Pfizer Retiree Medical

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Apr 17, 2009 at 11:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So there is no Caremark RX card to order a 3 month supply of drugs by mail anymore at a cheaper price?
    Do you have to price shop all retail pharmacies to find the lowest non Pfizer drug at 20% on a monthly basis?
    Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Pfizer health insurance package beginning in 2010 depends on your age and years of service, but I will tell you that it is significantly higher than last year especially for spouses and dependents. I am a legacy Pharmacia retiree, but we have been told that all legacy retirees will have the same coverage and the same costs - haven't seen that in writing. For us, at least, there are major changes in coverage from 2009 to 2010 as follows: deductible going from $300 to $500 for individuals, coverage going from 90% to 80%, dental and vision eliminated, rx going from $5/mo copay to 20% of retail(except for Pfizer drugs are nothing). In my case, my premium will go up 2.5 times and my wife's 5.4 times from this year's rates. With all the changes, we are looking for our medical costs to more than double even if we have a relatively healthy year. This is not good news - Pfizer is really sticking it to the retirees and especially their spouses. Good luck!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer phucked. Are the exects getting the same plan?,,Congress should get the same plan as introducted to the public. Hell no, execs are Phucking the rest of us w/ their benefits. Revolt time! Throw the bastards out Now.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like an all-around Pfizer Pfucking to me!!! BUT, did you really expect anything more from them? Cmon, this company has sucked for over 40's for a very long time, and always will. I'm one of the lucky ones; hit some hot stocks and made a bundle so pay for my own insurance.

Great world we live in....but I pray to Obama every night for all his changes that will make this a better country......and world. Let's hope he looks kindly on Pfizer; after all we make people's lives better with our wonder drugs....that someone else discovered

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So many poster were condemning Obama's health plan. Perhaps some may need it now.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correction to poster who said deductible would go to $500/individual...Actually, it's $700 for individual and 1400 for 2 people, ok?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only thing anyone in this country needs from Obama is for his term to end as fast as possible.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMEN - I wish it were tomorrow, before he drives up the deficit a few more trillion, or the unemployment rate another 10%, or takes over more industries, or gives more pompous speeches, or apologizes another time for America, or appoints another left wing nut job to a Czar position, or moves any Gitmo terrorists into the USA.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By then, Big Pharma will be a fond...or not so fond memory. Another world-leading industry destroyed by big government regulation.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Pfizer retiree plan is $314/month for me and my spouse. Deductibles and co-pays are reasonable. Out of pocket maximum is reasonable. The cost is up from the $100 per month last year, but the out of pocket expense dropped. It's a very good plan.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can tou use a 3 month mail in service instead of having to drive to the retail pharmacy?

12. There is only one answer to the new Pfizer medical plan. They are trying to make it difficult for pre-65 retirees to afford Pfizer insurance.

- We had 6 plans in 2009 - We have 1 plan in 2010.
    - Cost has gone out of site.
    - Drug plan is now factored into the plan cost.

My retiree plan said we would have choices sililar to the employees. My plan said that the drug coverage would be offered at no additional cost. Pfizer said that their lawyers have desided that they do not need to honor the original contract and that we can sue them if we don't like it.

My cost is going from $ 450 / mo to over $ 1,100 / mo. My choosen plan from 2009 was a much better plan than the one-and-only offered plan.

Pfizer said that they are saving over 100 million with this new plan. It is probably costing the retirees twice that.

This is clearly a premeditated assult on Pfizer retirees.

Just think, the executive group leading this will get at least 10 million in bonuses for the successful completition of this plan.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is written in the plan - they can change or discontinue it at any time. They are significantly changing the plan. It is a "trust me" pledge that is being broken here. Not a suprise from this current management team.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

bump

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Despite what pfizer has stated in their medical plan, legacy groups have not been placed in the same plan group. Some legacy groups have different plans. The majority of legacy companies have the same plan description, except for how their defined dollar limit is calculated. The catch is all legacy companies are still part of different groups and the cost of their plans are calculated separately. Pfizer stated that they planned to reduce the rate of premium increase by grouping all legacy companies together. THEIR WILL BE NO SAVINGS FOR THE RETIREE. The only savings will be for pfizer.

Another point: the cost increases for pfizer health plans, for each of the last 5 years, are more double the national average for other companies. The 2010 cost increase for some pfizer legacy groups is 40% which is causing premiums to rise by about 140%.

The value of the 2010 plan 10% is less than that of the 2009 mid-level plans. Deductables are rising, coverage is lowered, and premiums are soaring. It's enough to make you sick.

If you are mad, contact your senate and house representatives and let them know how pfizer is trying to make retirees quit their health care plans.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My plan went from $100 to $340/month. That is for my wife and me. I think that $340/month is reasonable. The coverage is good, a PPO. $1100 seems excessive. Make sure you get the retiree PPO. They should all cost the same.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You won't get any answers. They are stalling until Obama gets his socialized healthcare plan passed and implemented. Kindler was on the white house guest list on several occasions.We are all screwed except for all the people that never worked and will get the free goverment plan. good luck!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey #57, just divorce the old lady and save $675/month. Easy, peasy, japaneasy.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just anothe in the long line of Pfizer Pfuckings. You could drive a truck up my asshole.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree! Pfizer is one shitty company; a victim of its own arrogance and stupidity!

I love seeing it die a slow death.