Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Discussion in 'Synthes' started by Anonymous, Apr 8, 2008 at 4:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A typical paoli response with HR and lefal written all over it. There's been so much corrupt inventory magic with consultants its laighable on where to start. YOU can start with SC taking inventory themselves and then hospitala discovering they need to place a 10,000 order. Or have the SC take over the inventory with the Sims system. A free ticket to steal and manipulate inventory with the blessing and pressure from the home office to get them in your accounts or your on Gennetts list to be fucked with. Ou could line up SC's around rhe block past and present who would testify in open court om this practice.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

never specified nails but great retort. i would copy your approach to women if you had one.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Predictable reply. Not to mention, very defensive. Would you deny that anytime somebody posts something sensitive, controversial, or maybe even criminal against Synthes and it's salesforce, the immediate retort attacks the OP and deems him or her as a disgruntled Synthes employee. I, to whom the above was directed, am neither. I am, however, an expert in the field and I will state my professional reputation on the facts that I have presented. Wide spread fraud does exist and someday this will be exposed and it will be costly.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vaginal speculums and rectal probes are reused on other patients. What make a drill bit different? No factual evidence that they are significantly dulled by one use.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is the most ignorant post I have ever witnessed !

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, the author of post #24 makes a very good point. The typical defense regarding the large cannulated drill bit controversy is, "would you want your family member to be operated on with a previously used large cannulated drill bit?" You my not know Gen/OB surgery, but these stated surgical instruments are absolutely used thousands of times over. Thank God for the good people in SPD and for the autoclave.

The facts are the facts. Surgical instrumentation is truely communal. This includes orthopedic instrumentation designed to open access to the IM canal. Isn't this the intended purpose of the large cannulated "drill bits" for Synthes TFN and EX Nails? These "drill bits" are actually used in lieu of an awl. These "drill bits" were not designed to drill a threaded nor a gliding hole. They are essentually glorified awls. For the long Synthes IM Nails, these "drill bits" open an access to the canal to allow access for the IM Flexible Reamers. Are the IM Cannulated Flexible Reamers size 6.0 - 18.0 disposible? No, they are not. The Synthes Techniques guides for TFN and EX Nails sums it up by publishing the fact that these large cannulated "drill bits" may be substituted with the use of the cannulated awl contained with the respective Synthes nail system.

True, there is no awl alternative for the 11mm cannulated drill bit for the TFN Helical Blade. But, let me present the fact that this "drill bit" merely creates a 4-5mm indentation into the lateral cortex of the femur. The cutting flutes of the 11mm Helical Blade were designed to allow this blade to advance deep into the femoral head. Any and every expert in the field of surgical instrumentation, including myself, would testify to the fact that this 11mm cannulated drill bit could be used multiple times before it would possibly require sharpening. This is not and all previously stated are not disposible single use items.

The practice of creating the mindset that these instruments are single use and disposible is absolutely fraudulent. Those individuals who knowingly engage, encourage, and condone this business practice should be barred from the industry and possibly proscecuted.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not a physician nor a sales rep. I do package parts at Synthes. I cannot speak to where this "information" about our drill bits being "single use only" originates. I do know two facts concerning these postings. First, the only things we produce that are labeled as "single use only" is external fixation devices (carbon rods, fixation rings, ring-to-rod clamps, etc.) and perhaps some more obscure parts that are obviously single use only, such as resorbables. Second, every drill bit we package is included with an informational insert titled "Drill bits and taps for re-use." I know I'm just a lowly packager and do not possess the omnipotence of someone with a Doctorate degree, but to me the key word in that title is "re-use." If there are sets going out in which the drill bits have been removed from their individual packaging and they are being passed off as "single use only," then yes, this needs to be addressed. Preferably in a mature, responsible manner with our compliance department. Let's grow up people. If you are who you say you are, let's conduct ourselves with some class and professionalism, and stop posting like a bunch of teenagers arguing about Paris Hilton's underwear or lack thereof.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very well said. Thank you!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just go to EBAY there is plenty of Synthes stuff there for sale.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

mr i work there???? the insert reads the drill bit is single use or re-processed.

You want a dull one on you or your Mom? Ever been in a cases where the doc shouts "IS THIS BIT NEW, AND CURSES ETC..."?

New Bits for new cases please, this is petty

Thanks

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay, I'm the individual that works at Synthes in a packaging area. I hate leaving "hanging threads," so I did in fact check the insert. It states "...Hospital policy may require new drill bits/taps on every case. However, if drill bits/taps are reprocessed, it is necessary to carefully inspect the following areas to ensre proper drill bit/tap function:..." it goes on to describe what features should be checked. So there you have it. Hospital policy.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quick question, How did this thread change from allegations that Synthes knowingly and willfully steals products from their customers (a bold-faced lie) to a drill bit practice that virtually every company that sells drill bits uses?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know how or why the message board took this turn. I only got in when it dealt with something I'm familiar with. (even though supposedly I'm a no life loser or something along those lines.) I better not address that person directly anymore because he or she is so obviously superior to me; I should not bother someone who is such a blessing to the entire human race with my petty opinion or interpretation of what an insert says. And God forbid I point out grammatical mistakes. Also, I know it's hard to believe I can even read, but it does say single use only or reprocessed, depending on the HOSPITAL'S policy. And when it says "reprocessed," that does not mean reprocessed by Synthes, it means taken from surgery, cleaned, inspected for damage or dulling, and then re-sterilized... all done at the hospital which purchased it and uses it. Hence the "re-use" in the title. If an individual does not want a previously used drill bit used on themself or a family member, they need to take it up with the doctor performing the surgery, it is out of Synthes' hands at that point. Thank you.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMEN!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice response Rick you midget. Go to California and straighten that savant son of yours up.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like Denton is on the board writing crap again. Where is he anyway? Does he have a job, other than writing for CafePharma?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course this is common practice!!!!

Just ask Steve Murray and Ken Sullivan about the following reps who were caught:
    BW; AJS; DR. These guys took millions and millions of dollars from their accounts and lived the good life. They are all gone now but another whore BE is still doing this as he eats his 5-way chili.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wonder why this is back after over a year of being quiet- someone must have been pretty bored to go looking through year old posts on this board!