I hope Takeda treats their reps better than their speakers

Discussion in 'Takeda' started by Former Takeda speaker, Mar 30, 2011 at 11:06 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. 1. I get medical information from a variety of sources: the literature/CME like most docs who keep up to date (which as you probably know is not very many), the industry (reps, ad boards), and the media (once one of my reps told me about First Watch, I signed up right away). Though I only come to Cafe Pharma once in a while, it is just one of many sources that can be useful in clinical practice. When multiple reps from one company post about the "dog" they are trying to sell, this causes me to look at the data with an even more critical eye.
    2. Just to be clear, I do not believe my contract was terminated due to script writing. I write tons of Actos scripts (regardless of my speaker status). My understanding (and please correct me if this is wrong), is that as of 4/1 Takeda made a business decision (an unwise one in my opinion if you still have a year to go before generic pio is on the market) to substantially cut the promotional budget for Actos. My understanding is that there will be very few (if any) lunch or dinner talks for Actos moving forward, and that almost all speakers except the very high level national speakers had their contracts terminated. Don't know the numbers of docs that got the axe like I did, but I suspect it was several hundred. My whole point was that if Takeda has several hundred valued customers that are also KOL's/speakers/advisors; a short, generic, unapologetic email was not the best way to treat them.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Dr. FatCat,

Please go take a business 101 class immediately...Maybe then, you'll learn how to run your office and won't be so dependent on weekly speaker checks...

Takeda has made a very smart business decision - Actos is running its course and Takeda realizes that energy / resources must be focused in other areas in order to protect their future. So sorry if your dumb ass does not understand this concept.

Signed,

TPNA Senior Leadership Team

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh boy! Once again Doctor.....I am so sorry that you have to deal with the immature punk who wrote above me. Honestly? I am so embarrased and the above poster should be fired! You wouldn't survive at burger king w/ your attitude. Do you not understand the speaker felt a little jaded? It is not rocket science. He is not looking for hand outs, just respect.
    Please Doc, don't let the punk rep above reflect poorly on Takeda reps. So glad the rep above isn't my partner. You should be fired.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

waaahhh waaahhh wahhhh

what kind of "jaded" doctor feels the need to come onto cafepharma and air out his feelings???

PPPPPPPPLllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee....

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doc - these boards are filled with trolls, psychotic passive-aggressives, losers, and hate-filled failures. As a result, you cannot have an intelligent exchange of views on any Cafepharma board. You have stated your case and views. I suggest you move on and let the monkees climb on, and sh*t on your letter, until they become bored and move on.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you mean 'monkies'?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

o really

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In response to, "I hope Takeda treats their reps better than their speakers", let me offer the reality...they don't treat us any better than you...therefore, we don't care.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No dummy. I meant monkeys. God you people are fucking STUPID. Even the idiot correcting the r***** can't get it right.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the OP....It's apparent that you didnt write as much actos as you thought you did.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

remember, it's business, not a friendship with these docs

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yikes

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh please. Is the person you are referring to a total troll on an anonymous message board? Yes. “You” think they should be fired? Who cares what you think. Cancel culture has impacted your brain.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who let you out of the funny farm so you could go back 10 years to a café pharma post?? Go find something to do…