My version of 15 by 15

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Sep 24, 2011 at 7:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck to you. I hope your future is bright. I admire you for shaking off the negativity

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

15 X 15 Guy,

We need an update! How did you do last week? I pulled off only 21 hours! If it weren't for all of those lunch appointments, it would have been much less. Love this new approach! I can't wait to leave this craphole, but I'm taking this easy money for as long as possible.

On behalf of all of those who have been shafted....FU, Merck!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP back. Last week was great. I love Christmas shopping during the week while everyone is working! Hell I even went to see a movie. I worked about 12 hours total. I check VM early morning, at noon and around 5pm. I make sure to send a few emails early and late each week so everyone thinks I'm working hard. I'm probably one of the last people in the district my CTL would believe is doing the 15x15 when I'm actually the originator of it! I may have to change it up next year to 12 through 12. 12 hours a week through 2012! 12T12.....I like it!

Man I feel a flu or something comin on. My throat is scratchy, sinus pressure and stuff. I think I may need to take the next couple days off sick. Don't be surprised if you don't hear from me for a few days... :) .................Take care everyone, especially my 15x15 brothers & sisters! Oh and I almost forgot, FU Merck!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

awesome posts by OP of 15X15 plan...love to catch up on the latest

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

don't leave us Mr 15 x 15-- keep up over the holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I admire you if you can pull this off...Screw Merck back...I love it...and everyone should try and do it...the whole pharma industry is a scam now anyway...

the only thing I wonder is how you can work so little and keep the manager off of your back..?? I found (when I was still at Merck before getting pushed out at 50) that between loading the car up, making calls and getting sample sigs, getting through traffic, calling the caterer and doing lunches, starbucks, Bagels, Donuts, etc., tons of testing modules, training modules, general admin, emails, voicemails, and general worry about being unemployable should the job end, It was well over 40 hours a week...even when I wanted to screw Merck and have it be less...

How the heck do you only do 15 hours a week and not get caught for dashboard infractions???

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP back. Just returned last night from NYC with my wife. Took her to the city to do some Christmas shopping. We flew out early Thursday morning as I totally blew off work on Thursday and Friday.We had a great time and went to see Wicked at the Gershwin Theatre on Friday night. We stayed in Times Square and had a wonderful time seeing all the Christmas decorations and stuff. It was something that she always wanted to do, so I planned it out and surprised her. Only a few more hours of work for me for the year. I'm gonna button things up in the next couple of days and be done with 2011 but not until after I expense a nice Holiday spread for my family. Embrace 15X15 & enjoy the lifestyle! FU Merck!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be tired. Posting in the middle of night is not good for you. Take some more R&R and catch on the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's :)

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Come back Mr. 15 x 15, we need you!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Love that guy.

FU, Merck.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey guys I'm back! Just took a break from CP during the holidays. I spent the time with my family and chilled. The last few days been working around the house. Actually I can't wait to get back to the 15 X 15 to get away from the "honey do" list and relax a little! Haha! This year is going to be brutal. Singular going generic and PIPs will be wild. If you get pressure, don't get down on yourself, it's not you, it's them. It's their strategy. Lies and fabrication to crank up the pressure will never be higher. Promotions and salary increases will be nil.

I'm gonna branch out and look at starting my own business with the other 25 hours I have extra each week. Don't worry, I will still have time to have Merck pay for nights out and dinners for my wife and I. They will also pay for catering for parties at my home again this year too. I wish everyone the best here except for those "soul less" managers.

If you used to work for Merck and were pressured out, remember, I'm here doing this for you too. Embrace 15 X 15 and enjoy the lifestyle! Hey Merck better order some extra personal lubricant this year, cause if not, what I'm gonna do to you is gonna be uncomfortable. Happy New Year!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You da man or woman!!! Looking forward to your next report!!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There seems to be some confusion of what my 15X15 plan is. Remember MARK Timney stating last year at our 1S Meeting that Merck plans to achieve sales of $15 Billion by 2015? This was in retrospect, such a lie. Why didn't he just be honest and tell us that Merck's real 15X15 plan was to reduce it's employee base by 15,000 by the year 2015. That is what the reality will be.

I have watched my past team members and friends with Merck (who have won numerous awards and respect from their customers and peers) be driven down and forced out with falsified PIPs and lies. After seeing that this is the norm now with management, I have decided to implement my own 15X15 plan. That is to work no more than 15 hours per week until 2015. Obviously working you butt off and having a history of awards and excellence no longer means anything here anymore at Merck.

We are supposed to be a sales organization right? If they really want to reward those driving revenues, then how come I can cite many cases of reps promoted to S3's that had far lower numbers than others? And the icing on the cake is that some of those reps with good numbers are getting huge pressure from management right now that they are no longer cutting the mustard. Reps are "out of touch" with their assignments, "don't understand the customer's goals, wants or needs" and other lies.

I will no longer put in the extra effort any longer. For me it's 15 hours per week, just enough to create the illusion of work to my manager. The rest of the 25 hours per week is for me. Working out, traveling, and working to start a business for myself will be my priority for 2012.

FU Merck!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK- just for this site, let's not say that the over 55 set are the "really older reps". When you get there you will realize that your life is the best ever...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

speak for yourself...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you're outstanding and inspirational. Thank you.

FU Merck

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"We are supposed to be a sales organization right?"

Ah, we WERE a sales organization, clearly no more.

Thats where you went wrong - you ASSUMED we were still a sales organization.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ouch --- corporations are people too........ bummer for us

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Mr. 15x15--- what age group are you in?-- get back to us...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mr. 15 X 15, don't divulge any part of your identity! Just keep on doing what you're doing; it makes us proud!