Are these guys any good?

Discussion in 'Campbell Alliance' started by Anonymous, Jul 23, 2009 at 10:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My company just hired Campbell Alliance. Has anyone out there had experience with CA? Do they add value with their deliverables? Can anyone share a success that they have had with CA? I must say, so far not impressed with their “consultants”. Seems like that those that can’t, consult.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Worked with them on a project. Was surprised they didn't fill in the blanks or let us know when we missed something, especially because they had consulted on this type of work before. Outside of that, it was positive.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

pre-launch strategists not implementors

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Campbell Alliance's top people know their practice areas well. The field-level consultants are uneven--some with good people skills, others with analytical ability, some with both. The emphasis is on giving a slick well-edited presentation more than on understanding the client's real needs.

Campbell Alliance's sales consultants are well-regarded in the industry. When I worked for Campbell in a different practice area, I was directed to falsify the results of survey research--add to the number of interviews supposedly conducted, with data based on the 15 or 20 actually conducted. In one case, I was directed to "interview" another Campbell consultant who had some experience in the field as if he were a pharma exec. I left the firm a few months after that.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am currently working at CA and would like to add my 10 cents.
    I have never been directed to falsify data and would not have done if I had been. There are a number of reasons why people leave consulting companies and Campbell is no exception - long hours, uneven experience with management, move to a better position in the industry. These reasons result in high turnover in boutique consultancies and, as a result, some people have less experience than others (uneven experience).

Arguably this is a flaw of many firms and my experience of working with and in other firms tells me that CA manages to handle this better than many others. People I work with personally do care a lot about quality of their work and do their best to serve clients.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I beg to differ. Campbell sucks

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't you just love people who hide behind anonymous message boards?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Expensive and average.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now acquired there are a commodity business. Still expensive and high turnover. Those who started our engagement did not finish it. Ugh!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No!!! The last project, my boss was up all night repairing their mess.