Parietex Mesh

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Jun 24, 2008 at 12:45 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would get a lawyer and go after the doc who implanted the mesh in you and then refused to consider taking it out for so long. I WOULD ONLY DO THIS on a CONTINGENT basis - meaning if you don't get any money, the lawyer doesn't get any money. I am sorry for what happened to you - that is an insanely messed up story.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

REAL FACT: Davol does grow business because they work contracts and appeal to lazy surgeon who want a quick fix, and do not care about long term effect on patients. There has never been a document fistual w/ePTFE but Bard products have caused many, many, fistulas. Not to metion ring breaks and other issues. Check the MAUDE data base and countless lawsuits. Everyone needs to wake up, there is no perfect mesh, that's why there are so many mfg's out there.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Covidien hiring college graduates is true. They actually have an inside sales team where these people start out and after at least 2 years when an opportunity becomes available they are given the option to move out into the field. As for an MBA recipient being an admin assistant, never heard of that program.

In regards to the 100k. All reps in Auto and Syneture make a minimum of 100k though a good first year number is 120-130k, while hernia is between 130-150k first year. There are many reps who make 200k with some even in the 300k arena, but hey Davol knows everything...allegedly.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've got one for all of you; why does polyester lose 1/3 of it's tensil strength at 10 years and 100% between the 22 and 25 years? Young patients under age 50 beware!!! Covidien only sells products because they hire some of the slimiest used car salesmen in the world, buy off surgeons with fellow grants and only have a few hospitals to call on! Who heard of sofradim or parietex before the marketing sleeze balls said it "was Good mesh." It is allows tacks to go through it when fired, has to be rolled with the barrier facing in or it will rub off (it always does) and then bowl will certainly attract to it, it's adhesion rate on a good day is around 18%, sutures tear through it, the multifilament harbors bacteria and it is subject to have midline tears if you cough too hard! Chronic inflammation is another item, "it never goes away with polyester of polypropylene! That's why "light weight" mesh was invented to reduce the amount of chronic inflammation, but it doesn't work, it just weakens the mesh! Dualmesh "NEVER a REPORTED case of Bowel erosion or fistulization in the life of the mesh!!!! Only mesh on the market with an antimicrobial protection added to the mesh, you can't tear it, it won't split in half, ingrowth is the same if not greater than polyester without the chronic inflammation, more journal articles and research than all other meshes put together, the reps are not jerks and if looking for the safest mesh on the planet with not chronic issues due to the inert properties of the chemical composition and did I mention the highest melting point of all meshes with the strongest fluorine/carbon backbone! Do I need to keep going??? 3151 patient study, 1.1% infection rate, 4.3% reccurence rate, cut it stretch it, roll it, slap it, it doesn't matter it won't break, bend or stick to bowel! More Key opinion leader support than any other mesh, add them up. Next time your mom has surgery, don't let those surgeons that shower with parietex touch her because you know they are in bed with covidien and using a second rate product!!!!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yea, great product...thats why almost no surgeon in thier right mind would use the stuff anymore...dont know about you but a mesh that contracts and folds to the point where it looks like a tortilla chip doesnt really seem all that appealling to me..

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Holy christ! You idiots need to get a life.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like alot of tacks in the pelvis. Most likely youve got nerves intrapped by one or more of the tacks. I would have someone who is comfortable removing these tacks remove as many as possible as well as the mesh. Replace synthetic mesh with biologic product.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

cousin 4 dome mesh will take care of all issues you discuss. be on the lookout ..... Just like the Parietex mesh, and the versport , and protack just to mention a few came through independents before you bought , this will also . So we will make our 30% to 40% comish as long as we have it . Boys earn some real money and go out on your own so you can earn 500 k on an average year if you have the relationships and several lines . But we don't get company cars so ......
    well you got the point have fun in all your little regional meetings , and remember to always kiss the pinky ring

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take a Bow
    Damn just look at the Evidence Based Medicine, Iternational Journal of Investigative Medicine for over 7 years. Ok.. All those doctors are totally wrong.... Shi* you're right.

And the sad story - suture intraption of nerves or vessels - happends - Sometimes Doc's fault.

And please.. learn from good sources not from messageboard.

And yes, polyester as material had problems... but 20 years ago - not even sofradim meshes.
    Oh, my god, so funny stuff you're saying...

10 years of Parietex on the market, Clinical studies with more than 5000 patiens with no reccurrence and accidents less than 0,1% .... compare to ePTFE.... compare to normal PP.... If it would be bad - surely it would be gone from the market by now.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am in surgical sales, but not in the mesh game. I have inquired a few places about this, because hernia's are pretty common and it can be a big surgeon preference headache to standardize on one brand of mesh. I'm just curious to know what else is going on in the market.

