Brilinta

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Apr 9, 2012 at 7:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a Publicis Rep-representing AZ, and I received a phone call from AZ to interview as a direct rep for Brilinta. It pays really well and sounds like a great opportunity from moving from contract, but I thought AZ was downsizing and going mostly contract? Anyone have any honest insights about Brilinta and why they would be hiring more Reps? With Plavix going generic, is AZ worried they will lose market share or will this potentially drive more business for AZ? Insightful and mature feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds contrary to what we've heard. Unless you have prior experience selling an OAP you will not be hired.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I sell Crestor now for AZ and they want someone who currently calls on the same hospitals, so it doesn't sound like it is a shot in the dark. Thanks for the feedback, but my original question was about Brilinta, not your opinion if I am qualified or not.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can be confident in saying that they won't lose very much market share at all when Plavix goes generic. ;)

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not with AZ yet, but also been interviewed for Brilinta. Of course, they have an uphill battle on their hands between Plavix going generic and Effient being first to market as the more powerful ADPi. This is going to be very complex sell with a lot of pull through required. Unless you really, really know and have worked in the OAP market, I would not even attempt to go after ICs, connect them to hospitalists and discharge orders and then drill down to the PCP level. Of course, if you are in a really wealthy area, perhaps you have a better chance. Either way, I am interested. I think the dog is going to be Crestor which is losing MS like crazy now that Lipitor is generic along with a number of other statin choices. So, Brilinta reps: How's it going? Anyone making plan?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't believe this post, primarily because they wouldn't contact someone already on an AZ contract. However, many of the Ocean reps are very experienced in the cardiovascular arena... My counterpart previously sold Plavix for BMS, although she was not specialty and did not call on hospitals. So if AZ plans to start marketing Brilinta to primary care, who knows what the plans will be.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, are you making plan?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, please believe it, I'm not posting this for my health. Just today, I had an AstraZeneca recruiter-EMPLOYED BY ASTRAZENECA, and NOT an outside recruiter call me about Brilinta. (He also sent me an e-mail and job Req # if you want to know all my business). My initial response was to question why they would be contacting me if I am on an AZ contract. They told me the hiring manager approved to have me move forward with this interview process. Primarily because I already have access to key accounts they are targeting and their previous AZ Reps failed at attempting! This would be Hosp-specialty and selling to cardiologist so not PC.

I should not have to explain myself, believe it or not. AZ called me, get over it and move on. Now, I would like to have an intelligent conversation about Brilinta if that is possible. I guess not.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for your feedback.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Come on, I really need to know tonight from someone selling Brilinta how many of you are making plan?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the insights. It doesn't matter what drug I pick, they all have their pros and cons right now, it is the nature of the pharma business these days. It would be nice to move away from contract and it pays well. But if Brilinta will be an impossible sell-I don't want to face being fired.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No response, my guess-probably not, that is why they are calling their contract reps like me.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It IS possible to have an intellugent conversation. Just NOT with you. First: Coming on here to ask a serious question shows you are STUPID. Second, HR monitors this board daily and will be able to figure out that whom you are and stop the interview process (if there ever was one) since you have violated AZ (and contract employees) code of ethics by posting on here. Third, your attitude will get you NO where with any current Hospital/CVAS team or DSM team. Your done, skippy.

So as for your original request selling Brilinta should have been a fun deal. But the pricing killed this drug on arrival. Pricing, ASP, Dosing.... just to much to overcome. But the pricing was the final nail in the coffin. Realize that there was a price INCREASE for Brilinta in January. Yes, an INCREASE. Brand team has no balls to just make it cost friendly.

SO there. no, go back to Crestor in the hospitals, as a contract team. right....

lol

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ROFLMAO.

Making plan for Brilinta....

LOL
    LOL
    LOL

When there was no plan, just effort, we all made plan for Brilinta. Now with quota, 95% OR MORE NOT making goals.

It is just to costly for the patient. Doctors are using Brilinta due to samples placing needy patients on Brilinta as long as there are samples. If the patient has to pay for it, NOT BRILINTA.

FREE SAMPLES = PATIENT ON BRILINTA
    PATIENT HAS TO PAY = PLAVIX

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do not sell Brilinta but it is well recognized that the first six months to a year are critical to ramp up a new product. Brilinta is hardly gaining sufficient traction and the gold standard, Plavix, will be going generic in May. Although many think you only have one chance to launch, if sales remain slow, you could see a re-launch in the hopes that a different direction or emphasis will improve results. Zithromax and Levoquin changed strategies and had successful relaunches, but the realization that change is needed has to come quickly and AZ tends to dig in its heels. As Einstein said, "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." So throwing more bodies at an already flailing launch might not be much of a fix.

Raising prices during a product launch is certainly an interesting strategy to say the least.

From appearances the club currently appears to be the sales tool of choice.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only thing I find STUPID and CONTRADICTING is your message. FIRST, you would rather have a message board where everyone like your pathetic self can insult and be hateful-but not ask a serious question? I guess everyone on here is just STUPID to you. GROW UP. SECOND, how am I violating any AZ rules? REMEMBER, AZ CALLED ME- Um yea, hard to believe a contract person got called by AZ. GET OVER IT. Third, my attitude? Really? Because I asked for someone to give me an intelligent response and NOT an immature response like yours? HYPOCRITE.

Your second paragraph would have been sufficient enough, but because you're such a miserable person you have to hide behind your computer and post something nasty to anyone who asks a fair question. Also, If you knew anything about CRESTOR, the number problem with selling that it is EXPENSIVE.

Next time you are insulting and rude to people. (Which I'm sure won't take long). Take a loooong look in the mirror. YOU GOT ISSUES.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am on an AZ contract and I also got called about brilinta. I think it must be a conspiracy-we're taking your az jobs!! uhoooooooooooohhhh!! hahaha

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

quotas/plans are really fuzzy....the indication covers a small part of the market. I have not received a formal quota yet for Q2. The plan is part numbers and part behaviors...making it easy for them to with hold your bonus $$$$ on a whim.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good to know, thanks.