Human Sales Rep moving into Vet sales

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by Anonymous, Apr 9, 2012 at 11:08 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Question: I have been in human sales for 10 years and have done very well. I was recently offered a position in capital vet sales. I can't decide if this is the best move for the following reasons:

1. Income? (Sounds great, but it always does when it is on paper. Is $175k year real?)
    2. Does the vet market have a great deal of turnover? (I don't enjoy job hopping)
    3. From first impressions, the vet market seems more fun, doctors seem more approachable. (Is this an accurate statement?)
    4. Is it true, once you leave the human side to the vet side, you are black listed from the human side? ( I don't believe this is the case, but I can see it might be, such as never going from device to pharma or capital to device.)

I appreciate all feedback thanks!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great questions... Wish I had answers for you. From my understanding, capital sales experience is capital sales experience, whether it's animal or human. Anyone disagree???

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haha, anyone out here? I feel a bit lonely?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't expect a lot of help here.
    Having said that:

1. Depends on what you're selling. I'd say that's possible but a stretch and certainly difficult year to year.
    2. Yes and no. I'd say more turnover in capital sales, with the bulk of sub $20K equipment
    sales going thru the hands of distribution.
    3. Yes, it's nice out here.
    4. Never heard of that. But "never say never"

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for your help!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GTFO

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1. Income? (Is $175k year real?)

Maybe in a 5-10 years once well established.

2. great deal of turnover? (I don't enjoy job hopping)

Not really, unless it is a bad market. Ask how long the person was in the territory before you.

3. vet market seems more fun, doctors seem more approachable. (Is this an accurate statement?)

It is still work. quickly becoming more like human pharma everyday.

4. Is it true, once you leave the human side to the vet side, you are black listed from the human side? ( I don't believe this is the case, but I can see it might be, such as never going from device to pharma or capital to device.)

if you are making 175, why would you want to leave vet to go back?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the feedback!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stay on the human side u looser. Tell me who is the company u interviewed with?

xoxo

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Learn how to spell dumb ass.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

haha, how are you even in sales since you can't even type out full words? I guess you're not if you're asking the person who he interviewed with... Too funny.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope you decided to stay in human sales.

Vet sales has changed drastically over the years with mergers and such. $175k is extremely high and some of the best reps don't get paid anywhere near that. Stay clear of AHI- worst company to work for especially if you are a hard worker and expect to benefit financially from your efforts. There are other rumors of mergers going on and many changes in product lines. Pricing is always a huge battle between distributors and such. If you went to a manufacturer on the vet side that may be better but I am not sure on the money. Good luck in your journeys.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

good luck, not many choices

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You replied to a thread that is 4 years old?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've been busy!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

$175,000. What territory?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nothing else to discuss about Midwest ? How wonderful.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Management is slower than molasses when it comes to hiring or a direction the company is headed

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest