Exubera Production

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Sep 4, 2007 at 2:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whats goung to happen with the exubera production facilities in Terre Haute now that the exubera ship has sunk??????

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Their moving equipment to Kalamazoo MI plant.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Says who? I'm not hearing anything of that nature...but then again, I don't get all the juicy news...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

God tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure you're f**ked.

http://www.exubera-risks.com/?cat=10&paged=5

"The company currently makes Exubera at its Terre Haute, Ind. manufacturing facility, then transports the diabetes medication nearly 300 miles to its Portage, Mich. plant for final packaging.

Three months ago this blog reported that investment WR Hamcrecht + Co. — which “maintains a market” (i.e., owns) in shares of the co-developer of the inhaled insulin, Nektar Therapeutics (NASDAQ:NKTR) — may have inadvertently disclosed an production risk:

Nektar makes all the dry powder insulin (the doses that are inhaled) at its headquarters in San Carlos[, Calif.], and Pfizer has been getting all that it has ordered there.

Could having all the Exubera powder made at one facility create a supply-chain risk for Exubera production and sale to diabetic consumers? On a purely practical level, this seems like a rather risky move. "

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Employees of “Pfizers” (sic) can expect a 50% work force reduction this December, 2007.

To all you who transferred to Terre Haute who bought 200k + houses, who is going to buy your house? The Paper Mill’s new hires? You’re all so very, very screwed.

PS. Lilly doesn't want or need you either.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This isn't anything about moving equipment. Just that the kits are assembled in Michigan. There is a lot more to the process than putting it in a kit.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Come to New York instead and get a $850,000 condo or $1.75 million basic house. Your $200K house will barely float a down payment, buds.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like putting the premiums into the cereal boxes, hey?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's why you don't buy a 200K house when entering a small city to work with a startup product. You take the cautious approach (bank cash) until it takes off or sinks. Pfizer pays well enough that either way it's not a bad move.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Employees of “Pfizers” (sic) can expect a 50% work force reduction this December, 2007.

"To all you who transferred to Terre Haute who bought 200k + houses, who is going to buy your house? The Paper Mill’s new hires? You’re all so very, very screwed".

Even though sales appear to be down, management personnel keep telling everyone that sales will improve.... and just how accurate is this 50% work reduction information anyway? There is still ongoing construction for the administration buildings?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They can't give it up, the product is dead. As for the Terre Haute plant I haven't heard whats going to happen there...........

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where are you getting this information in regards to a 50% workforce reduction? The county is receiving a large tax abatement and it wouldn't look good for Pfizer to pull out....

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The sales can't improve enough. The sales aren't down, the sales never started. Exubera is a pharmaceutucal dog and the writing is on the wall for anyone and everyone involved. Seriously, no one can be so stupid as to think there is any hope at all for the Exubera portion of Terre Haute to stay open past 2008... "Single line" production will last how long?

The costs are to high to continue support for the Terre Haute site when all the production needed for the product line over the next 10 years appears to be supported by Nektar and Michigan completely...

Why wouldn't "Pfizers" (sic) continue construction of administration buildings? There's always 1247 and 1244 to under support...

How accurate is the 50% number? Um, how many days is 1250 actually running and then at near zero % capacity?

If you're working in Terre Haute on Exubera you best be ready for a Christmas layoff.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What does "Pfizers" care? Like there is some other place to work in Vigo county?

"Pfizers" got to sell their Waste Water Treatment plant to Danisco for a nice multimillion dollar profit and shed the operating and regulatory costs of having a WWTP at the same time.

"Pfizers" got the county to build "Pfizers" a new ($12+million) waste water treatment plant for free and the county will pay for the operating costs and regulatory costs of running the new WWTP and in return "Pfizers" has to do nothing.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You show your ignorance to the production process. Nektar and Michigan do a small part of the overall process. They don't even have the equipment to package Exubera in Kalamazoo. The site in Terre Haute is intstrumental in producing the product. Now, I'm not saying the plant won't shutdown if Exubera continues to fail. I honestly think the whole site will close and the aseptic ops will be moved to Kalamazoo or elsewhere.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You mean make blisters? Um, they have like three years to move one line up to
    Michigan if they never fill another blister in Terre Haute. Terre Haute is instrumental for Exubera? No. Terre Haute is a huge extra cost that isn't needed in the Exubera budget.

Nektar can spray dry enough Insulin to support twice the current demand.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You make it sound simple...making blisters is extremely difficult for this product. It's not a tablet, filling is extremely complex and the geometry of the blister stretches the limits of the components capabilities. I wouldn't expect a sales person to understand that as it isn't your job. It wouldn't make sense to move the machinery for Exubera production. I think if the product fails it will be dropped and the machines moved and converted for other use.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, I'm sure if the blisters can be filled in Terre Haute they can be filled anywhere and why move them and convert them when Pfizer can move them and lay off 400 people and still fill blisters?

Seriously, Terre Haute is bad for the bottom line. No matter what happens Terre Haute is doomed because it costs to much to fill blisters there.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So does the local management know of this impending doom, or are they just as blind about what is happening as thier production personnel?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top management is already working on getting themselves transfered to new sites... Expect to see Directors and above moving on in the next six months. Some already have, as you know.