Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Mar 6, 2014 at 12:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This has got to be one of the worst large pharma companys in the industry. I cannot believe the corruption, disception, poor judgement, management, & leadership. The turn-over of good people and a general lack of experienced individuals to support the business is amazing.

The last place to work unless you are desparate and only need a short time gig to get back in the game. Spare your kids, family, or friends from the pain and suffering that all employees endure.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Novartis employees face many moral and ethical challenges. There is that which is “just” or ”right” vs that which Novartis demands or coerces. If you lack integrity, Novartis is the place for you!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Especially, if you want a job in Human Resources. They are a heartless crew, who have sold their souls to a twisted organization.

4. The original founder of Sandoz, Mr. Sandoz and whoever was a founder(s) of Ciba/Geigy must be turning in their Swiss based graves.
    This nastiness of this Co has been exposed as early as 8 years ago by the Whistleblowers of Novartis unite and BPO threads. many did not believe this was the case. Now you can believe it for you experienced it on your own skin.
    The best you can do, is to hit them back. Become someone who is watching them like a hawk, collect the evidence and expose them as soon as you have enough. Repeated exposures and fines and hopefully jail time for the fuckers, may break them down in the end. It just must happen. No way such crimes and injustice can continue for long, let alone ever.
    So stand up for yourselves and hit them hard. You owe them nothing.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because Novartis is run by people who don't know how to run a science-based business. They don't know the scientific method, they don't know how research is done, they don't know what it takes to make a product from research stage, through clinical trials, to production, to market. They are willing to commit three years to a research project, and expect it on the market in 4 years. Heck, it takes two years just to learn the basics about a project and what doesn't work! These guys in charge don't get that. They are vulture capitalists and bean counters. If they had been in charge at Genentech, TPA would never have been developed. If they had been in charge, HCV would have never been discovered at Chiron, nothing would have been developed anywhere. Hiring employees as "contractors" is bad business also...if Novartis isn't willing to commit to employees by hiring full time, how do they expect employees to commit to Novartis. Research and product development REQUIRES experience, knowledge, long term commitments, and very little employee turnover!! This is definitely a problem for Novartis.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Novartis was a large zit on my ass. Finally got it popped.. Now I'm on my way. adios!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Paulo Costa left and Novartis went to hell in a hand basket.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WRONG!! We are coming back at full steam!! "Novartis drug Jakavi seen as blockbuster after positive data"

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yawn

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And they really owe you nothing. As has been said many times - Novartis is a business and employees serve "at will". Whether you were with Novartis a long time or a short time (or are still with Novartis) you should have known that. Bottom line, a business can only survive if it makes money. Novartis has many challenges and it does what it needs to do to stay profitable and you should have realized that you are important as an employee only as long as you, your district, your division, your region or your business unit can contribute to that end. Without viable products did you really expect anything else?

In respect to the title of this thread, Novartis cannot even really be considered "large pharma" any more. It was 5 or 6 years ago when it had major viable products and 4000+ reps to promote them. Now it doesn't and I am surprised that it still has the number of reps and managers that it does. Back in the days of good access, both before and somewhat after the birth of managed health care, my company only had one rep per product in given territories. We each had 5 or 6 products that we promoted. With my company we had physician universes of 250 to 300 doctors per rep. We saw doctors on a 6 week to 8 week cycle. We called on hospital based doctors and clinics. We called on retail pharmacies and wholesalers and we did it all with a nationwide headcount of 150 reps with the company I was with.....and we were happy. Seems to me that it is unrealistic to expect times like that again in this industry. Seems to me that Novartis will cut further. Seems to me that many of you need to find other things to do to regain your sanity and happiness.

Just sayin'

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hate to break it to you, but "Big Pharma" is still the term used by the industry and recruiters to describe Novartis. It's still "big" relative to revenues and employees!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any place you don't or can't leave is a prison, especially at Novartis! Its a death sentence.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one is keeping you at Novartis. Take charge of your life and go out a get a new job, go back to school, or do something productive. Sitting around complaining or not looking for a change isn't going to make anything better. Novartis doesn't care what we do or think so don't let them get the best of you.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By George I think he's got it. lMAO reading posts from posters who state the obvious but think they just figured out the world.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For some of us its called "handcuffed" by the golden parachute! We are financially locked in.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nofartis definitely seems to be out of touch with just how much it and it's current leadership stinks! They are either just plain incompetent or don't care. The problems and poor decision making is hard to miss.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another indicator of incompetent leadership is having lots of cash and strong stock prices and still unable to leverage those financial resources to run a strong company. Novartis sucks and fails despite having the coin that most companies would want.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll give that a big AMEN!!!