a new era

Discussion in 'Bayer Animal Health' started by Anonymous, Mar 31, 2011 at 12:53 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one from Bayer seems to get it, veterinarians are what made Advantage Successful, i.e. paying your salaries, now its everywhere, over time it will be missused more and more and be another Hartz, the top execs at Bayer made a quick profit but in the long run will cause all the Bayer reps to lose their jobs. I refuse to carry any Bayer product and know Webster will not sell bayer. Bayer will NEVER make another penny off of me, its no ones fault but their own. If Bayer wanted Advantage OTC let it be diverted through the Vets they deserve a little profit. What happen to looking out for your true customers.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It has come to my attention that Vetsource has just signed a deal to provide the pharmacy filling for WagRx/Amazon.com

How do I get manufacturer contracts to buy direct and 10-20% under vet list costs and then turn around to sell to Amazon.com and it's owned entities?

Good job Bayer

The dynamics of Bayer

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And the dynamics continue.......
    It has come to my attention that Vetsource has just signed a deal to provide the pharmacy filling for WagRx/Amazon.com

How do I get manufacturer contracts to buy direct and 10-20% under vet list costs and then turn around to sell to Amazon.com and it's owned entities?

Good job Bayer

Did we expect anything less?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Were all of the people we laid off this week from the vet side or the pet specialty side?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This mornings meeting should answer a lot of questions. I can't wait to see the spin we get on the direction we are now going.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Peter, didn't we tell you this was going to happen? Ken A the clock is ticking.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did KSW survive the plunder? What about GL?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard that Dan P and Ken A are next to go. They should apply at Hartz!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Q1 2012 is really starting to show us what we have done to our Vet channel and brand. I never expected it to be this bad for us. Good thing we still have jobs though.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

horrible start. even with all the changes we still are losing vet accounts faster than novartis.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are we supposed to be telling our Vet accounts right now? I feel like we are just out here not even doing damage control rather just hoping something will change the climate.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What damage control can you do? Bayer sold us out. I use a bit of Profender and Drontal in my hospital, no other Bayer products. I've asked the Bayer rep not to return. To me, Bayer = Hartz. We are successfully weaning all our clients to Revolution (cats) and Comfortis/Trifexis (dogs).

Not saying I wouldn't do the same in Bayer's situation, they obviously decided they'd make more money taking the entire product line OTC than staying with the veterinary market. Time will tell if it was a wise move or if they Netflixed themselves.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love this thread. When rereading from the beginning it sure says alot about where and why we are where we are today

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. Pretty cool that we can see how our Legacy came to be over the past 12 months. The first post was almost axactly one year ago. I wonder what the next "era" will bring?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This person must have a crystal ball. Nice call!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this is one of the best threads EVER on cafe pharma.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks. A little followup, 1/1/2012-7/31/2012 our inhouse sales of flea products breaks down as follows:

55% Comfortis/Trifexis
    45% Frontline Plus

I'm surprised at how quickly Comfortis/Trifexis has become our #1 flea product. We will continue to stick with FDA products as our mainstay, will carry a little of the EPA products for client convenience at a below Petmeds prices.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting. But not really. Multi is soooo incredibly down at our clinic this year that we have decided to stop stocking it altogether. And if we want to match the pet retailers price on Advantage and K9 we literally only will make 1-3$ per card sold. Does not make sense cash flow wise to stock anymore

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We too are shocked at how easy it was to stop carrying ANY of the Advantage family of products. We are slowly scaling back on Frontline as well. We to will be focusing on FDA products and definitely will not be supporting any brand that has an direct otc presence. The killer for Bayer and Vets is that Bayer sells its products to otc channels at a better price than to us Vets!!
    BTW, this thread has kept me occupied reading for the past 30 mins....

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

now we are discontinuing Rescue just like we dropped the dog food line a few years back? Why do we even pretend to be a friend to the Vet business? Dan P, you should really answer this one.