Generally, I see a lot of surgeons liking the parietex and its handling properties. Those that are resistant to using another matieral instead of polypro either go with Bard, Ethicon or Parietene products. Covidien seems to be promoting that there is better tissue integration with the Parietex than polypropalene mesh. Bard and Ethicon seem to be trying to use the failure of Merselene(sp) and connect the dots to this product as a reason to stay with polypro.

Kind of reminds me of that reality show "The Bachelor" where a bunch of women bitch at each other and think of reasons why the other is no good for the guy on the show. Trashy but entertaining.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was scheduled for an incisional hernia repair next Monday. The doctor told me yesterday that he used PTFE mesh. I called the office today to ask the brand name- PARIETEX ! I told the nurse that it was polyester not PTFE and she said well there's different kinds of parietex??
    I think this is one of those guys in bed with Covidien. The only way they can sell it is if they tell you it's PFTE. NOT

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BTW how is Permacol doing???

13. WOW. READING EVERYONES COMMENTS IS ENTERESTING. I HAVE THE MESH IN ME NOW FOR 4 YEARS. AFTER BACK SURGURY ARTIFICAL DISC PUT IN THROUGH MY STOMACH. I HAVE 3 HERNIA REPAIRS DONE ON ME AND THEY DID NOT REPLACE THE MESH. THE SAME ONE IS IN FROM THE FIRST SURGURY. I AM STILL IN PAIN IN THAT AREA AND MY STOMACH IS SOOOO DEFORMED. THE DOCTORS DO NOT CARE AND LAWYERS DO NOT CARE. I AM 38 AND DEFORMED FROM THE MESH AND HAVE MULTIPAL SCARES ON MY STOMACH I AM SCREWED. IT HAS BEEN A MEDICAL NIGHTMARE. I LOST MY CLEANING BUSINESS AND I STILL AM UNEMPLOYED FROM THESE SURGURYS. I BELIEVE THERE IS A SPECIAL PLACE IN HELL FOR DOCTORS AND LAWYERS. SO ENJOY YOUR MONEY WHILE YOU CAN.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was implanted with parietex composite in 2008. After the wound never healing from surgery they did an exploratory in 2011 to find the cause of infection and guess what? A piece of dislocated infected perietex mesh was found harboring the infection. the infection had tunneled all over my abdomen and when they finally finished with surgery there was a crevice in my abdomen as big around as a large grapefruit and asdeep as a tennis ball. Thanks DOC

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the best mesh out there? Porcine now?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THERE SEEMS TO BE SO MANY WAYS LAWYERS ARE TRYING TO MAKE MONEY, AND USING THE MEDICAL SCARE TACTICS SEEMS TO BE PUTTING MONEY IN THEIR POCKETS- PATIENTS BE WARE> ALL THE NEW PRODUCTS OUT THERE-RECALLS ON MESH PRODUCTS, VAGINAL MESH, HERNIA MESH. WHAT DO THE DR'S DO- WHO CAN THEY TRUST- IS IT REALLY THEIR FAULT OR THE GOVERNMENT'S FOR LETTING THESE ON THE MARKETS FOR SURGERY? aND WHAT ARE WE AS PATIENTS SUPPOSED TO DO WHEN WE SEE THIS STUFF ON TV? MY MESS IS ONE AND A HALF YEARS OLD-WHEN SHOULD I PANIC-OR CALL A LAWYER> ALL CONFUSING

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello all,
    I am not here to attack anyone, I just wanted to share and wee if anything could be done. I had a Nissan Fundoplication in 2010 which developed into an incisional hernia. it was found that Parietex 15x15cm needed to be used because the colon and omentum as well as part of the liver stuck in the hernia.

The hernia has not reappeared, however since that point I have been in constant pain both on the incisional line as well as the anchor points. I have been to see several surgeons regarding this matter and have now been told I will "just have to live with it."

I am surprised there have not been any of those lawyer commercials about this, they only want the human tissue mesh.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Standard Parietex is just like any other run of the mill mesh. Sounds like things were more related to the patient's case than the implant. You could implant a mosquito net (sterilized of course) and have similar outcomes (both positive and negative). On a side note, this is why covidien hates hernia: Every product from every company essentially does the job well enough.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yep, mesh is mesh. Comes down to patient tolerance and surgeon skill. plain & simple

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

French and their polyester meshes,shiiii...t. Collagen on Parietex swells up like a mothafucka.
    No to "MADE IN Fukin FRANCE".