1. Cafepharma also has message boards for retail pharmacies: click here to view
    Dismiss Notice
Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was told that they switched all their reps to W-2 telling them it was illegal to have 1099 reps and collect for TRICARE.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you should check out Prescription Dynamics. Great company only hires 1099 though, been working with them about a year. Sales director will only hire someone with great relationships.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't believe a Compounding Pharmacy that knows what they are doing will only hire 1099 reps these days. Dermatran seems to know what they are doing by moving primarily to a W-2 force.....if you don't think that the 1099 v. W-2 is an issue, just look at any major lawfirm that deals with the Compounding Pharmacy space, and you will see them refer to this as a practical necessity moving forward.....

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you want to succeed in the compounding business as a rep, focus on finding a local compounding pharmacy whose pharmacists has received qualified training at an organization like PCCA. Anyone can do pain management compounding and work to build a local network of prescribing physicians who can gain confidence in a local compounding pharmacy. All products from pharmacy to pharmacy are basically the same. Rob Gussenhoven's so called "proprietary formulations" were copied from PCCA's original formulas though he says he has improved them. Well, so has everyone else (All With the same Improvements).

Dermatran may say that they get great volume discounts from suppliers but after getting to a few hundred scripts per day any pharmacy can get similar discounts. They do not pass the savings on to the patient. All Diamond level pharmacies get the same volume discounts.

Physicians are wanting to do business locally not with a bunch of pharmacists and reps who keep bouncing from pharmacy to pharmacy while leaving a trail of confusion in the medical practices.

There are approximately 50-75 pharmacies each month across the US attending compounding training, buying the same technology, and compounding the same ingredients. Anyone with half a pharmacy degree can do this.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sherlock-
    They ain't heeyah.

Why don't you invest all that time of yours and redo the personal insult/racist ragtag diatrive about anyone associated with OPC. I think you have learned by know that they are pproved by the moderator and asked at a later date to be taken down....OPC, which I might add, is open once again. SEC is NOT open last time I checked. Whattup with dad.

I think that you believe ALOT more people care about any of this shit than really do. Until the Feds come down with their charges and go to court, I dont think many people will care.

These Creams help patients. Please tell me what OPC or SEC or Russellville were doing that was so bad. Are you the plant that was working for OPC and the person who directed the Feds to go after that one set of computers/files...is that why you seem to treat Rodney like the ArchAngel thet he thinks he is on this forum?

This site is truly for the BAMAZONS!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So if this really is the end of the ride for pain creams, what else is out there for someone looking to provide clinically validated solutions to their docs and put a few bucks in their pocket along the way?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If someone finds them offensive or if someone from the companies complain - they will remove them.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ROLL TIDE!!! OPCRx IS ROARING BACK! Now hiring reps all over Alabama, Georgia and the rest of the country. We did nothing wrong!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is your hate-fest with Rodney? Do you not realize how much he was deceived by the Moss's?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am thinking about picking up a Pain Cream line but the company has a sliding scale commission based on the numbers of scripts written. What's the average number of scripts a good rep is selling per week/month?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not a bad company, but they do not pay enough considering what they want to be. You have to be in a good area in terms of 3rd party payor coverage to break through and make decent money, otherwise it will be difficult to make good money. Some areas of the country reimburse 2/3x other areas of the country, so it is not really based on scripts,in other words there are reps bringing in twice the scripts but only making half the amount. Anything military is a good place to be...
    I know reps at other pharmacies are doing very very well, but they simply have higher commission rates for the scripts they generate.

Anyone know of Pharmacies paying 20% commissions per rx?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The “smell test” applies in this situation. If a rep will be a W2 employee, then he/she needs to be a bona fide (not a “sham”) employee. By this I mean that the supplier must exercise supervision and control over the employee. The provider must train the employee and reimburse the employee for the expenses he/she incurs during the course and scope of his/her employment. Even if the supplier
    (i) has the rep sign an employment agreement, (ii) withholds taxes, and (iii) issues a W2, if the supervision, control and expense reimbursement aspects are not met, the Department of Justice will construe the rep to be a 1099 contractor.
    The OIG has said that the following scenario will violate the anti- kickback statute:
    i. A 1099 rep generates Medicare and commercial business for the supplier; and
    ii. Thesupplierpaysacommissiontotherepforcommercial patients and pays nothing to the rep for the Medicare patients.
    If a 1099 sales rep (independent contractor) generates Medicare/ Medicaid business for the supplier, the provider CAN NOT pay the sales rep on a commission (or other type of production) basis. Doing so violates the Medicare anti-kickback statute.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are a lot of compound pharmacy reps out here - I run into at least 6 a day. A provider told me that he has seen an increase in compound reps in the last 4 months - and he's paranoid to write the product. Also, I know a lot of pharmacies paying their reps this way. Interesting...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spend your time looking for something else to do or find a real pharmaceutical company to rep for.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is hard to understand....your point make it impossible to sell for a compounding pharmacy and get paid:

" ii. Thesupplierpaysacommissiontotherepforcommercial patients and pays nothing to the rep for the Medicare patients.
    If a 1099 sales rep (independent contractor) generates Medicare/ Medicaid business for the supplier, the provider CAN NOT pay the sales rep on a commission (or other type of production) basis. Doing so violates the Medicare anti-kickback statute."

Damned if you DONT (can't pay reps anything for Medicare patients if you pay them for commercial), and damned if you DO (Can not pay sales rep for generating Medicare business)....
    methings you know not what you talk about. i am thinking of joining dermatran as they are doing all of the above (reimbursement of expenses, training, reporting structure with management with reps/managers/regional,etc).....however, a friend who wants me to work for them tells me what reps are making per month, and it is not good...having sold compounds before it can be lucrative if you stick with it and can earn at least 20%....but in closing your "smell test" doesn't make sense as written anyway

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am slightly confused by this post:

In your post - who is the supplier? and who is the provider? Is it the pharmacy?

Also you stated that a 1099 rep generating medicare and commercial business for the supplier is a violation of the anti kickback statutes.

That is the premise of the business model. What constitutes this business model to be a kickback relationship?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are coming out West... wanting to get into Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Washington and Montana. Get ready for the "recruiting" calls.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obviously, Ms.or Mr., you work for said pharmacy (RX Pro or whatever names or other incarnations that fall under the same ownership) that has 4 locations in MS and FL. If I were to say one thing bad about it, you would most certainly get defensive,and then go on the offensive. However, where compounding almost always fails is trying to be nationalin scope.I have never heard of RX Pro, so I am sure your are HUGE in your areas where you have pharmacies, but most of the country has never heard of you.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are incorrect. I don't work for or with either pharmacy - but I am familiar with them. And if you work in the compounding industry - you should be too.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, so because your so fucking smart...why don't you tell us exactly why We all should be concerned. If you have nothing valuable to add then move on.