a new era

Discussion in 'Bayer Animal Health' started by Anonymous, Mar 31, 2011 at 12:53 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This whole thread is so worth the read. All Bayer reps should take the time to absorb and digest.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do not think Peter would like this info public. Is the pricing for pet specialty correct as stated above?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't believe we would ever sell our products cheaper to pet specialty than to our vets. this is all made up by competitors

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merial rep here...this line is the biggest load of BS I've ever heard.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are we selling our products cheaper to the Pet Specialty side than to our Vets? Should we tell our Vets they can buy cheaper if they become a pet store / Vet Hospital and become get one of the contracts mentioned above?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am the only real Bayer rep that has read this? ???????????????????????

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had never heard of this site before today when one of my best Vet account called me in to see her and she asked me a million questions about this thread. Now I know why she is so upset. Is this all true?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No you aren't. We are figuring out how to survive. P.S. This site has minimal credibility due to the number of "DVM's", competitors and agents that can post at will. Our competitors have been successful in denigrating us in the clinic. Some of our competitors have even made it personal and not about business. I challenge them to name another company (other than Merial) that has been more profitable for the DVM in the last 12 years. Our company is trying to survive with products that are well past a normal market life span. What are we to do? Keep plugging and restore our veterinary relationships. We all need to grow up. Bayer is still a very profitable company to work with. The silly plays on our customer's emotions by our new-arrival competitors will wear thin soon. We've had a nice ride over the last decade, time to fight or get out.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very well said! These are good jobs. Think about other people's jobs who are complaining about gas prices, car problems, etc. We don't know any of this b/c of a company car and free gas. Be thankful!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do not understand why we are willing to sell to Pet Specialty for less $'s than we sell to our Vets?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL. A generic frontline now availabe at Walmart and CostCo. You people are all so clueless. Bayer is a chemical company, not a pharma company. If you think the folks in Germany didn't see this coming, you're crazy. If you didn't see this coming you're short sighted.

Considering how high your profit margins on Advantage/Advantix are (which I assume are the same for Merial) and that DVMs then marked it up 300%, OTC was inevitable. Wake up people, prior to Advantage people paid a few bucks for flea collars and sprays. How long did you expect them to tolerate your high prices and rediculous efforts to split hairs with obscure data to increase demand?

Perhaps if you had lowered prices before for DVMs and fought the volume battle in the clinic rather than in PetSmart, your products may have had a future.

PetArmor is the generic equivalent of the #1 flea/tick product for half the price sold in the world's largest retailer. Do you really think brand loyalty will save you in the face of a 50% cheaper product at an extremely convenient location?

The pipelines are dry. The DVMs soured. I'd find something else to sell if I were you.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am almost afraid to post, but, I am an office manager for a veterinary practice. I found this forum three years ago and have followed many threads with interest. (the forum comes up fairly high in many google searches, so I am certain that I am not then only non-rep lurking) However back to the question at hand about Bayer having differing price schedules for vets vrs. other pet supply outlets...absolutely true. Due to one of our veterinarian's affiliation with the local animal shelter (shelters, npo's also get advantageous pricing), the lay side rep accidentally called on the office with price list and program details in hand, then left them. When I tried to place an order I was told that vets can't get the advantageous pricing and programs. We now use as little of Bayer products as possible, which kills me, because we like them. We have always known that a markup of 30 - 35% was about what works in the long run. Overcharging will eventually get around the clientel and "bite you in the butt". At our practice we like to "shear the sheep" over and over rather than cut the sheep's throat once. (or treat your clients as partners in your business not adversaries)

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is fact. Look At Petcos online prices for starters or ask your Bayer rep to tell the truth

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can hardly wait until our next regional meeting

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not sure what to make of this thread. It sure has some great points but does anyone really think we would sell to the Pet Specialty market at better prices than we sell to the Vets? Should we be upfront with Vets and tell them this is so? If we do that why do we tell them this is our new policy? I just noticed that Fiprogaurd is Petsmarts featured new product. So much for ours being the one they push. Maybe we will reduce the price even further to them to incentivise them to make ours more attractive to customers?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we do not care about vets. they do not care about us. move on.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lie to the Vets and tell them that we sell through Pet Specialty at exactly the same price for the same volumes. Follow our leaders we will all be fine.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The best thread on CF ever!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does our leadership have any integrity? I feel like we are being told to throw stones from a glass house. The bulls and the bears get theirs and the pigs get nothing!