Baxter Special Lump Sum Pension Payment

Discussion in 'Baxter' started by Anonymous, Sep 19, 2012 at 4:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What kind of person are you to judge others? You have now way of knowing what their stituation is or why they might be in need of their money. Have you ever thought that they might need it for someone who might be sick in their family or some other terrible tragedy? I would think that after last weeks terrible tragedy which left so many suffering we as Americans would come together. SHAME ON YOU!!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are you reading it?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why to do you feel the need to try and disgrace others. The only person you are making look bad is yourself.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My God...I think that statement was the meanest thing I have heard this week. I started to wonder; who would post such an awful sentiment, then I remembered Christ was born in a barn because because the Inn Keeper thought that was all a pregnant teenager deserved....Hopefully some people will prove they deserve to be human by becoming humane. There is a reason for this Season of Hope.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These boards are bitter-sweet:

Respected company employs thousands of people in field and HQ- great benefits, salary and opportunities if you follow rules and perform-you advance. In this economy, look at the people that would stand in line and beg to have an opportunity to feel this type of Baxter pain.

Amazing how some bite the hand that feds or those that could not cut the performance standards. Too bad union job options don't exist for them today. Agreement on hope and holiday season for all. All the best Baxter-thanks for what you do for those of us that understand what a employee/employer partnership is all about. For those that seek something for nothing-we wish you all the best in your quest...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True that many would love to have this "problem" of when is the check coming. Whenever I get it is fine with me. Just an FYI, I worked for Baxter for 19 years in 2 different departments and left on my own free will 19 years ago to raise my child myself for a few years. I could easily go back to Baxter today and was offered the chance back in my old department awhile ago by a friend who still works there. No job I've had since my Baxter days has been as good as those jobs were, but the company also changed in the 90's like all corporations, to where the bottom line became the end all. It changed so much that 2 of my high level bosses that were there for decades left. I remember the days of stock splits, the employees benefitting because the company was doing so well. I have friends from those old days that are still there and doing very well. As for looking forward to the check, I have my reasons. One being my mother just passed away after a long illness and I'll be able to pay off my credit card that I charged her funeral on. So I'd be careful about judging people and their reasons for looking forward to a check the company has said will be arriving by the end of the year. These lump sum payouts are to Baxter's benefit as well as our own. I hope people took advantage of the IIP program Baxter had/has while they worked there. I have that money invested as well. I will never put down Baxter, that company was very good to me and now it's being good to me again 19 years after I've left.
    Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and I wish everyone a healthy and prosperous new year. Baxter just helped a lot of people with the prosperous part

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said! We all have are own reasons why we Took the lump sum! Heck since August when I first received the letter that said the packet would come in early Septemer.......and it had to be in by November 16th.......It was never clear when the payout was but they led you to believe it would be the beginning of December! I am not in need for it for myself at this time and will reinvest 3/4 of it but it gave me the chance to pay for my granddaughters tuition for school for the rest of the year being as her parents just divorced and money is tight for them at this time and I want her to carry on her education, the way it was planned. Hmmmmm I just was hoping it would make a great Christmas present! Still hoping here in Wisconsin!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

u know, i worked at baxters for 23 years and i saw things that made me ashamed of the people who ran that place. you taoi about rules yet the oes who frun the whole place ahv no rules other than lie,cheat, steal and hurt others. yet from what your saying thats ok with you... pretty mch shows what kind of adult you are then doensnt it. the things i saw in my 23 years at baxters werent plweasant i can vouch for that. i could even say when went on each time that the fda came around and u want to tlk about hustly fr9om managemenet oin down to everyone esle u sure saw a change, wich shoudnlt have been necessary if things were going they way they should have been. ill tell u waht tu stupid motjhy MF try working for baxter for 23 years, watch the managers and supervisors run aournd with yur wife. and other peoples wives and destry there familiies and then wach baxter talk about how family oreneted they are. all the time knowing that the uper echelon of people there will lie, cheat and destroy your families just so they can get there ro9cks off, i know from expoeriance how that goes so before u open your piece f shit mouth make sure u know whazt u are taolking about, wich appparently you dont have a clue bother. when u do get a clue and would like to be schoooled in real liife let me know. u might possibey even live through it if your an honeset man. but after seeign what you wrote earlier i doubt u are an honest man, not ever sure u are a man truth be told.. your class is lower than the lowliest bum on the lowliest street. u thought u were a bettter class of people yet so so sadly u showed you were lower than the lowest calls persong in the word, that lifelesss bum who is lonely and has noithnig has more classs in his litle finger than u have in your whole pitiful existence. man that has o feel pretty bad actualll

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Received our check today. Merry Christmas

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I received my check on Xmas Eve!! Horray! Be careful because the check is coming from "State Street". At first I thought it was some junk mail but was very happy when I opened it up.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I also received my check on Christmas Eve. Yes, it does look like junk mail because Baxter is not named anywhere on the envelope. Happy New Year!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Got mine on monday and deposited with local investment company today

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Got mine on Monday & like most of us, rolling it over to something I control!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Am I reading some of these threads correctly that some of you are cashing in your pension lump sum benefit? I clearly see taking the lump sum vs annuity...as I did myself, but am wondering why you would take the cash directly paid to you, rather than depositing it into your IRA account etc.?
    Aren't you exposing yourself to current tax liabilities plus huge penalties?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As long as you roll it over within 60 days, you are fine.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Am I the only one still waiting? Got my confirmation letter long time ago. Maybe they ran out of money (HA HA)

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No you're not alone, I too haven't received my check. I'm in California so maybe it takes longer to get to the West Coast.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it possible that it will be direct deposited? I did send them a form authorizing this and they may be waiting till the very last minute to squeeze out every cent of interest (pretty cheap)? If it doesn't come to whom in the federal government do I complain? They may give an answer like "Well it got lost in the mail" to which I respond cut another one sent Federal Express!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just reread my letter and it says payment to be made BY DECEMBER 31,2012. Its now December 31, 2012!!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So stop posting on this thread and call the 1-800 # tomorrow- Jan 2. Stop being a cry baby and find out what happened to your check....Plain & Simple...!