care about the difference in quality, but Materials Management does not, at all!

The biggest obstacle is Sage's pricing is way to high for wipes and toothbrushes. They have dominated the market in the past, but with the changing purchasing landscape in hospitals this has started to change. If they don't consider playing ball with the hospitals they are in for a rude awakening; they will alienate hospitals and wont be able to regain accounts once they finally decide to lower pricing. The relationships with Material Mgmnt will have been damaged. Materials Managers will say. "Where were you 6 months ago when I wanted lower pricing? No thanks, we are happy with Medline or Kimberly Clark"

The only defense Sage has is their Corporate Accounts team is amazing and has a good track record of getting GPO positioning. This is also changing...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks to those who replied giving me info on the company. I already interviewed and unfortunately I'm not going to move one in the interview process. The guy I interviewed with was the probably the biggest prick I met in my life. That was surprising to me because the HR person I initially spoke with was a sweetheart and everyone on this board seems very nice and respectful.

Anyways, this guy had the audacity to tell me that since my 3.0 gpa is considered average that makes me just an average guy. Keep in mind, this was the second or third sentence out of his mouth and I realized I was already over it. From there he told me the industry I'm currently in is Junior Varsity compared to medical, then proceeded to tell me one of my answers was amateur. From there I asked him since he was so great what would his answer be. He basically gave the same answer I just did but had to throw in that his answer came from a Harvard study. Wow man, you're such an elitist!! Maybe that was style and was trying to throw me off, but regardless I wouldn't want to work for a guy like that. Probably the most arrogant and condescending douche I've met in a long time.

Sorry for the long rant. By the way, he is the NW Regional Manager. I told him about Cafepharma so hopefully he reads this and realizes how big of a dick he is. Thanks again for everyone's insight.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does Sage drug test new hires?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any info on the Denver territory?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Would love to know if there is at updated Information here - especially in light of the recent news of the saleZ

Can anyone shed light?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stryker? Who saw that coming? Always expected either 3M, CareFusion/BD, or Medline to make this purchase!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow. I feel like I dodged a bullet. I was interviewing with Sage in January and moved on from the opportunity after 3 rounds. I'm glad I did. I'm not sure I would have wanted to work for Stryker.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was told I would be covering the entire region. I know the SAGE Products Reps get company cars. Do the Sage Products ASR's get cars too? Do they get mileage reimbursement? How's this work?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would stay far away. Sage was awesome until Stryker came and screwed everything up. They fired two of the best Area Vice Presidents in the company's history because they had the audacity to try and get valued customers out of a bind during a product recall. Reps are leaving left right and center. The entire marketing team has transferred into other roles within Stryker, except for one guy. Much of senior leadership has "retired early". It's too bad, it was such a great company to work for. I'm still there but am 3-deep in interviews with two other companies, so if anyone wants any more current insights, please reach out.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is the territory?

15. Dmac

Dmac new user

How is Sage to work for now? Been a few years since the buyout and hear they are expanding. Some available positions coming up that I may be interviewing for.

16. Dmac

Dmac new user

How is Sage to work for now? Been a few years since the buyout and hear they are expanding. Some available positions coming up that I may be interviewing for.

17. Dmac

Dmac new user

18. Dmac

Dmac new user

You still there? Seeing how it is now.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Still waiting?