New round of Cuts

Discussion in 'Pfizer IT' started by Anonymous, Mar 15, 2012 at 2:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

New round of cuts have started to be announced today. So who in BT is affected? Heard infrastructure will be getting it the worst.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just cut your mom...tho she gobbled the goo, and is an anal champ.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There were cuts this week in MTES (dba, web). More to come when MTES moves to BTI. Better to get out of Pfizer (Pfired) now. JK is total sellout.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is MTES ????

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

its been brutal - our group was cut by over 33%. Still doing just as much work, but I guess that whole "work-life balance" thing isnt so important after all.

Nice to see that the bigwigs still got their raises/bonuses - would hate for any of them to have to sell their 4th or 5th homes to make ends meet.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BTI Managers to find out fate by Friday...

Good luck to everyone.....

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Should be interesting to see what the new BTI Org structure is after Friday. Wonder who will survive this time?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hard to say - barely have enough to keep the lights on in BTI already. After last year they're already running super lean, but I suspect its going to be another bloodbath. Unrealistic budgetary expectations have been pushed all across BT, and BTI likely worst of all (as usual).

Good luck to all

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just goes to show you how seriously mismanaged BTI has been for so many years. Nice job management team...of course none of you will go.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A number of people I know have already been told of their doomed state. They will get official letters on Monday March 26th. Most expect to be gone mid April.

As for manager, I know a have already been hit.
    Problem is IMHO that they keep the useless trash usually and get rid of the productive people. They are trying to cut themselves to prosperity --
    The decade of partying is over, let the hangover begin!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hoping for the best, expecting the worst. Good luck everyone..

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any updated news? What's the damage?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Update: All of the BTI leadership team was let go. Syke! None on those NY losers will go...they're too busy screwing things up. The more they keep screwing up, the more real workers will go.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rumor has it most of middle management in BTI did not survive. There are a few postings, but most people told are not going to be moving forward after those limited postings have been filled.

Also, rumor has it, that 40-45% of ALL BTI staff will be cut. The individuals will most likely be formally told at the end of April.

IMO, if you are L-WYE in BTI, you have a 30% chance of survival. They are cleaning house and do not care how service is affected. Focus is only on cost savings and shareholder returns (the same shareholders who allowed Ian to have a 44% compensation increase).

Sorry for the seemingly bad news; I feel compassion for all who are affected.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any news on JH BTI org? Some good people in there, also some who's time is past due to go i hate to say it.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cuts will be made throughout BT. Huge budget pressures and the only place possible to cut is comp.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sinking ship.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Cuts will be made throughout BT. Huge budget pressures and the only place possible to cut is comp."

WRONG!! The BTI management team is not talented enough, nor dedicated enough to develop other solutions. There are MANY other directions this could have taken. Thank you to the untalented leadership hacks.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong! Go do your homework! Just go read the budget for BTI and you will see over $75 Million in compensation. The cuts in compensation are much smaller percentage wise than all the other areas being cut. Way smaller and a way smaller relative percentage as well. Go ask your manager and read the budget. I did and got the whole thing outlined for me! The cuts are coming predominately from contracts and contract related service levels and expenses. Comp is being reduced by a much smaller overall % of total spend. Seems to me that the cuts ARE coming from other places and not all from comp. Try talking to you manager to get the real story.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

^^ First off, managers have no information on any of this. The untalented BTI leadership team is not dispensing information AT ALL to lower level management, or the rank and file. So you can stop that line of nonsense, my manager told me as much. The Town Hall was a joke. Secondly, this is not the first time people are being cut...so be real when you give out percentages of comp that has/will be cut. Thirdly, the lazy hacks in BTI Leadership are not creative enough, or dedicated enough to develop other ways to cut, other than cutting the dedicated people that got them their cushy salaries and bonuses. Nice job leadership team....thanks for being there for us.