Reptrax is the worst vendor credentialing

Discussion in 'Medical Equipment/Device Sales - Credentialing' started by Anonymous, Jul 18, 2011 at 4:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We were just switched over to Reptrax when they purchased vendorclear. They have the worst service out of all the credentialing services. it takes 4 business days to upload a document or you can pay 50 dollars to have it uploaded in 2. The other services would usually have it done in 24hours and if they didn't you could call and they would get it done over the phone. I can't even get anyone at RepTrax to answer the phone. They answer the hospital line right away but don't answer the rep line. They have some stupid repscore system. Have any reps had any success convincing an account to switch to a different service? All the reps who work at this hospital system are having issues they don't have with vcsdatabase.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They all are a racket. If we were paid by the hospital for our service would be one thing. I'm sure they choose their credentialing provider thru some kickback. Some did supply apps so you could check-out from your phone. I couldn't believe they helped the reps out.

I have always wondered if the creditentialing employees check in when are in the hospital.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is pure shit.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All of the costs associated with reptrax (and the others) is usually reflected in that Hospitals first invoice. F 'em... I make my money back.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This Company is such a scam. unbelievable that get away with this. You can submit any document you want to them,here is no verification and the hospitals buy into it. CRAP!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They suck! we as reps need to band together and put an end to this bullshit! If a facility takes medicare/medicaid it is my understanding that they cannot refuse a rep who is bringing in a set or a consult for that case. their scoring system is ridiculous...like we are all in pre school or something.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very simple answer. Reps who can't get business will do anything to get into an account. That means the top companies who don't comply will be out because the inferior companies will comply. Sorry, it's their rules and the hospitals follow and enforce. Do you really think the top reps will band together risking their business?? Not a chance.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reptrax is just a greedy money maker. I get hospitals wanting reps to sign HIPPA documentation and having immunizations for the protection of the patient, but Reptrax takes it to a whole new level! They want money to "expedite" the information you provide or it takes 4 days, which is bullshit as it takes longer than that, then they are having hospitals sign a contract that has additional items "the hospital requested" which come to find out the hospital did not require and reptrax is trying to charge reps a fee for this special training they need to do business with the hospital. Most of the documentation which Status Blue had on their system met the requirements of the hospitals and yet cannot be transferred to reptrax and they own it! What a fucking joke Reptrax is! They make themselves out to be helping healthcare and all they are doing is trying to make it difficult to do business with hospitals and ultimately will affect patient outcome due to reps not being there to assist the surgeons and HCp's. My Docs are just telling the hospital "we will just cancell the case then." The docs are standing up and saying "hey if my rep who needs to help me through a surgical technique isnt able to be there.....I'll take my business to another facility."

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah sure the docs said they will cancel the case. Wait you are probably the joint rep who pays this doc tons of money each year so maybe he did do that for you.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, right! Your opening boxes for the nurses really affects the outcome. the sooner the surgeons you work with realize they can go back to doing things without you hanging around, the better. Try selling something for a change, dork!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have to agree that Reptrax is absolutely horrible. Transferred over from status blue, and I still have yet to have any of my documents approved after 3 weeks. Two denials that were status blue approved documents. Had to have a letter from my HR dept validating all of my training courses. Since I am still not in compliance apparently my account is slated to expire and I will have to start from scratch and I'm sure pay another reg fee. That is, of course, unless I want to buy up to the premier package at only $40 more, then their lazy admins will actually look at my documents.

Here's a simple way to do things: the rep submits their credentials directly to the hospital: proof of background check, training and company business card and id. proof of TB test and flu shot. Then rep pays the hospital directly for 50-100 for a _permanent_ badge. Maybe a yearly tb and flu test/shot. No logging in to kiosks at the opposite end of hospitals or even different buildings ( most reps that I see never even bother btw), easily an extra 20-30 minutes on each visit for me with the hassles of reptrax as it is. I go to these accounts far less frequently because of this mess, and I make an effort to let these clinics know it when they ask why I am around less frequently ( we are on contract with my hospitals for various items and they need our services almost daily btw).

