Rep Trax

Discussion in 'The Darkened Sample Closet' started by SteveR, Aug 29, 2008 at 7:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I deal with Hospital paper pushers all the time. You know the type, many mealy mouthed men that always love the "procedure" and love to regulate. They are the equivalent of bureaucrats at the local, state and federal level. They sit at their desk and can't make any real decisions on their own, unless it is a committee group think decision.

It is the same thing when I sell something to a hospital. It goes through 20 different committees and by the time they decide they want it to the time a PO is cut, it takes 3-4 months. If the PO sits on someone's desk and hasn't been signed yet, "thats the process, sorry we can't speed it up. We have policies." No wonder I went back in to selling to private practices by choice.

When you talk about waste in healthcare, hospitals have so many useless people.

I also think there is quite a bit of jealousy in the hospital world. Bureaucrats see Doctors getting the fame, glory and money. They see Reps making $100-300k a year and most reps I know are pretty smooth. They also know the Reps aren't MDs or even MBAs, they have BA/BS degrees but are people people. Honestly, I do 150 on a bad year and 225 on a good year and I am not all that bright. I just know how to sell and am friendly.

Many of the the hospital types I deal with are very emmasculated men that are B type personalities. So of course they are going to like to think of these regulations. It gives them a sense of power and a way to regulate the type of people they don't like. You woudn't go into hospital administration because you are a social "go-getter." You'd go into it for job security, cubicle dwelling and clock punching.

Now, the C level people of hospitals can be more "go-getter" but they have to be. That is a very political position and the C level people make good money. I am talking about the cubicle dwellers, you know the types that sign their name with titles at the end nobody cares about...I love these guys that sign like "Joe Blo, MBA." Nobody gives a shit.

I knew a Rep that hated those titles at the end too, so he made up "GGTK" at the end of his name as if it were a title...Stands for "Good Guy to Know."

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Buy a cheap stethescope and wear it aroun your neck when you go in the hospital. Nobody will EVER question you. If you have an extra, wrap it around the rear view mirror of your car and park in the Doctor's parking. Works every time!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Drive a nice car and you can park in the doctor's lot.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RepTrax is the biggest pain in the ass. Status-Blue was so much easier to work with. I have spent NUMEROUS hours already just in trying to get my status-blue approved information to be accepted by RepTrax. RepTrax purchased Status-Blue, but is unable to access their records! You have to re-submit EVERYTHING. Not bad, if RepTrax accepted it. However, then you have to spend so much time in follow up with RepTrax. They lost my first fax. Could not accept any more than 7 pages on the subsequent faxes. Why, well their great systems can't convert a fax of more than 7 pages into a PDF. Do they tell you that any where on their website. Their "Service Reps" will tell you what a faux paux they are making. Have a reason why you are not going to get any injection, such as you don't take immunizations, or you have an allergy, well you better be prepared for them to get you denied access! Get more and more and more documentation. Oh yeah, and every couple days you may have more crap added into your profile. In addition, if you should happen to log into a Hospital when RepTrax has added more crap for you to do, and you have not done it yet, IT WILL GENERATE A NEGATIVE OCCURRENCE ON YOUR RECORD. Depending on how the hospital wants to use that information, they can kick you out.
    Great Program that we need to pay for. Is it not ENOUGH that this Industry is shrinking, now we need to add more ways to lose our job. Way to go rep who set this up!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had an email alert from an institution I do not even enter. I want to send them a "thank you" for revoking my access. What a joke. Treated like registered sex offenders. All of the files that I submit start with the title, "shake down". Vendormate's "all access" option reminds me of being asked if you want to "super size" your meal at McDonalds. Laughable! This system should be a wake up call to all. Get your plan B finalized because this ship (pharma) will be under water within 5 years. These credentialing agencies will eventually kill the goose that is laying the golden egg. No reps equals no fees.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I sell diagnostic devices and avoid hospitals at all chances. There is just too much red tape and too many bureaucrats.

If you have the choice of going where you need to to get the business, I highly suggest you avoid hospitals as a selling venue. Once the Doctor decides she wants it, she has to get it approved for next FY budget which is 9 months away. Then it goes into 28 different committees for approval. Most of the time you end up selling the device to administrators who don't even know what they are buying, so feature selling is pointless. Then if they do want it, the PO takes another 3-4 signatures and committees for approval.

I stopped selling to hospitals last year because it wasn't worth my time. If I get a call, sure I will put in the minimal effort to get them a quote. But the time I spent focusing in on hospitals this year and moved to selling to private practice I made me a little more money and the sales were a lot easier.

Private practice equals "I want it, I buy it, here is the check."

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately poorly trained representatives have forced the industry to police vendor credentialling, no different than the requirements of hospitals requirements of employees. I would not allow any member of my family to be in a healthcare environment where an individual may be present in a patient care situation without vaccinations or proper education on aseptic technique. All of the vendor credentialing services should mitigates that risk.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh joy! Reptrax just announced a 53% increase in pricing. Was $150, now $229.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We need to revolt! This is crazy! 80 dollar increase? Let's start a Petition.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I set up my membership last year after the integration. Maybe this just applies to those of us who manage large territories and/or travel for KAM visits but I think 1 system is easier than having to manage a couple of these systems.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly. Does David MD practice medicine or does he just work @ hospital on cafebroadway? If you catch my point. I'll try again if not.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm appalled by the service that I received from Reptrax- beyond frustrated. This 53% increase that they have is RIDICULOUS! They in no way, shape or form offer any kind of service to even request this!!!

On top of that - members that expire ONLY in the month of February are able to keep the $150 rate - I called to ask if I updated all the members now if I could pay the $150 rate and they answered No. Isn't it a standard practice to allow 60 days for a price increase, not a day in this case?? I received the email January 31st for a February 1st increase!

