New Managment Structure

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Nov 11, 2012 at 10:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can it be true?? That DMs are going to be a thing of the past? There will be admin manager to handle admin things but no more field rides, conf calls, etc? I heard this about the pilot program and it was overwhelmingly postive and productivity went through the roof. Please be True....After all We are all adults that can make decisions on our own are we not??

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We could only be so lucky! For those that are left anyways...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The new management structure is the same as the old...namely.. Miles craps on gonzowho then craps on you and you then crap on ...well never mind

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From a reliable source..... DM's will be a thing of the past.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This would be a dream come true. The managers are pointless. I see mine once a year for a car inspection that Jiffy Lube could do. My territory is at the top which means so is he. He does absolutely nothing and makes a killing pushing us to have accounts call in orders early. It just keeps us robbing Peter to pay Paul. So stupid and it screws the reps up for the next month or year just so he can look good or win some trip. I wouldn't mind if he actually helped us out with wisdom, returned our calls or answered our questions.

Just a dream...but a good one.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, DMs are going the way of the Dinosaur hopefully just as quick and painful....hooray hooray, no more Field Rides, Spread sheets, etc...Reliable source says so...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This should have been completed 20 years ago. You do not need to pay some self-important person in fancy shoes with an arts degree 150k to ride around in the car a couple times a week and act cool.

They are needed for about 3 months with a brand new hire right out of college.

I have never seen a group of average people think they are so great. In reality, they would be lucky to work as customer service rep in most industries. Watch Merck and the other big pharma sheep get in-line on this one.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true. It is coming. There will be about 40-50 reps per administrative area manager. This person will be responsible for approving expense reports, sending out emails with deadlines, etc due dates, etc tracking completiion on PPD modules, etc. There will no longer be a DM that rides with you, and all the other stuff that gets in the way of having a productive day. Performance will once again be tied to quota attainment and no longer tied to "Core Competencies". You and your team will have a business and you will be able to run it like a business. look for more meetings though i hear once a month local/regional meetings but they wont be like the meetings we have now. You will meet with admin manager, and marketing and profit teams. This is coming folks. DMS are scared stiff on this because they are not being considered for any positions. Abbvie owes them nothing either! DMs are the most expensive and lowest ROI in the entire organization.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not totally convinced that this specific model is coming. I am convinced though that DMs are in deep shit when Abbvie hits. There is no way this new "lean" company will tolerate a reporting structure of mangmt that is so heavy. This will also be affected by the sheer number of rep layoffs, further reducing the number of bosses required.
    The biggest shocker will be the impact all the way up the mgmt reporting chain. RMs, SDs, as well as DMs are really on a very slippery slope. Many of them will be gettiing the boot along with lowly reps. Would bet my job on it. LOL!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you all only talking about Abbvie or will Abbott be included. I am on Athens Abbott side and would love to see middle management go! Worthless position. Most reps suck at paperwork so to have an admin person to send out deadlines and other info would be great.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DM's will be protected. Count on it. Don't hate us, we are just going to take your job. It's a matter of common business practice.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That would be wonderful, but I doubt it. They apparently like having jerks in DM positions

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The new company already knows "business as usual" doesn't work in the new reality. My advice to DMs? Start using the self-service lanes at the supermarket to familiarize yourself with the only other job you're qualified for.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I really hope they can the jolly green euro trash axeman in the tight brown polyester pants. He seems to want to boink everyone and get paid for it too. I think he is overstepping, but then he is a giant so it cannot really be helped.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kindly go fuck yourself. If you truly believe that, I've got some property in Jersey to sell you. Managers are totally screwed when the new company is established. This current reporting structure is ridiculous and negligent. Certainly is not lean and mean. Managers are nonproducers and are not needed. Seated reps are established in their territories so they have a better chance at surviving the Abbvie debacle. Alot of reps will be let go that is certain, but almost ALL managers will be eliminated. And so it shall roll out. Nice to see shit roll UPHILL for a change.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not very nice but 100% true.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gotta love the "shit flowing UPHILL" reference. That sums it up.

50% reduction in reps and 99% reduction in managers.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wuv Abbott! Just sayin....

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wuv my DM. I hope he is safe cause he is very nice to me and lets me play golf with him on ride alongs. What a sweet heart!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Me and my DM go to tata bars during our ridealongs. What a pal she is!!