Solstas Phlebotomy Illegal Activity

Discussion in 'Solstas Lab Partners' started by Anonymous, May 11, 2012 at 1:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did a lunch in a Solstas account this week. As I waited to get started, I watched the Solstas phlebotomist bring back a patient, take their vitals and put them in a room for their office visit. She had her name tag turned backward. It appeared to be part of thier routine. No phlebotomy was performed at this time.

Here's my delimma: this is clearly illegal. I don't know how to report it without raising a red flag to who turned it in. At the same time - my lab wouldn't allow this which means the office would see us as performing less of service if they change to us.

Ive considered reporting it to my companys compliance, solstas compliance or to the state. What should I do?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Either tell your compliance department or call theirs. There's no way your gonna get their business as long as they have that "service".

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As with any lab, this practice is neither encouraged nor condoned. Despite signing agreements to the contrary, clients put pressure on the Phleb to do "extra" things. Good advice to call your legal or compliance group. They will call Solstas.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear God, please don't let this be happening in one of the accounts I take care of! Would someone please tell me what area this account is in?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tennessee

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No surprise there given all the other illegal things they are doing to get and hang onto business.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, no surprise at all that the illegal activity is happening in Tennessee...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Suggesting the rich getting richer??

What's the technique being used? Gifts, cash...

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Happens all the time in Northern Va as well. They will either be Labcorp or Quest soon anyways and they will not put up with that.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Call the state. Solstas doesn't even HAVE a compliance officer because BS quit and they didn't replace her.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They do have a compliance officer. Actually 3. They didn't replace BS because she never did a thing. Never there. Never returns calls....

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have seen IOP's from every lab doing things they should not be doing. It is very hard to police. IOP's should be banned from being placed in offices anyway.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who are the 3?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same thing happened to me. Took an office from Solstas and the Phlebotomist was part of the deal. Turns out Solstas was allowing her to do whatever. They were turning a blind eye to it. She made up her own orders and got her wn coding out of the chart, took pt. weight and BP and entered into the EMR, helped with billing, and more.

Now doc thinks we're offering less service. Frustrating!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

blowjobs

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is a lot of illegal stuff going on in Northern Virginia because of supervisors that sit on their ass and don't even go to their accounts they sit at home and collect their check every week.. I hear Solstas is being sold and it's almost bankrupt. I've heard this twice in last two days from different clients and their employees.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I also know in northern va they several employees getting ready to sue them because they are not paying travel time to employees. Phlebs are traveling past their main locations and not being paid which is against federal law..

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really??? Solstas employees do not know this yet clients and their employees do? I'm calling BS on this. At best a competitor's rep is in there spreading lies.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Client said that Solstas supervisor told her that if Solstas wasn't sold within 90 days then they were going to be bankrupt. This just happened today.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I get a kick out of people who cannot compete and win. It is amazing how good they are at spreading lies, but can't sell. Could be a reason why they do not have a job.