A WEEK AFTER THANKSGIVING!!

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Nov 13, 2010 at 9:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Give thanks if you are safe. You will potentially have conf calls on Monday after thanksgiving to go over changes in the sales force. You will find out during your stay home "calls" by the end of the week for your new assignment and potential new manager. Selling in the field the following week, conf calls with your new teams and home study for overlapping products to follow. This allows time for "displaced" reps to back fill open positions and have everyone trained on new products and in place by national meetings. By this time your year end rating will already be completed in the system by your previous manager for the "new" manager to sign off on.

Can be 30-40% reductions across the board in each OU. Hardest hit can be re, cvm and Gen meds managers.

There will be larger territories and portfolio selling. Criteria has already been set and determined. Last years ratings, geography, tenure and awards all have a role to play. Chronic care teams report to 1 portfolio manager. Neuro/psych combined and will overlap on products as well.

God bless us all!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like you are confident that this is accurate... What or who's your source?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you saying REE will be hit harder than CV? Not sure how that can be but anything is poosible. Just hope they get some of these managers out?
    How many reps do u think each manager will have?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like a plan to me. How much sense does it make for Novartis to transport 6,000 people to either Vegas or NOLA for an entire week? What takes an entire week? But then, when has Novartis done anything lately that makes sense? Who knows!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, this sounds about right. The time frame is what everyone has been speculating. Two more weeks till we find out I guess.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's still unclear as to how it will look but managers will def be responsible for cv and re products. They may stay with two territories and have all the cv and re reps in those areas. It looks like managers will be moved and/or offered rep positions in vacant territories. This has been done before in other companies and will most likely happen here. Be prepared there will be alot of shake ups

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This has never happened before(managers taking open territories) and I tend to doubt it will start now.
    Novartis wouldn't save much money paying managers their same salary as a rep....Won't happen!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're close. REE and CV will be evaluated jointly. We're grouping the pod as a whole and cherry picking who we want to keep. There will be cases of CV reps being let go and REE reps taking the vacant CV spot and vise versa. Time frame still not set. Still might get pushed back to the week of Dec 6th thru 10th. "God bless us all"? Really?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't know if this is definitely the case. Heard it will be a bloodbath. My thoughts are they are going to want Reclast reps who are experienced because this is a drug that has a bigger learning curve and the company cant afford to lose any time especially with Prolia out there.
    Also lots of relationships with Drs and LTC on EXP which are very important.
    You never know what they will do.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we are all hearing bloodbath! But does anyone know when? They should tell us something.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any additional news on Neuro/Psych??

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

prob less managers, overlapping products with neuro and larger territories

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have not been around very long have you? This has happened several times in my area over the last 15 years. Managers can interview for any open spot. It is up to the hiring manager to decide if the ex-manager would be a good fit as a rep. It is a tough sell but I have seen it happen.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have seen it happen once or twice but never during a reduction
    May happen in certain areas more than others

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

displaced FLMs will be offered rep positions, displaced MDs FLM positions. They get a downgraded salary to match the degradation of a demotion in role. This HAS happened before at Novartis, in the field and in HQ. Sad thing is most associates accept the downgrade rather than taking severance because they know how awful prospects are for a jobless person with pharma experience

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will when you need to know, which is soon enough

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My source is your mamma - she gets loose lips when my shaft is up her pooper!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Won't happen its a given. The managers will be gone. Cheaper for Novartis since they will not downgrade the salary

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will Oncology and Hematology be involved?? We are very important, if it wern't for me, my doctor's staff would go hungry!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get ready!!!