I just had to express my disgust with these credentialing agencies and the amount of money they are costing our organizations.. I know for sure it's not going to training their employees!

Yes, I'm for a PETITION. This is getting crazy!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: dispute

I actually had 3 disbutes over the past two years. One I was definitely guilty...but asked for forgiveness (not that it really mattered)

They reversed the "negative score" all three times. They're actually pretty lenient.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At least they let some people obtain the service at the current rate. Anybody checked their ATT bills or Direct TV bills (price just went up before the Super Bowl)? Ouch.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok so it seems that everyone is really pissed off about Reptrax or every other credentialing service out there. Just so you know a rep was going for his masters degree in hospital administration and thought that his thesis should be about the credentialing of sales reps in hospitals. Then a light bulb went off and he said, "Holy Shit", this is a service that hospitals need. There are binders and binders of sales reps info from shots of child hood to the $1M insurance liability.
    Sales reps change companies because they treat you like shit or they were bought out by the J&J or Covidien conglomerates. Or you moved out of state and you didn't care less that all your info sat in a binder at St. Elsewhere. Whatever the reason, all that HIPHA info was taking up space. So what does one do? Clean up the BS. OK they are milking you and a 53% rate hike is absurd, but everyone of you probably said why didn't I think of that???? Regardless, it won't go away.
    One more thing. Medical device, implant, and pharmaceutical companies don't have to buy box seats to the Mets, Yankees, Giants, Jets, Knicks, Nets, Rangers, Islanders, Devils and US Open, Broadway shows, as well as golf outings, ski and fishing trips, and other summer destinations to sell your products. That is a lot of money saved that can go toward vendor credentialing. Petition your companies to pay that fee, if you haven't already. AMEN.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's BS. I work for an orthopedic company. We don't buy anything and I mean NOTHING, no ads, no dinners, not even a pen and we still have to deal with this crap. I'm in the OR for 8-12 hours each day and I don't have time to deal with this nonsense. It's extortion; pain and simple. I have to take a drug test and yet half the idiots in the OR are off smoking weed every weekend!! Come on... it's just getting rediculous.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a bunch of spoiled, and entitled idiots you are. Extortion? what a drama king/queen statement. Every medical practitioner working in the hospital has to take a drug test - idiot. I hope they ban the lot of you from hospitals. I'll start a petition myself b/c basically it is getting "rediculous" (ridiculous).

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Granted there are a few reps that leave a lot to be desired. YOU, whoever YOU are, are highly misinformed. You sound like an Admin type or an AORN Magazine contributor. Maybe you should get out of your IVORY TOWER, quit admiring yourself in the mirror and recognize the huge value that we Sales Professionals provide your facility.

You and many of the people that write your Journal articles are so out of touch with what we actually do and the safety and quality improvement that we provide that it is unbelievable. Unbelievable that sales people are the first place that fingers are pointed if something goes wrong. With there being so many different technologies that your staff must master, it is impossible that they can master all of them. Just ask a Surgeon working on the weekend in your 30-100 bed hospital how it went the Monday after a tough stint on call. If he is honest, a good share of the time he will tell you, if it hadn't been for his rep, the case would have taken twice as long and the outcome maybe not as good.

We provide a service that is invaluable and makes a huge difference in patient outcomes. There are the exceptions on both ends of the bell curve but the majority of us make a positive difference.

Get a CLUE!

BTW - Rep Trax is run by a bunch of Greedy B@$(^#@$ that are power hungry and could care less about anything other than sticking it to someone, be it the REP or the Companies that pay their fees. Give me a break $229 for what they do. What a joke!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, does it mitigate litigation? Are patients really safer? I have seen on multiple occasions device reps late to the OR because they had problems checking into the system or (like the one poster stated) missed a requirement and were denied access. I can also see for the 1099 reps how this is a double-edged sword. They are independent and DO need proof of their credentials to enter and promote a product. However, this certainly makes it tough if the person has to pay out of their own pocket 2000 dollars or much more a year in vendor fees just to do business, not to mention all their own auto/gas expenses. I see more and more 1099 positions open and think it is just too expensive and risky to take on one of these positions if you have to call on hospitals.

I agree there are too many vendor services at this point. Reptrax might be one of the better ones since they do charge only one fee and uploading a pdf document is not that difficult but there are way, way too many requirements at this point. Do I really need to read 20 documents from each hospital to come in once a year and in-service or talk to pharmacy or purchasing? How about the accounts that actually do not really allow access yet charge a huge fee? Is it fair for their administration to require this of us when we can only talk to pharmacy or purchasing or a VAC member, yet they want 250 dollars per rep just to come in? If they are part of a credentialing service, then they should be more rep-friendly.

I agree with the one poster that if we are going to be charged 300 dollars a year or even an account, we are going to charge them back. It is the only viable solution. I think all vendor credentialing needs to have an emergency button that allows a quick check in when a rep is called to surgery. However, no rep should be inside an account selling a product that has not been approved by that account. I know this has been a huge problem in the past and really ticked-off pharmacy, purchasing and some KOLs. Maybe pharma did this to itself or reps that just have no commonsense. Either way, I think these systems are here to stay and we need to find a way to work with them and their administration to make life tolerable and workable for all of us. The big companies should also help the reps to mitigate these hurdles to access. Perhaps a liaison is in order to deal with this for us. I am often working 10 hours a day and really do not have time for a lot of the B.S. created by missing credentials, new policies, and such. I will get my shots and take my tests. I think the proof of college education is stupid as well as the drug test. I also agree that, godforbid, you cannot take a vaccination due to an allergy, the hoop-jumping is a real waste of time. Wow, hard to believe this is what being in medical sales has come to.