Xanax in Drug Test??

Discussion in 'The Darkened Sample Closet' started by Anonymous, Jul 25, 2008 at 10:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does Xanax show up in a regular urine test? I have a prescription but I don’t want my new job knowing that I am on it.

2. Fucktard

Fucktard Well-Known Member

Yes, alprazolam and its metabolite, alpha-hydroxyalprazolam can be detected in drug screens that are testing for benzodiazepines.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What diff does it make if they know it? You're applying for a job w/ a pharma company that makes prescription drugs and then would disqulify you because you were using a prescription drug? Doesn't make sense! Take your Rx w/ you and the results should indicate that you are on NO unauthorized drugs.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: "what difference if they know it": Duh!
    They will fire you, not hire you, tag you as a psycho, ruin your life, etc.! Almost all drug tox screen panels test for benzodiazepines. All CDL, FAA, DOT and military panels definitely screen for them.
    See what happens when you ask them what they specifically screen for. Be assured they will run a full spectrum screen on you after you ask for that little tidbit of info.

What could be more of a violation of our fourth amendment rights than to have our bodily fluids searched without probable cause nor warrant!

May Thomas Jefferson never know and rest in peace.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Use your brain man. Why take information on this website when you can Google and get information straight form companies who perform testing regarding levels of dectability, associated does, duration, etc.

If you are on it - so what. You are far better off stating on the disclaimer than omitting it and testing positive.

All the lab is going to report is yea or nay. Besides, they aren't going to do the screen before making a contingent offer.

With this degree of paranoia - it's probably a good idea that you are taking something.

6. ericajones80

ericajones80 Guest

you are definitely better off saying that you are on it before the test

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why not? My mom was on it for IBS. No biggie.

8. Fucktard

Wrong. Most companies test for the SAMHSA-5: Amphetamines (methamphetamine and amphetamine), Cocaine metabolite, Cannabinoids, PCP and Opiates (codeine and morphine). Some companies do an expanded drug screen to look for Benzodiazepines, Barbiturates, Methadone, and others are testing for Propoxyphene, Ecstasy and an Extended Opiate panel (oxycodone, oxymorphone, hydrocodone, hydromorphone). A company can make their own drug test panel using different cut-off levels, etc. if they want to set it up with the lab that way. You can say anything to the company or collection facility personnel that you want to, companies have written drug testing policies and are not going to spend more money or deviate from policy just because you asked what was in the drug screen. Besides, the form you either take in (or they give it to you there) and sign usually has the panel listed on there.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is 100% true. During 2 job drug screens, I've been on Restoril and xanax for intermitent insomnia and I just brought the prescribing physicians phone number and the pharmacy contact info where I filled my Rx. They don't report legally prescribed drugs.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

methadone in ameritox drug screen

Does the ameritox drug screen test for methadone? If so, how much do I have to have in my system for a positive test result?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doesn't anybody use google anymore?

answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090106042649AACoGw9

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you have an Rx for the drug and it DOES impair you for any of the job duties, why worry? I take a number of drugs for pain and bowel disorders that would bump a panel. Just bring your Rxs with you. FT is right. An MD will call you to discuss your test results. However, last panel I did they had me fill out a form that listed ALL of my RX drugs, mg, when and how long as well as conditions I have been diagnosed with. Yes, I think it is delving into our privacy but this is no different than the potential truck driver who is on insulin. . . not going to happen. No company where "driving" is a requirement can afford to put someone who may be a problem on the road. There are lots of candidates out there in perfect health.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does trileptal help you relax much like xanax?

14. Fucktard

Heroin is a pain medicine now? Ok.

15. Walking Eagle

Walking Eagle Active Member

It is a prescription pain med in Great Britain. Still Sched I here.

16. #16 Anonymous, Jun 12, 2014 at 5:42 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2016 at 7:02 AM
    Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bullshit, a dot screen is a five panel test which doesnt include benzo's, or methadone.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hi. I am a Class A OTR (over the road) truck driver. The Federal DOT (dept. of transportation) regulates the type of drug screening that must be performed on me, before I can be hired to drive a commercial vehicle. A pre-employment drug test looking for specific substances, must by law, always be performed on me, whenever I go looking for a job; however, Xanax, which is a Benzodiazepine, is not one of them. I recently changed driving jobs and had to pass a pre-employment DOT required drug screen. I was taking both Xanax and Ambien at the time, for my sleeping disorder, and I still passed the drug test. I passed because they did not screen my urine for Benzodiazepines. Most employers will not ask for additional substances to be identified, during these DOT required pre-employment drug screenings, because (1) they are not required by law to do so, (2) that type of drug test would cost them more money, and (3) they probably couldn't care less.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What if you are taking Ritalin for ADHD? And have a prescription for it? I don’t take a lot but what I do take helps.