New Lumigan: What a joke

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by Anonymous, Sep 2, 2010 at 6:30 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

was part of the Lum-X team and there are some truths behind some of the objections voiced above. The reps that have the best relationships and can spin sell will survive this launch. Those who are shaky to begin with will struggle. Lets just hope not all of the clinical trials come to light!!!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you are all missing the big picture here morons.
    Managed care will determine what generic latanoprost a patient gets put on!!

Unless your docs write DAW, and the patient pays cash, all managed care companies are going to remove all Lums and TravZ from formulary. Everything will be generics!!

You can sell with any study, clinical or piece of shit glossy you want.
    When your doc Rx a PG next March, it will be rejected at the pharmacy and a generic will be substituted!!

Wake up already!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

honey child you are so right! this company has been blowing smoke up my black ass for so long!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LMAO..................u guys are too funny and on the money. Be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Generic Xalatan will rule the market - the economy will have everyone asking for generics to save money, and the physicians will accomodate it because in the end, they want to keep their patients happy.

But I'm sure good ole' Brian Hogan will have us telling everyone that the new Lumigan has NO side effects.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

did you guys read the PI? the hyperemia is WORSE than .03. with quadruple the bak? how will we explain to drs why we quadrupled the bak?

and the PI is 1 mm less efficacy than .03 and TZ.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WAIT- I feel a roll play coming out of this question- can't wait to get to the relaunch meeting and practice practice practice every which way to encounter the "smoke screen" the docs will put up. marketing will have to work for once and get out some pretty good responses...but first they will ask the field to send in their best for a $25 gift card....can't wait for this whole thing to blow up in the companies face- this is why someone is paid the big bucks and the multi million stock options to come up with THIS game winning idea!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

a dr asked me today how we could launch this product with Xalatan going generic this winter? he said we never come up with anything innovative since Restasis. I was embarassed.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

a doctor told me today he wouldn't write a brand PG once a generic was out? Is this true?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes- Because the doc becomes a hero to their patients being able to treat and save them money- this will be a huge hill to climb to get any momentum out of it-

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

a dr today told me he heard about the new lumigan. i asked if the rep told him about quadrupling the bak? he said he did and explained that more bak would help break down the cornea to allow the drug to penetrate.

i asked him how often breaking down the cornea is a good thing, he said never.

like shooting fish in a barrel.

hyperemia rates are actually WORSE in new lumigan and 1 mm less efficacious than both TZ and original lumigan.

already have the PI from new lumigan and having a field day.

keep telling drs it has the hyperemia of xalatan and the efficacy of original lumigan.

every once in awhile something like this comes along to make things fun again.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone remember the "Benefits of BAK" sheet that we used to have for Zymar? You've got to love it - we used to bash BAK in Vigamox when we promoted Zymar, and now we're upping the BAK in Lumigan. Hopefully the docs have short memories.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hogan is a bum!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you Alcon idiots, BAK in a QD drug is nothing!!!!!! Better than the sorbic acid in Sofzia!!!!

Lumigan we know besta the crap our of Travatan in Efficacy and now the AE's worst case are equal. Lumigan 0.01% will gain 2 share points rather quickly. Gp spend time selliung your BS tobradex product and your Systane Balance. You guys have no pipeline on top of it. Oh by the way, patanol woill be in touble come next year. Gotta love it, maybe Novartis will have a PCP position for you all in a few years. :) :) :)

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you're going to snap at us "Alcon idiots" - try spell check. Maybe you can have your mom preview your responses for grammer and spelling prior to submitting them.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's a thought - if the genious Indy/MI glaucoma manager stops harrassing and chasing off his MI reps, he might have someone to sell Lumigan X. Of course, he can only repeat what upper management says to him because he has no original thoughts of his own.

Won't be long until you're on the chopping block BJH!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same amount of BAK as Xalatan, never stopped them from writing it!! Maybe you should learn to sell and quit whining.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, you've got me pegged! It's not whinning genious (or is it Hogan?), it's the facts.

If you're a field rep, then I could care less about your opinion. If you're a manager (Hogan), then why don't you get into the field and try some selling. All you managers do is follow upper management's playbook and have no original thoughts of your own. You harrass your reps because you can't sell anymore. I don't feel bad for any of you - you probably thought you were hot s____ when you made manager, and then found out it wasn't very easy. Not you don't know what to do except harrass your reps.

Bite me.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You completely avoided the point. If Lumigan .01% has the same BAK as Xalatan why can't you sell it? Because YOU are a DICKWAD!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

saw another dr today. dr questioned the rep about adding bak, again rep said "we are just trying to break down the cornea little bit".

me and dr had a huge laugh.

according to the PI, same, if not worse side effects as .03, less efficacy, more bak. sounds like a winner.