Does anyone know what this warning on the ActiVAC means?

Discussion in 'KCI' started by Anonymous, Aug 3, 2010 at 1:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I apologize for the misunderstanding - without an actual code from KCI, your only hope is to find a neighbor that is handy with a PROM/EPROM writer.

RE: you are stealing. Actually, KCI are the true thieves. Charging the public near $4,000 a month rental? These negative pressure wound therapy units are not worth a few hundred dollars a month, never mind a few thousand dollars. Are you kidding me?

Esteban Z. Gambino

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't lose one, 20k. Used or new they'll charge the same. Frauds!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I need a code/reset and am willing to pay - can anyone help? (Service timer expired)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the last known reset was "necrotizingfasciitis".

There's a reason the company needs them back between patient use.

Do yourself a favor and get the unit back before any harm is done to
    someone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necrotizing_fasciitis

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah I think the real clowns are the ones crying theft. Are you guys serious? Considering what they charge to rent these a month, THEY are the real thieves here. If he purchased it and has a receipt then they would have to take him to court in order to retrieve the machine. That includes if he obtained it from a storage auction like I did one a few months ago. Yeah I'm going to return something I paid for and can make around $1,000 or more off of on ebay because it's the "right thing to do." According to who...the law? You all sound like a bunch of conservative Fox "News" whackos promoting out of hand medical costs on something that might cost them a whole $50 to make. And if you all knew how these things operated you wouldn't be scaring them with the worry of getting a disease. You have to use a new pad and a new canister with each use. The canisters are self-contained and have no way to get onto the machine. Who in their right mind would reuse a granufoam pad? Please. Go scare someone else with your unfounded fear tactics and leave him/her alone. If you don't have the code, simply move on. It's not your job to police someone unless; that is unless you get off on it. I swear, some people...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? So if I rent a car for $50 a day and FEEL that it is unfair because a Chevy isn't worth $1500 per month, I have the right to just give to a charity who in turn will just 'sell' it to a third party. You don't see anything wrong with that situation or understand why the police and most sane and moral people see the problem here? Regardless if the price to rent is too high or in your opinion 'finders keepers', it is WRONG that you think this is OK - the guy should take the thing back and get his money back and the thrift store should turn it over to KCI for reprocessing - PERIOD. There is no gray area here.

BTW, I had some compassion for the original poster UNTIL he was told that the unit is essentially 'black market' and potentially harmful if not cleaned properly. But then when somebody starts bartering for an un-lock code, then he clearly has sunk to the level as that of a common car thief or junkie. Your Mothers must be very proud because I am just DISGUSTED!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In response to your posting: what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have same problem - Service Timer Expired. Does anybody help me reset this timer for money)?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NO - you're stealing - you get that right? Turn the thing into KCI. Any rep that risks
    their jobs and jail to sell you a code for the cost of dinner is a moron. Enough said.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you guys must be in the east sitting in the snow. Seriously?!? you have this much time on your hands? Go get a job

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

purchase a code

I bought out an estate and also have an expired unit. need to purchase a code.the only reason they are trying to scare you into turning it in is so they can resell it. One rep has the right idea. Offering $400 for the unit. So he can resell it and make the big money. If I can get the code, then I can make the big money. If not ,I'm happy with the $400. Better than nothing. But to KCI: IF YOU WANT YOUR PRODUCTS BACK AND KEEP TRYING TO CONTROL YOUR MARKET (IM CONFUSED, BILL GATES) OFFER A REWARD FOR RETURN OF YOUR UNITS. NOBODY IS STEALING ANYTHING!!! I FIGURE MOST OF US BUT AND SELL. SO WHEN YOU TRY TO STOP US OVER BULLSHIT, WE TRY HARDER!! WHERE DOES THAT LEAVE YOU?! FIGURE IT OUT CLOWNS!
    SO IF SOMEONE HAS A CODE FOR SALE LET ME KNOW.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Code:

UOENOKCI1

second character is an "O" not zero.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Muchos gracias, amigo.

Your friend in fasciitis,

Esteban Z. Gambino

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I need a code for mine as well. I have no problem paying the $50

15. Roman

Roman Guest

Hi. I have found your post here. I have bought the KCI V.A.C. ATS and it is asking me the access code. Can you halp me?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're kidding right? The units are programmed to disable themselves for a reason. No one is going to give you the code here. Call the 800#, report the serial number and request a code from KCI. Not Cafepharma

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I repair ATS, Acti, Info, Freedom and Ultas. If ATS needs a code it's probably because device doesn't work good. In Info and Acti it's just a timer, one of the options is disable of counter but you need a 3 digits code code. On training you should get it.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The error indicates that KCI "SUCKS" and you "BLOW"

19. There are several different codes, these all send you to specific parts of the "Utilities" menu. To do a full reset is easy. UP-UP-DOWN-DOWN-LEFT-RIGHT-LEFT-RIGHT-B-A-START. This should give you infinite lives.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Okay, so once reset, how long is the timer good for before this happens again?