Selling Pradaxa

Discussion in 'Boehringer Ingelheim' started by Anonymous, Mar 22, 2013 at 2:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Canadian Rep Here. Came across some marketshare numbers in the US. Are these for real? This would suggest that a significant # of Docs have never written Pradaxa. We are having a tough time up here breaking through 10% share.

Weekly Anticoagulant Scripts, U.S. Market Share Brand Nov. 2 2012, percent share of 821,110 scripts

Warfarin 72.7%
    Enoxaparin 6.8%
    Pradaxa 6.6%
    Xarelto 3.5%
    Coumadin 3.1%
    Heparin 2.1%
    Brilinta 0.4%
    Lovenox 0.4%
    Others 4.4%

Source: Barclays/IMS Health

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's 2011 numbers.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Also the lawyers here in the states have had a real big squelching of uptake. Nothing scares a doc more than a lawyer and so most don't want to mess with the hassle. They themselves don't have to take a crappy drug everyday so no big impetus to switch unless a patient begs for it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This drug is done

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Original poster here. I thought it seemed low. What would you estimate Pradaxa's marketshare to be now.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would say whatever it is, it has peaked. I'm seeiing a lot of Eloquis use.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clearly you aren't seeing the box that the new one comes in. You missed the spelling, hans

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am seeing Pradaxa go down every week. Our Cardio Rep wears an olive suit.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i've seen a lot of female reps go down too, what's your point

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I call on the Chief of Cardiology at KU Med Center and hardly any one in their Department uses Pradaxa because of the potential for bleeds if a problem happens. It is a good drug if the patient doesn't have a lot of other problems and needs surgery but Coumadin would be the safer choice for the really sick patients.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude, pdax has been out over two years, no one cares what you or you stupud KU fucktards think. The days of making stupud swipes at a now old drug is utterly pointless and irretrievably stupid. Give it a rest, no one cares.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The market seems to care... BI sank about $2B developing Pradaxa, at this rate it won't recoup that investment. Without a share price to take the hit, it seems like is the reps whose necks are on the block for this, "dude".

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you even know how much it's grossed, dipshit?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Original Poster. Still tyring to determine Pradaxa's current share. Came across the following from September 2012:

"Pradaxa increased its share of the oral anticoagulant market from 3.1 percent to 18.9 percent."

Is this correct?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah. 3.5% of a $2.4B per year market this past year, somewhat less than that for the 2 years prior. So about $250-300M. It's not algebra, it's arithmetic.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jezus you're a dolt:

BI is a multi-national company.
    Pradaxa is an international product.

BI is not a public company so they will never release true amount made. Since all of Europe has it free with no copays needed by patients then I'd surmise they are doing quite well.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lets all sue because Pradaxa kills people. Warfarin Rules.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

570 million in sales in USA in 2011. Over 750 million in sales in USA in 2012. Over a billion in 2 full years. Add the sales from October- Dec of 2010 and so far in 13 and that's pushing over 1.5 billion in sales since launch in USA alone. 2013 will be around 750-800 million in Sales. Not at billion per year in US yet, but still doing pretty well. Believe MKT share is around 5-6%.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another vote for rat poison.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Original poster here.

If 5-6% market share is correct that means that physicians still have not widely adopted Pradaxa and the only thing driving sales is the high price. Is that how the sales force would see it?