Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah right, the next thing this person posts will state not to put your college degree on your resume because the companies will think you were to stupid to pay thousands of $ to go to college. Medical employers always value education and training in the industry.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a former rep with Arrow/Teleflex you are full of sh*t. Reps make chump change top rep might make $140K avg rep is making $70-90K. The PICC is eroding your CVC business upgrades don't make you any money because they just cover the declining usage. Then there is the $2 Million in back orders. Tough to make make $ with no products to sell. Reps are leaving in droves. I will give Arrow credit for being a great place to break in but that is it. Reps last two years then bolt for more money.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for Medtronic and we are hiring in many territories. If you work at Arrow I would certainly apply with us because your medical sales experience and training you would be a good fit.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What division do you work in? I want to utilize my RMSR Certification to interview with GE Healthcare.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have found in my medical sales job pursuit that knowledge is power, and Certifications are powerful! To break into a medical sales career today requires industry recognized certification, as well as some sales experience.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would recommend the RMSR to anyone!!! I got what i wanted out of it......a job.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could someone please tell me how it helps and what to do. I received the certification and have gotton zero interest. I have over 10+ years B2B sales in banking even working with doctors with financial services. It seems to be a waste.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do have a solid sales background and have been told that medical sales would be a good industry for me. I have been advised to get some medical sales training, should I take the RMSR or the AIMS program. Thanks.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Both are a waste of money. If you have had success with either please post your contact info and lets get real. I personally believe AIMS or NAMSR employees are trolling the board making false anonymous statements.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been in the medical device industry over 25 years. It is interesting reading all these comments about certifications and value to the hiring company. Now we have hospital certifications (Re: RepTrax, Vendormate, etc;) that are required to EVEN set foot in a medical facility. My!!! Have times changed. Let's hear from some of the geezers out there that have been in the industry 15 plus years. Is all of this necessary???

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As an old timer in medical sales (22 years) we all know that technology is the focus of our business and that is what drives sales. As a medical rep you spend all of your time with physicians educating and demonstrating devices and how they can make $ utilizing these new products and equipment. To be successful in medical sales you need a combination of sales ability and industry knowlege to not only be successful but to qualify for interviews in the industry. For a person to think that have a chance of being successful without medical knowlege is crazy. I have never taken either the AIMS or RMSR but if they educate applicants on medical devices and selling techniques used in hospitals then they are great and valuable programs not only to our industry but to applicants.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with the above posting. The industry applauds the RMSR Certification and the National Association of Medical Sales Representatives. The RMSR Certification helps applicants get into medical sales.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is NAMSR/RMSR and AIMS accredited through? What is the name of the formal organization that reviews their curriculum and testing?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Accredited programs like the RMSR and AIMS will be accredied through the ACE (American Council of Education) and all CME (Continuing Medical Education) is also accredited through the AMA.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Took this course a few months ago. I wanted to allow some time to pass before posting my thoughts about NAMSR/RMSR.

RMSR Certification: I am a current pharma rep (2 years exp.) with no B2B experience, no device experience, and no clinical experience. After briefly reviewing the course materials, I decided to just take the quizzes and the final examination. I passed everything without the benefit of any material that they provided. If you have been in the healthcare industry and know medical terminology, healthcare compliance regulations, and HIPAA, you will learn nothing new from this course.

NAMSR Site: One of the perks of NAMSR membership is access to their site and its employment center. The employment center has many great tips on resume building, cover letters, applying, and interviewing. No new information, but it was nice to have these tips as a condensed reference in one place. There is a recruiter listing that is worthless: No information on the recruiters, such as the companies they work with. I looked them up individually (many do not have active links) and some do not even recruit for medical sales. They also have job postings which consists of mostly old jobs and a search function that apparently does not filter by state (even though you have to select one). The most disappointing thing for me is that I have yet to receive my official certification in the mail, and nobody at NAMSR will return my emails after almost three months.

Value: I am trying to get into OR sales. I have had many phone screens and several FTF interviews. When I follow up, the consistent response is that I need B2B or Med sales experience. Not one interviewer has known what NAMSR was -- and some of the companies are companies mentioned in threads like this one. I strongly suspect that most of the pro-RMSR posts on CP are planted by NAMSR.

Honestly, the reactions I get when I explain this organization and certification make me wonder if I should take this information off of my resume. It's like they question my decision-making ability. I would not suggest this course to anybody with more than one year of sales experience in any arena of healthcare.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think these people are really accredited but they cleverly dodge the question on their website by mentioning the Distance Education and Training Council of which they are not a member. First read NAMSR's accreditation statement here:

http://www.medicalsalescareer.com/accreditation.html

Then go to DETC website to search for this institution - you will find that it is NOT there.

http://www.detc.org/search_schools.php?searchSet=true&category=A&state=VA

Also, couldn't find NAMSR as being a member of ACES (American Council on Education) - http://www.acenet.edu/resources/memberdirectory/index.cfm?tab=N

And according to CME - Continued Medical Education; NAMSR doesn't meet their accreditation criteria:

"The ACCME accredits the following institutions, if they choose to seek accreditation:

* State medical societies,
    * Liaison Committee for Medical Education (LCME)-accredited schools of medicine,
    * National physician membership organizations
    * National medical specialty societies and
    * Other organizations whose programs of CME serve physician learners, 30% or more of whom are from beyond the home or contiguous state(s) of the organization. Organizations whose programs of CME primarily serve physician learners, 70% or more of whom are from the home or contiguous state(s) of the organization, are usually accredited by an ACCME recognized state medical society. Note that a CME provider may not maintain both ACCME accreditation and accreditation by a state medical society at the same time. If a state medical society accredited provider alters its function and successfully achieves ACCME accreditation, that provider must notify the respective state medial society. A similar process follows for ACCME accredited providers that become accredited by a state medical society. "

http://www.accme.org/index.cfm/fa/AccreditationProcess.detail/AccreditationProcess/.cfm/process_id/a7f55ee6-9148-42f6-8bdb-1fcc0000eda6.cfm#Determining_Your_Eligiblity_for_ACCME_Ac

Maybe a NAMSR official can actually tell us specifically who they are accredited through?

Thanks.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thanks to poster #55 and #56. i too wasted my $$$$$ on this sham

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a joke. I, nor anyone in sales that I know of, have ever heard of this organization. Break into med sales the way everyone does-- B2B experience. No way any course is going to help get you that interview. Are you kidding?
    Save your money and spend it on putting together a good resume and buy a good business plan software package. Bus Plan Pro is great, and if you are going for a second or third interview and you really want the job, invest the 8 to 10 hours it's going to take to put together the business plan.
    Please think before paying these folks any money. Oh, and as an ex-Stryker rep, I can tell you there is NO affiliation. Please don't try to pull the wool over anyone's eyes.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just found a blog on Indeed.com regarding NAMSR. Many of the testimonials and positive comments have been cut and pasted from posts on different threads on this site (or vice versa). These guys are stealing peoples' money!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been in Medical Sales for 7 years. ANY chance you have to read ANYTHING that has to do with your profession - DO IT! Even though I found most of the info pretty basic and could have passed the test without looking at any of the material, I did learn quite a lot from the Manual. There is not a person out there (including CEOs and Surgeons) that wouldn't pick up a few tidbits. $250 is a small investment into your future. Use NAMSR as a guide to basic medical knowledge and once you accept the position of your choice, you will have a great foundation to build off of.