Thoughts on the Three Stooges

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Dec 6, 2011 at 11:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go ask all your retail pharmacists how much Zostavax they are sitting on from last year and then add the 2012 80% growth on top of that. We shall see if this will be a decent (respectable) year for Zostavax or a descent (downward) year for Zostavax. You stated, "i think 2012 will be a descent year" so maybe you are not too optimistic or you just don't know how to spell.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good catch on the typo....maybe its a subliminal message.

Not sure what's going on in your area, but my pharmacies have doses from last year, but not a ton. Some of the chains ordered a lot, but they're big boys and girls who made that decision and we got credit for those doses last year and that's showing up in my bonus next week. maybe i'm an outlier, but i think these doses will move and if the DTC campaign is effective i just need to get my customers to have the right conversation with patients who are asking about the vaccine.

i alos agree with some of the other posts...it would be easier if we were still in PC and PED - there is plenty of work to go around!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

O.P. here. Not trying to be a hater and that's cool your retail pharmacies are moving doses. However, I have talked others who have some chains that ordered a ton in 2011 and are still sitting on a lot this year. We are being pulled in so many directions right now its hard to focus on retail pharmacies, pc offices and pediatrics. We were aligned just fine before the multi- specialty role but some people wanted to shake things up to look good at our expense. We work harder not smarter and it should be the other way around.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They keep trying out new pilot programs and trying to expand more mgam type positions so that more management from USHH can escape and exploit vaccines even further. USHH is about dead from tablet incompetence virus (TIV) and the virus has spread to vaccines.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the thread needs to stay so history doesn't repeat itself. Oh wait, we have the little rascals now which is just a younger and dumber version of the original three. We are truly doomed.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The MGAM role may be expanded so that more managers can find safe haven if there are more layoffs, so Merck hasn't learned its lesson. What a shame.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The panic is starting. The nation is below plan for Zostavax already and pressure is coming from above to move last years doses that are still sitting in fridges.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Typical Merck. An executive decision is made to oversell the retail pharmacies without any realistic sales input and the field gets blamed. This is comical how bad this current leadership has scewed things up. They are actually moving at a faster pace than the stooges.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No concrete plan to defend Pneumovax 23 or MMRII from competition. Yeah, dragging your heals on a plan to defend against vaccine competition is really going to help the division to meet the goal of 10 billion by 2020. Let me guess, are you going to hire yet another consulting firm to bail you out? Monitor and Partners In Leadership are already making millions off of Merck.

I couldn't make this next part up. The Monitor Group who provides consultation services for Merck also provided services for M. Gaddafi between 2006 and 2008. Google for yourself if you don't believe. Apparently, Monitor specializes in making dictatorships appear to look better than they really are. How sad is that?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Contract and VFC knowledge is at an all time low as well. Backstabbing, brown nosing and b.s. business plans with few customer interactions is the sad norm now.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard leadership under Alina say MVD was asleep at the wheel when they were in charge. Then, we have retarded drunken monkeys driving MVID into a drainage ditch now.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer is going after thought leaders and hospital P&T committees to con them into believing Prevnar 13 is a better adult vaccine than Pneuomvax 23. GSK is revamping it's VPA and putting more boots on the ground to grow their pediatric franchise with their MMR coming out end of this year.

What is Merck doing? Trying to sell us on a new Oz culture, distracting us with meetings where EVERYBODY has to speak up or get a PIP, forcing us to create over written strategy plans and ensuring we stay ludicrously laser focused on one vaccine Zostavax. How is it working out? Culture sucks, reps disenchanted and we are way behind on Zostavax. MVID's plan to win is failing. What a slow agonizing trainwreck this is.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget outsourcing rep positions to inVentive or rely more heavily on wholesalers.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even worse, most of the reps know more about vaccines and contracts than these MGAMs do and they get paid a lot more. Morale is so low here because we are top heavy with idiots in management looking out for themselves .

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The fact that the ignorant rascals may be influencing Todd who knows nothing about vaccines means things are going to get much worse.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If this dtc campaign doesn't help out, heads are going to roll.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As long as they start rolling from up top.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wish. Dr. Gerberding and Todd Nichols are still new and naive with the little rascals also being new and completely stupid. What a mess.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Case in point, the 2012 Zostavax numbers. If they would have listened to the field, maybe retail pharmacies wouldn't still be overstocked. Thanks for killing the alleged adult vaccine potential. You want to move doses, lower the price.