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, you answer to this situation is to pay $50 to $100 to each hospital. Sounds like a grand idea. And by grand, I mean that's about how much more we'd each pay per year if we were lucky, in your scenario. Instead of paying $175 a year to Reptrax that covers hundreds of accounts in my geography, I'd pay each account to track my credentials. Perfect. RepTrax and all of its employees can suck on the end of a 12 gauge for all I'm concerned, but that doesn't mean I want to have to pay more.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Simple question: Is your company picking up the tab for all these credentials or these fees coming out of your pocket(re: independent 1099 contractor)? The independent reps like myself are getting hammered with these fees and in my case cost me over $2,000 out of my pocket per year. Life is good!!!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The easiest and best answer to all of these issues would be for the reps to form a union. Would put a huge damper on the scumbag in Materials from always trying to play us off of each other with pricing, too.
    Personally, I'd join out of spite. When you need to talk with someone in purchasing, they never seem to have time to get back to you. But, heaven forbid you don't drop everything to get back to them if they send you an email.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My company picks up the tab, but it still chaps my ass having to do it.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A lot of credentialing companies infomercials are showing up on YouTube portraying all the vendors as felons and disease carriers. Under each video ,please add your comments appropriately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKI0RRG1KKE&feature=related

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I watched the VCS video and you obviously you must not be one of the "green ones" with the checkmark. I feel sorry for your hospitals. JK Seriously, how do you think vendor credentialing got started? Why do you think hospitals started getting more serious about credentialing vendors and turned to third parties with the technology? Read the newspaper about or "google" rep misoconduct, infection outbreaks, hospital theft, etc... (or just watch the movie Love & Other Drugs)! I agree with the comments above...basically a handful of "third party vendor credentialing companies" or the alternative of 5,000+ hospitals across the country all doing their own thing and charging their own price, hmmmm? Let's all be honest, anything that costs us time and money, we're going to complain about. And if we're still being honest, if you're like me, you just wished you had thought of it first!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In my territory, there are three vendor credentialing companies that I have to be registered with. Yep, you guessed it...VCS, REPtrax, and Vendormate! WTF? I mean in one location I have two hospitals literally right across the street from eachother using different companies (one uses Vendormate and the other VCS). And in another of my areas the two biggest hospitals also use different companies (VCS and Reptrax). Do these people ever talk to eachother? REPtrax is the worst vendor credentialing company, but I thought that when they bought out VendorClear and Status Blue that that was a good thing, otherwise I would probably have to be be registered with four or five instead of three! And right when I though that the "dust had settled," one of my hospitals just switched from Reptrax to VCS! Does anyone know what's up with that?! I will say that I thought that all of these companies were the same, but one is definitely not like the other two! I'm not going to say, because someone will say that I am a f@#$ing troller or something worse (owner of a vendor credentailing company)! But if you are registered with the three that I mentioned, you will definitely know which one that I am talking about. They were the "hardest" to get credentialed at, but they were also the fastest. They were also and continue to be the most helpful with customer service and support. And I'm talking about a live person and not "HELL HOLD!" I also use their training, background check, and government watchlist check to upload to and update the other two companies or present at hospitals that are doing their own thing. The funniest thing is that before I could have presented anything to the other two companies, because I it's not like they were/are checking anyway! Now I know my credentials & training are current and solid.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a hospital going to VCS cause they HATE reptrax too.
    These CUMpanies are leaches on rep, rep employer, and the hospital.
    I have had Vendormate, Reptrax, Status Blue, and Vendor Clear. This will be my first VCS hospital. Hope it isn't a mess to.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Holy Crap...I received an email from RT "informing" me that they were raising their price from $150 to $229! If I'm doing my math right, that's like over a 50% price increase!! OUCH!!!