Quest IT Outsourcing

Discussion in 'Quest Diagnostics' started by Anonymous, May 4, 2013 at 11:08 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At one point, I too, was working 60-70 hours a week to help back fill open positions and ramp up new hires in my group. My days started anywhere from 5:30am to 11pm. I did it out of a strong work ethic to ensure the projects kept progressing in the absence of resources and to ensure that the new hire(s) had the time and attention to get acclimated to our complex business and systems.

When it came to my mid-year review, my manager told me that I didn't know how to manage my time... My feedback to my manager was that I should have delegated the new hire ramp up to my reports. My response was that the staff was already or close to 100% booked on efforts and that I had already leveraged where I could. My manager wasn't happy to hear this and told me I needed to push my people more. I was beyond livid to hear this. I got not much of a response when I asked her how much more do I push before I begin to burn people out?

What makes it worse is that QDX ended up putting the the open position on hold so I was stuck with the same work load and less staff.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This seems to be the same story with a lot of Quest employees. My question is, were you labeled a negative whiner for pointing out the issues? That is a very popular response for those that dare to say anything.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seeing how quest is close to 20 years behind the curve in EVERY aspect of their enterprise, I am not surprised they are trying outsourcing again, people seem to forget they tried this about 5 years ago on a limited basis... it was a horrible experience for everyone involved.

I work there, I will more then likely be loosing my job. It is going to be a scary time for me and my family... and I will pray for bad things to happen to bad people, but I will land another job. I will stop including these dildo's in my prayers and life will continue.

When a company the size of quest says repeatedly "We are not an IT company", as if they fail to realize that in this day and age... EVERYTHING IS IT... They are making the company look lean, then going to pawn it off to the highest bidder. Meanwhile, I will be driving around to all the quest owned buildings to strip out the copper so I can feed my family.

Time to file a sexual harassment case, SR touched me... I can prove it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When is "The Mexican" arriving?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said...and applies to far more than IT

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not to mention that they are not replacing many of the people on the infrastructure teams on a one-for-one basis, but with fewer people. One guy told me that Wipro has only slotted 60-75% of the headcount for a few teams he was aware of.

So, too short timeframe to transfer years of undocumented knowledge + fewer newbies doing the work that more people did before = ??

Hard to see how they are planning for long-term viability, unless of course they so totally have their heads up their asses that they believe every corner of IT has become so commoditized that they have convinced themselves this can work.

They just might be that stupid. Either way, it's not likely to have a happy ending.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wasn't labeled as a whiner, at least not directly to my face. However, I was labeled as negative and condescending when I pointed out the incompetency of those peer around me. (After growing tired of dealing with the stupidity...) It was viewed as a personal attack on the folks I pointed out rather than "input/feedback" on where or what was broken.

The irony is that some of these very people are managing even more people now for QDX. I feel sorry for the direct reports....

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This attitude is everywhere if you are not behaving like a stepford wife your negative. These idiot incompetent managers, ooops I mean "directors" want a cheer leading squad to keep telling them the ship is not sinking despite the water is up to their noses. No sense is in trying to make sense out of this pile of shit its time to exit and leave the ruins. Everyone that I know that has left has felt a tremendous sense of relief and has never regretted it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, it is a relief and a calming effect as well. One of the ex-QDX PMs told me it took almost 2 months to mentally break 'free' from the anguish she felt after leaving.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very nice VAGUE GENERALITY, Well Done!!
    I CURRENTLY work as part of the Quest IT, I am in the office 8-5 M-F, and have gone BYOD.
    I make it a point to "PUT PATIENTS FIRST" Patients being my customer, or user.
    While i understand that you were only trying to make a point, try doing so without making wide sweeping vague generalities that are inaccurate and potentially insulting.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know I heard the same thing from another past employee they stated once I left and I hope its soon I would detox and I would have no idea how traumatized I was until I left. I hear this over and over again. Again, why do we work for quest? Their salary sucks, no leadership, no respect, they only want numbers there is no such thing as loyalty.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is silly. Xanax would have saved you the 2 months.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SR and his team have a presentation this week. I wonder if he will let the BUFFOON speak, especially off script? I will have popcorn hoping to hear the BUFFOON make a jackass of himself again.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honestly I have to say I am not sure who you are referring to. Three names come immediately to mind. All of which could easily be called BUFFOONs who should not be allowed to speak at all - forget about off script.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So basically, you are saying that QDX can drive one to be medicated.... :)

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard through the grapevine that the QDX management team is worried with the lack of INF resources remaining to support the business and projects. Apparently, INF resources are giving notice at a faster rate than 'expected' so there hasn't been enough time to do the 'knowledge transfer' or cover for projects...Hahahahaha!!!!

Was it hard to figure out that people would leave this crummy job and poor management team when they were told they wouldn't have a job in 90 days or less?...Come on....

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmmm... I wonder why that could be. Maybe JH was wrong in thinking that the severance was the retention bonus. I'm also amazed to see so many retained people come to the realization that they should get out now, rather than try to hang on to a shell of a former good company or for an allusive severance check that they will never see. Kudos.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a surprise. Shocking. Never would have seen this coming. Totally unexpected.

BTW - Any mention of TCS/Wipro (not) coming up to speed?

It would also be interesting to know how many confirmed employee "rehires" have been jointly agreed to by TCS/Quest/Employee vs how many hard offers TCS has extended? Not sure if Wipro is at that point yet?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, multiple mentions.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We'll have to see what this "IT Update" call is all about today