Exubera Production

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Sep 4, 2007 at 2:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I figure the companies ego will get in its way...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer has even pulled the media adds, why keep producing?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

when did they pull those? just curious...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where did this come from? The ads are appearing all the time.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you worked for Pfizer you'd know that Pfizer believes that by shear force of will they can do anything.

With enough will power you can make Exubera profitable.

With enough will power you can make employees happy.

With enough will power you can make black hole sites profitable.

With enough will power you can make a drug pipe line using only sycophants, politcians and diplomats as your researchers.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aern't you talking about the biggest drug company in the WORLD? Must be doing SOMETHING right!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GSK is the largest drug company in the world and I'm not talking about GSK.

You question and your claim are a moot point as, if a company WAS the biggest drug company in the world and they no longer are... Must be doing something WRONG!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In the words of Herb Kelleher, former CEO of Southwest Airlines:

" Think and act big and we'll get smaller. Think and small and we'll get bigger"

Food for thought.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just to dispell one part of your comment, Terre Haute has its own system for producing powder.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone on this board actually work for Pfizer?

Facts are Facts, Exubera has been a let down in some eyes. Lets move forward. Studies are finally providing conclusive evidence that fears of decreased lung function are unfounded. Clinical trials on children are pending and if allowed, may result in Exubera being a godsend to parent with children who have to endure trying to explain to their 5 year old why they have to be stuck with a needle all the time. The next generation devices will undoubtedly be smaller are more compact (Think Asthma inhalers) than the "Bong" in use with generation 1 and it is probably a safe bet that the dosage issues will become easier due to advances with the device.

Not wanting to tread on company confidentiality, I won't give details but Terre Haute is still expanding. New machinery is still being installed and the rumors of transferring production to Mich. are unfounded. Kalamazoo has always been a part of the process and will likely stay that way. The work at Kalamazoo will continue and I am sure machinery is still needed there to align with production at Terre Haute and yes, Terre Haute has the capability of producing its own powder so it does not rely on one source.

On a different note, doesn't anyone realize that Exubera is a whole lot more than a drug? Its a new technology that will open the floodgates on development of other Pfizer medications that are currently only administered by injection. I believe the success of the process is worth more to the company than the product ever was going to be. I truly believe that the success of Exubera has already been attained in some eyes. Approved commercial use of a system that can take a liquid and safely convert it to be administered in an inhalable form. I once read somewhere that Terre Haute was being labeled by Pfizer as its Inhale production facility for the world. I think Exubera is just a piece in the proverbial puzzle for Terre Haute. The facility already has the square footage available to contain multiple product lines.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a pretty smart mutha! Are you by chance a Walden man? I'm guessing that you are. Walden's gain is U. of Phoenix's loss!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I actually work for Pfizer and I'm not so sure this product will even make it in gen 2. By that time there will be competition on the market or near market (I know of atleast 2 other inhaled insulins in development). There are several issues with the manufacturing process that I will not go into, but lets just say it's not efficient or effective. As for the powder processing, they still have agreements with Nektar to produce a certain % of the powder used. This product will be lackluster at best. If things don't get better in 6 months I see a bleak future for that site and the drug.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Terre Haute is losing money. Exubera is losing money. Is your point that losing money is a Pfizer strategy?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My point is that I agree with the rest of the population that Exubera gen 1 is a dead horse but I am thinking there may be a bigger picture that Pfizer is looking at. Maybe other medications ( and possibly but doubtfully Exubera gen 2 ) may be developed and produced by the Terre Haute plant which may save the site. We can all see plain as day that the sales for Exubera are never going to support the cost of running the site but I still see construction continuing and new machinery being brought in. I still think that the goal of Pfizer was to develop the process, which they are still doing. The thought of taking an injectable med that is widely used was probably thought to be a great first use for the process. I wish all of the colleagues at Terre Haute the best of luck and hope that something changes for them soon.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wish them the best of luck as well. There are a lot of great people at that site.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe if those losers finished high school, they'd have better opportunities than working as cheap labor in a factory in eastjesus indiana. The only thing good about indiana is.....um............uh..........you'll have to give me a little time for that one.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are pretty flagrant with your stupidity aren't you? A number of these people make more than management at other companies. Several have 4 year degrees. They are hard working people that have give many years to this company. So shut the **** up and show some respect you little weasel.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of them are sexually attracted to barnyard animals. And you'd think that with a degree from devry they'd be able to get a better job. How 'bout opening a head shop with those otherwize useless bongs?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once again, flagrant stupidity. I hope your ego gets a boost from downing people on the internet. I know you wouldn't have the balls to do it in real life. Piece of trash cyber punk.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great to know your masters degree from Yale, Harvard or what ever Ivy League school you graced with your presence has given you the ability to form such eloquent sentences and such inspiring words. Talking trash to get someone fired up is a great talent. I wish I had .001% ( That reads one Thousandth of a percent by the way ) of the abilities that you undoubtedly have acquired through years of hard work and dedication. You must be a GREAT friend to have around when someone needs one. 1000 others and I are worried that this holiday season will be spent telling our families that we have lost our jobs and may have to move because there are simply no comparable jobs around Terre Haute. You think your comments are funny? Are you trying to have a little fun and make someone want to jump into a pissing contest with you? Ok… I bet you’re just as small of a person as your words lead me to believe. Now, You set behind your monitor and figure out the best derogative comment you can muster to reply to this message. I will be heart broken if you can't fire back with some half-witted comment that I could never possibly top with my back-woods Indiana un-educated mind.
    I wish all the best to you and yours this holiday season and please give my sincerest condolences to your spouse, lover, or mother…whom ever it is you sleep with at night.
    God Bless.