Mass hiring?

Discussion in 'ConvaTec' started by Anonymous, Jun 8, 2013 at 1:09 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hear convatec is doing a mass hiring this week. Are there that many openings? Seems very "pharma" to have tons of candidates shuffling from room to room doing interviews. What's up with all the openings? They say expansion...is that true or did a lot of people get fired? There seems to be a lot of talk about PIP and people who can't "hack it"

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When the bulk of the people at the top are from pharma, what else can we expect? Call tracking is fast moving the way of pharma, and soon coming to the TM's - scripted messaging. On the bright side, maybe BMS will buy us back.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, BMS won't buy you back--they are NOT stupid business men and women like you're inundated with at THE CON. Former colleagues at THE CON: no worries, the worst is still yet to come...count on it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Con is clearly a company that good people should avoid, especially since it hired that self righteous prick Valentine as president. This guy hates most people, despite the fact that people are the most valuable asset. It's all bad....

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speaking of haters, what's MD been up to lately? Another promotion?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Disagree. Sounds like sour grapes. MV is a hero. The reality is that the new CEO brought in MV, who had the good sense to dismantle the self-serving good ole boys group that had been a serious drag on the US business. Now he's trying to undo the mess that these fools created. MV is A huge improvement.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't disagree with you since MV terminated that buffoon Dale. Good ole boy Dale was AVP during some of the darkest days of Convatec when he allowed his managers to wreck many a career and lose millions of sales dollars along the way. The inept dummy BB was also shit canned which was another excellent cleansing during the reign of KB. But this company is still a colossal mess so I am interviewing to get out. Have a second interview this week with one of our competitiors but doubt my RSM will pick it up on my fictional Orion document. Can't wait to leave the micro-managing behind, too

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was in an interview last week and dude acted like his crap didn't stink. So arrogant and for no reason! Dude you sell gauze and diapers who do you think you are?! And what's with the greasy hair?! The "wet look" went out in the 80's

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Con is not where u want to be. Average new TM tenure with The Con is now less than 12 months. Do u really want to be here??

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm home today as I have two telephone interviews with recruiters--but my Orion report will say Dr. "Smith" at blank time and Dr "Jones" at blank time. The convatec Exodus Express is picking up and I'm elated to be on that train!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I want out of equipment and into device pretty bad, but this place seems like an absolute shitshow and not worth the risk of applying for the chicago opening.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are wise....

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what happened with the Chicago rep?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Left on her own. Was an award winner in 2011.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The award winners usually leave quickly as they are generally a little smarter than the ones that won't or can't leave. Terminations flush out most anyway and more flushing to come to cleanse the TM and RSM ranks--always a newbie out there willing to take less money

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Chicago rep stayed a full year and a half after her award winning year, so it's not like she got her award and ran. While the new regime may move to a "cut the bottom 10% quarterly or yearly" type plan, to this point firings have been fairly rare for the sales force.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fewer firings, yes, because MORE of us are resigning and moving to better jobs--TMs are leaving this awful company in droves.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

EXPANSION?!?!......LMAO!!!! More like an expansion due to contraction!!!!! There have been SOOOOOO many reps running for the doors from this crap-ass company that they are forced to hire in huge numbers! The truth.......reps are leaving in DROVES due to the high level of BS and micro-managing on a daily basis. DAILY mgmt. phone calls, DAILY call reports, DAILY useless phone conferences held by know-nothing new hire mgrs. pretending to have a clue about the business, DAILY hiring of more clueless mgmt. yes-men to run around sucking up to the existing mgmt. idiots!!! NOBODY worth a damn is left at this place....only those afraid to leave or have not found a decent alternate job to leave for are still at ConvaCrap!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wholeheartedly agree!!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When a grosteque like MD can still thrive at convatec you know this company is to be AVOIDED. Guys like him thrive in toxic corporate cultures like this one and until people like him are shown the door, all will continue to deteriorate here. Is the nightmare true that MD was just promoted again??