New Lumigan: What a joke

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by Anonymous, Sep 2, 2010 at 6:30 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The pain train is coming get ready

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

one of my top glaucoma doctors told me Allergan really messed up with Lumigan RC. He said we should focus on coming out with innovative meds. He's moving patients over to Xalatan since it's going generic. What should I say please? i'm so depressed being here at allergan sometimes

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tell your docs that is a good economical cost savings move for their patients!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds just like the conversations revolving around converting drs from zymar to zymaxid..ugh

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With the new glaucoma shunts the drugs are going to slowly die............................

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

need the line extensions to support the next novel med. You kids are clueless...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ask him why he continues to support a company that hasn't introduced an innovative drug to Ophthalmology since 1996. (Pfizer n Xalatan). Hold them to the same standard.

And btw, you really couldn't come up with this on your own?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And that new Lumigan is innovative?? Tell me a drug that needs to be created to keep this dying Glaucoma industry alive? Lets blow a couple of hundred million on something that you will never see a return on?? 1996 seemed like a good year to stop for me!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are an idiot.
    If everyone stopped in 1996 we wouldn't have Lumigan, Travatan, Cosopt, Combigan, Alphagn P.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't believe JH is still posting on cafe pharma.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

is there even 1 benefit to this product?

the PI is going to kill us. less efficacy. more bak for breaking down the cornea and the same, if not worse, hyperemia rates?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

\

Idiot!! Please...Combigan was not a new product it was 2 old ones to come with a patent extention- Glaucoma at that time in the 1990's was a market that had no new innovative drugs- Wow, companies came up with a whopping 4 drugs that all pretty much worked the same- so technically they are me too drugs- And one of them going generic will take down the whole class...can't wait to see your sorry ass on the street...Oh wait- that new Lumigan is gonna take the market by storm......hahahahahaha- won't be saving the Glaucoma sales force- start looking!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What was Allergan thinking improving a product that already existed? This is an absurd thought....listen to complaints about an existing product and tweak that product to fulfill the customers' needs. I can't think of a single item in the history of the world that needed improving. When the first television was invented they should have just stuck with that...it didn't need improving.

....so many morons post on this website. Improving the #1 complaint about Lumigan was the best move Allergan could have made.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

improved? the hyperemia rates are WORSE than orginal? have you not looked at the PI? or did lou cantor tell you something different?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think we have a very good story with this product.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obviously the person posting doesn't work for allergen, or they would know that the PI is a combination of the old and new products, which is why the hyperemia rates are so high. They are also probably too stupid to realize that the PI for Travatan Z is a combined PI as well and that it states they have more hyperemia than any prostaglandin available. I'm sure the Alcon troll also doesn't realize that even though Lumigan .01% is within 0.5 mm Hg of .03%, that Travatan Z is 0.8mm Hg less efficacious than original Tavatan. If I worked for Alcon, I would be scared also, not just of Lumigan .01%, but of being fired soon by their new owner. I'm said to see the Pfizer reps gone, but I won't be sad when all of your sorry Alcon asses get canned like tuna, bitches. Yeah, I drank the kool-aid, and you know what? It tastes fucking good like your sweet tears.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I spelled Allergan wrong. I was typing too quickly with furious rage. ALCON SUCKS!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My Ophthalmologists are too smart to prescribe a generic glaucoma drug and risk the potential for sub-therapeutic and unreliable IOP reduction in addition to the sub-par quality control manufacturing environment and risk of bacteria/contamination. There is no way a generic drug manufactured in some bath tub lab in India going in my eye. Smart doctors will advise their patients to use branded products in the eye. Ever heard of generic Coumadin? The patient's PT numbers are all over the board, sometimes too high, sometimes too low. The generic is very inconsistant and unreliable, Cardiologists will not use it. My Ophthalmologists will not prescribe generic glaucoma meds for the same reason.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I call bullshit on you docs-They will write the generic. Cost is a huge issue for patients for one-It's FDA approved and therefore has the same efficacy. Are you now going to pull out some huge histogram and demonstrate the manufacturing errors to prove your point to the docs?? Docs are there to save the patients money and if they do, they are looked upon favorably by them and therefore stay as a patient. They will tell you to your face they won't write the generic because if they don't, they get the annoying rep in their face with a sales aide pleading with them not too... and they don't have time for that...kind of like all those docs who say they would show up for a dinner program only not to show- kept you from coming in to the office a zillion times asking them to show up begging them for a head count to impress the manager, and you telling them that the program is not your typical boring talk and you'lll get to interact with your peers and a thought leaders in Glaucoma yada yada yada-

The pharmasist make their money getting patients to use generics..they don't need the doctors OK to switch patients, they just have to ask the patient. I think most scripts will be lost there-

Until there is some pretty bad adverse events with the generic or the IOP is not sustained, then maybe the name brands have a chance- but if insurance puts this on as a tier 2 with a $20 copay- we're all hosed- just have to wait and see.......

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

According to article just posted today, the FDA is looking at tighter regulations for the generic drug industry because generics don't work as well as the brand products:
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-10-20/fda-says-it-may-tighten-standards-for-generic-drugs-update2-.html