AstraZeneca/Abbott Merger Rumor

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Mar 31, 2011 at 9:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

not for nothing...but as a former abbott employee (part of jan. layoff) there are NOT a lot of jobs. I'm in constant communication with the reps that remained....and they complain they want to go to other divisions of abbott (optics, etc) and there are no openings. you will, indeed, see some in primary care though...that is the obvious in any company. whoever is in pc in any company needs to get out!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2 great companies, 1 great merger.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah sounds like a brilliant idea, that would create a pharma super power. Crestor is going to be destroyed when Lipitor goes generic. And Abbott's pipeline is full of opportunity, we have........., oh and dont forget about........,oh man and I almost forgot about.........., But dont worry the 50 jobs that oncology will have in 3 years will save us all.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you think things are bad here, just talk to your AZ rep! Everyone of them I know, is busting their ass to leave. They are nothing more than box checking zombies. Hmmmm? Kinda sounds like us at Abbott!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AZ reps would be in HEAVEN to come into Abbott... there is not a worse place in the industry. And besides, all of the guys are real jerks...their HR dept is lame.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

good luck w/ brilinta...plavix goes generic within a year.
    within 10 months its a wash....

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't think so with the premium price they request it is a luxury drug like Lovaza, you get fishoil in comparable amounts for 20 time less...it is all about briliant marketing.....

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You obviously do not talk with cardiologists. They have been moving steadily to Crestor even during the patent protection time of Lipitor. The study on potential plaque reversal has had a major impact. I don't work for AZ but I do see a top cardiologist in a major market on a personal basis and the whole clinic, about 13 cards, write Crestor with both hands.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They may be writing Crestor over name brand Lipitor but their patients will pressure them to write generic Lipitor because the difference between the two drugs is NOT worth the price difference to most patients. The simple fact is that most patients get turned over to their primary care physician anyway and they are the ones that get pressured to write generic.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True. Cardios=Crestor. BUT Primary care=Lipitor. Which docs have more impact on volume?? Volume=Primary care docs.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I already belong to one AA group. I don't need to be part of another, which would represent just how shitty my life has been in the past and will be in the future.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's a downer. Maybe you should stay away from the rum and cokes before 10 AM...?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no pipeline at abbott moron!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong, Duckface! There is a pipeline at Abbott. Huge one. Just not in PPD. Every other division is loaded.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It doesn't matter , pipeline or not. It's more like lifeline, Abbott is toast and then down the road that whore AZ will follow. You're all toast, long live the contract sales forces and teleforces!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

now NewCo is about, do you think a AZ-ABT merger could be on the cards??

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correction, Novartis

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you CF.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest