HOW DOES GAMMA COMPARE TO TFN???

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Aug 3, 2006 at 11:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
?

GAMMA OR SYNTHES TFN BETTER

Poll closed Sep 2, 2006.
  1. GAMMA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. TFN

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. SAME

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a new Stryker rep and love our gamma nail and T2 BUT I AM VERY CONCERNED WITH THE NEW SYNTHES NAILS ESPECIALLT THE TIBIAL AND TROCH NAIL WITH THE HELICAL BLADE AND BUILT IN SET SCREW.

SERIUOS REPLIES ONLY

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that helical blade is pretty fantastic...otherwise I would describe the two as comparable

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a great nail...........If you want to bang in a lag screw. If the patient is young or has good quality bone the doctor ends up reaming anyway. Sooner or later banging on that lag screw is going to cause some problems. As for there tibia nail.....their bend does not grow in relation to their length. With a taller patient this can cause problems.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually it is not a lag screw, it's a helical balde. That's the point. You can't bang up a lag screw and if you did it would cause problems so your point has no meaning. As for the tibial nail it is now the only one on the market where the bend is different for every single length. You maybe referring to the old Synthed tibial nail. I think they may have us finally. Do we have anything better planned? A T3?????????????????

Stryker Boy33

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thought on the synthes tfn vs. smith and nephew lawsuit??

what is going to happen here????

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know who invented the Stryker nail? Someone in the field asked me this the other day and I am too lazy to look it up...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone seen Orthofix's Vero Nail. I've heard it has two proximal sliding screws to provide better rotational stability. I've heard good things about it so far. It's fairly new I believe.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Come on...Orthofix is a mon and pop shop. That nail doesnt compare to the TFN or Gamma nail. DePuy tried that whole two screw construct with the TAN nail and had tons of failures with the "Z effect."

If your doc wants 2 screws, Stryker has a great nail for that...it's called the T2 Recon Nail

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't find any info on that Orthofix nail on the internet. Nothing shows up on their site, or even on google.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no comparison between the Gamma Nail and the TFN. The TFN is so much more simple to use and surgeons love it. You may get a guy to use a Gamma Nail but if they have experience with the TFN they will always revert back to it. Synthes definitely has the upper hand with this one.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The above poster must not have seen the new Gamma, the Gamma 3. This nail is a whole generation ahead of the TFN.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First of all.....The TFN "should not be used for inner troch fractures"........it is off label. Synthes will have to pay the piper sooner or later. On a side note "If" their wonderful blade happens to fail or cut out (which it does) and the doctor or hospital happens to get caught up in a lawsuit will the company stand behind a product that is being used "off label". It would really suck if a scum bag lawyer got a hold of a doctor who used the wonderful TFN for a case that the product lost its indication for. To all of you Syn reps out there that keep drinking the cool-aid and docs that listen to these robot reps please get a copy of the court case between S&N and Syn. Very interesting reading. Especially the part where someone from Synthes admits that the blade does further damage to the fracture. Great reading material!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BINGO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The man knows his stuff.....

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

do you really think there is no difference between a lag screw and a helical blade? furthermore, if there's no difference between the lag screw and the blade, then why have the majority of dr's switched from gamma to tfn? it's a complete shame what the legal system has done to medicine.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

smith and nephew reps are pretty much the biggest losers in the ortho world- stryker rules

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ok strytard

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

some idiot (probably a stryker guy) spelled it "inner troch" its Intertroch. fx and does he know how often you see a TRUE inter troch fx. ??

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what a douche

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, dumbass. First, it's intertroch, not inner troch! You could not possibly be a sales rep in trauma/ortho if you really thought it was "inner troch". If you are, you gotta love the quality of reps Stryker is hiring these days which is a shame because I am friends with a couple of them and they are great guys and solid reps. I'm thinking you're really just a delivery boy trying to show off for the company and hoping to make it to an associate type rep position. Second, TFN is not "off label" for use in INTERTROCH fx's. Off label would mean that it is not FDA approved for specific indications, ie INTERTROCHANTERIC Fx's. In fact it is very much approved for these fx's. What the court says and what the FDA says are two completely different things. The court can't decide to make a device non-FDA approved. And lastly, it was not someone from Synthes saying the blade "does further damage" in your words...it was a surgeon who I am sure was called to testify by attorneys for S & N.

Bottom line, before you start spouting off, know what the hell you are talking about.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, the quote about the blade causing further damage was from the lead design surgeon on the TFN.

Not sure whom, but a Synthes employee was also on the stand and alluded to the same argument.

Get a copy of the court document, it is shocking.