ConvaTec

Discussion in 'ConvaTec' started by Anonymous, Apr 26, 2007 at 8:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is Dave I still your CEO? With all the firings these past 18 months, has this buffoon been retained? I hope so as I work for one of your many competitors--knowing Mr. J is still the Boss can only be viewed as wonderful news by we competitors. Please share the news on where he's at? With Convatec or canned?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lost at sea still.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just sit right back
    And you'll hear a tale
    A tale of a fateful trip,
    That started from this skillman port,
    Aboard this $4B ship.
    The mate was a mighty sailin' man,
    The Skipper brave and sure,
    Five passengers set sail that day,
    For a three year tour,
    A three year tour.

The weather started getting rough,
    The $4B ship was tossed.
    If not for the balls of the fearless crew
    The ConvaTec would be lost.
    The ConvaTec would be lost.

The ship set ground on the shore
    Of this uncharted desert isle
    With mate MD,
    The BB too.
    The Popeye
    And his sextant,
    The EC stars,
    The Nodics and Avistas,
    Here on Popeyes Isle.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I still remember when Stephen F and The Ronald presented Popeye with his shiny sextant in San Diego. Stephen and Ron shortly thereafter pink slipped and Popeye keeps on sailing this wreck along Skill Lessly. A pathetic moron leading ConvaTec, but alas he still has his shiny sextant to play with as his ship founders. Not too many weeks after San Diego I bolted to be followed by another 150 TMs. Lucky us who've departed. Tragic for those of you still still trapped on Popeye's Island. You still got MD and the dull BB but there is NO hope of rescue.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, I left almost a year ago, and I must say I am so happy I did! This place was and still is a frickin nightmare. Out of curiosity, were there any new wound care products brought to market in 2011? Or just a rehash of the same stuff?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have they made money at Deeside, or haven't they?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Convatec continues to post for open sales positions. Some insights before you apply or take an offer.....

You will regret your decision taking a position with Convatec almost immediately--it is that poor a company to work for. However, they train TMs well so the experience will help you when you quickly decide to move on to a better job. Far better medical device companies will offer better careers once you decide to leave Convatec.

Convatec is owned by a greedy consortium of venture capitalists. You do not matter to these owners, Nordic'Avista, only the profits you bring to the bottom line--rewards (commissions) are scant as quotas are too high to pay you much for excellent sales efforts. Companies owned by ventrue capitalists are places you generally want to avoid as a career stop.

The CEO of convatec is more concerned sailing his mini yacht, not running this company. If you make it to the next National Meeting, and you don't fall asleep when the CEO speaks, you will soon learn to hate sextants, sailboats, and Virgin Atlantic stories. The CEO did engineer a lucrative deal for BMS shareholders as Nordic paid far too much for Convatec so for those of us owning BMS stock, we are thankful to him. However, he is a dolt and has managed this company to the brink of ruination. Do not be surprised if Nordic divests ConvaTec soon as this is a money loser for them.

Working for a competent manager (RSM) is a crap shoot at Convatec. An equal number of them are competent as well as awful. Convatec uber management has usually rewarded the sadists among them as cruelty toward the TM has always been tolerated. However, there are a few good RSMs in the field and you will be blessed if you get one. God help you if you work for one of the sadists.

Good luck deciding on an offer from Convatec, or whether to apply in the first place.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! My recruiter just called me today and told me I got the job with another company!!! FREEDOMMMMMMM!!!!!! Good Luck to all of you wonderful people that are still here! July 4th has a new meaning for me!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your quote "Nordic paid far too much for ConvaTec" - more truth in this statement than you'll ever know!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are truly blessed to be leaving this Nightmare. I preceded you last year and I gained 20 years of life as my health is wonderful again--and so are my bonus checks!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I highly agree with you on that one, I have first hand experience

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sales Quotas...Unattainable

Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 Bonus Checks...A few Dollars

Fiscal Year Merit Increases...Nothing

Finding a Terrific Sales Position Elsewhere...PRICELESS!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Author thinks he is clever. Rather, most likely a dork with a a pen protector in his pocket. You NUT.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, I do HAVE a pen protector, but I don't HAVE my head up my ass like you. You be the Dork.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have a pen protector? What a DORK! (Pharma sales people usually are...)

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Douche.....

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Such a 70's word...you old fart.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Douche BAG...happy now, A-Hole?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are clearly angry because of the prostrate cancer, we encourage you to focus on that fight and not this board. It's a win you can achieve.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lest we forget!!