Anyone work for Zila?

Discussion in 'Dental Reps General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Mar 31, 2008 at 3:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am interviewing with them. Have 3 years of Pharma experience, looking for a change.

What can I expect with regards to salary/commission/vacation/car?

How has the response been to ViziLite? What other products do you sell?

Any info would be extremely helpful...thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zila is struggling right now they have lost 60 of their reps since May 07 (no joke) I'm one of them. If you have any other offers - consider them instead.
    But if you must, here's the scoop.
    $40 k base salary, $400 car allowance, 2% 401k match after 1 yr., 4% commisson (but the thresh hold eats all of that up) so expect to make $40k.

The products are awesome though.. so at least you have that.
    Good Luck!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

40k?? That's ridiculous! I was making more than that in 2001! Do they mostly recruit at high schools? Who the hell would take that job?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really, 40K thats it? My manager told me they previous rep was making around 80K....so I shouldnt believe her? Please help! Im trying to make a decison as to where to work. Thank you!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You never believe what a hiring manager tells you. If she is telling you the truth then she needs to provide some back up, paystubs with names blacked out, commission statements with names blacked out. Most helpful I would ask to speak to other reps to get their take. Ask those reps, for other names of reps since the hiring manager is most likely only going to give you names of friendly reps. Anyone who would accept a sales job in dental with a base salary of only $40K is making a huge mistake. Even if you made decent commission, which you won't at this company, the base needs to be $55-65 to comporable to the industry. If you take the job and after a few months find yourself on the street your resume and prospects of finding another job quickly is greatly diminished. Think hard about this decision. There are a lot of dental jobs that pay more, and in time you will land a better one, don't settle for below undustry pay. Don't settle unless you are desparate for money and they are about to foreclose on your house or something. Otherwise wait. There is a reason why this company doesn't want to pay you what you are worth.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The reason the company doesn't want to pay you is that they only have enough cash flow to continue operations for about 6 months.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company sucks! Run! Run!!!!!
    Ask them if all there reps are on the same bonus structure, 'cause they will tell you not to speak of your commissions or pay with other reps because they are screwing everyone! Shitty company.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for Zila and would not recommend the company. They are going through a hard time. They have no $$ which mean no commissions.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it really that bad? How are the managers? micromanagers or easy to get along with?How is the industry right now?
    Any help greatly appreciated it!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't work for this company!!!!! What everyone wrote is 100% accurate. Company has no money, the training sucks, they raise goals by 20-30% each quarter which is just another way to screw the reps out of money. The VP is an idiot and thinks every chick wants him. Take my advice you'd be better off working for McDonalds, at least there you would have job stability.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

30% increase in goals? who the F*CK does that?
    Are managers complete assholes or what?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What does this mean? that operations will cease on sept?
    Not sure, please help..

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

a former employee spending time on the job board bashing the former company and making personal attacks on people. Wow, you would think the person would move on and enjoy life and their career.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why doesnt anyone like the managers or the VP?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we dont like em because they suck, they think they can do better than us on the field so why dont they go out and get it done.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! Thanks for the profound comments. Did you not get a raise?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wheeww! that is a big accusation! so, since the accusation is so big, you should throw the assholes who are involved under the bus as well...this way, if these assholes involved are no longer w/zila, their potential or new employers may find this here and re-evaluate their candidates ethics and moral...because if you are that sleezy that you are sleeping around w/the executive of the company because you think it might get you somewhere, everyone should know about it!! Because obviously you don't have class anyway...so you wouldn't mind who knows....so, let's hear it!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wheew! those are some big accusations....so, since you are throwing the VP under the bus,(not sure if you are a disgruntled ex employee) but that doesn't matter you should go ahead and throw those involved under the bus too....let's hear what it is that you swear on your life?

Unprofessional sleezy people get what they have coming to them, and if that is a display of their lack of ethics and moral on a public board like this- then let's hear it!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no, no affection..i just think its shitty to talk about people this way on any given web page...its too bad.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

typically people are fired for that kind of shit, because, obviously, it doesnt stay a secret! so, let's hear your names! OR your name...