Adiana

Discussion in 'Conceptus' started by Anonymous, Feb 23, 2007 at 4:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi, I am an outsider in the industry and was curious on the following... How is the Essure procedure better than Adiana? Clinical data, anecdotal stuff, etc. Also, is it true that the Novasure reps will be selling Adiana?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know the exact details, but supposedly there have been a surprising number of pregnancies in the Adiana Phase III Trial. Essure already has a large following and physicians have been pleased with the results. Cytyc reps (Novasure) will be selling Adiana in the next year or so.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2 pregnancies for Adiana. One of the devices was misplaced.

Doesn't sound particularly high to me.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a few higher than 2.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So this is how these posts start...... two little bitches getting into a clinical pissing match. Go ahead, I 'll sit back and watch.

The only way both of these technologies will really take off is if they go in-office to take advantage of ridiculously high reimbursement, and even that won't be around for long (2-3 years). There was roughly a 12% decrease in last years fee schedule and from what I am hearing, that was just the beginning.

IMO, the only hope for Conceptus is to be aquired by Boston Scientific. Good short term deal. Poor Cytyc reps have to be more concerned with surviving extremely intense management pressures rather than developing their business and establishing relationships, which is unfortunate. This will ultimately make the Adiana launch more difficult than it should be.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm in the process of interviewing with Conceptus. Currently selling devices to OBGYNs. I've heard all good things about the company so far, and I do realize that Adiana is on the horizon.

Is going to work for them a good move?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I were you, I'd steer clear of Conceptus unless you're looking to crack into the medical device industry, make a quick buck & then get out.

Upper management (CEO Mark Sieczkarek, CFO Greg Lichtward, VP of Sales Ric Cote) continue to play financial games to manipulate the stock price & keep investors/Wall Street pacified until they can get this company to finally make a dollar.

ESSURE has been on the market for over three years and they still haven't turned a profit. And that's not to mention the SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) people basically started renting office space from them because Conceptus' books are harder to decipher than Chinese from the Ming Dynasty.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it also depends on who your manager would be...what area of the country are you interviewing??

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So Cal

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Run - Run - Run - Away at all costs. This is not a rep friendly company. It is a plug in and plug out mentality. The company has no substantial long term growth possibilities---it's about the people at the top and them cashing out. It's a tense environment, it is a pressured environment and it is a deceptive environment. Life is too, too short for this. I'm sure Boston Scientific will be their only way out. It's a company with way way too many corporate people micromanaging way way too many non significant things.

Adiana will absolutely demolish them. I would imagine within three months 30% of their base business is gone by the Cytyc rep just switching cases in the or--their hyper growth will become stalled and the nasty environment which currently exists will intensify.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obviously the above is from someone who couldn't get it done at Conceptus. Adiana doesn't even have FDA approval nor will they have the data or success to fight with Essure. However, Cal is a bad market due to reimbursement, sooo... I do have to laugh that you think Adiana will take over Essure, if it was that amazing with that much clinical support it wouldn't have had such a sketchy background. But hey, I understand the negativity, you just couldn't sell a product in a marketplace with no competition, you're probably a top notch sales rep.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Adiana does have the clinical data and I do believe if truth be told Conceptus has had a pregnancy---but quiet don't tell anyone. Adiana will do just fine because Novasure is by far the market leader in ablation and doctors are going to want to follow the sterilization portion with the Novasure and they can't do that with Essure due to the trailing coils. You are right California is a tough market for Essure and I believe Kaiser is one of Conceptus' largest customers---I also believe if you look at who provided some of the Venture Capital for Adiana is was Kaiser.

Business is about logic and I don't believe stating facts you can't justify are in order. I'm actually an extremely successful national account manager who is extremely familiar with the obgyn market. I'm also aware of many of the games Conceptus has played with various peoples lives within that organization. This would not be the environment I would recommend to anyone unless they are doing it for an extremely short period of time and then get the hell out.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HA HA!!! The current SoCal rep would lie to his own mother to make a buck!!! That's right mon, you should have gotten a Lap Tube.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, that didn't make any sense.

The bigger issue now is that Hologic just bought Cytyc today. That will increase NovaSure/Adiana exposure by 10 fold! This is now truely a giant in women's health. Conceptus will definitely have to come up with something big to even maintain any kind of growth before this steam-roller gets going.

Boston Scientific could help. Only problem is if they what to affiliate themselves with the "pushers" of conceptus.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is pure comedy to read! I'm in Women's Health (don't work for Conceptus or Cytyc) and Adiana is a joke. I will be surprised if Adiana even makes it to market. It's a bad product and you are kidding yourself if you think that Ob's are going to use a bad product just because they want to do Novasure. We're not talking about nausea here, we're talking about pregnancies. If you are getting pregnancies w/ a device that is being used in a very controlled population and in limited settings in the best of hands, this product is NOT for the masses.

Some people on this post are drinking way too much KoolAid from Cytyc.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wait and see............ when this product comes out it will have 30%-40%market share within a year.... I have spoken with several OB's who can't wait for this product to come out (for the office)......Novasure has 70% market share on the ablation side...I would be willing to bet Adiana would be that much different.... If you look at some of the reports on Essure & Pregnancy they have about 30 a year...... In the defense of essure most if not all of these women did not have HSG's (should be done per IFU)........ You also have a product that will be priced lower than essure......so, watch out......... I have spoken with a few Essure reps who are scared of this product and they should be....... Essure is also working on a next generation device that is a little more user Friendly..........

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are absolutely right--Adiana will be a market leader and game over for Conceptus. Conceptus will have way too many reps and the losses will continue to mount because of the overhead. Someone at Conceptus misread or misunderstood the market and their window for achieving hyper growth is over. Boston Scientific won't buy them they have their own issues. When the sale happens it will be a bargain basement buy. The only way for Conceptus to survive is in the office and if they continue to hire pharmaceutical reps that may never happen. I've heard numerous recruiters referring to what Conceptus is doing as "dumbifying" their sales force. Brilliant, brilliant move --- the only option is to be sold because this monster stands no chance of being a stand alone company.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll bet anyone that one year from today, Adiana still won't have their product approved by the FDA and out!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll take that bet! You my friend are a jackass! So Essure reps can continue to support their fictitious Adiana data until early next year, then every med device recruiter across the country will have their desk flooded with Conceptus resumes. The funny thing is Conceptus reps talk about Adiana more than Cytyc reps. By the time the product is brought to market you will have done 1/3 of the marketing efforts. So, on second thought cancel that bet and save your money. You'll need it to bribe docs into your 43 yr contracts you're rolling out. But, hey, GOOD LUCK!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good point........... Essure reps are talking more than cytyc reps are.........but there has been a lot of turnover at cytyc (novasure as of late).........