Is RMSR Training Important or Needed?

Discussion in 'Job-Seekers' started by Anonymous, Nov 13, 2008 at 3:16 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you know by whom?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for your insight. I just signed up to get Certified.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What was your most effective method in securing interviews. I just received my RMSR Program in the mail but I am looking at the job search process once completed.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree!! Our industry really is more technical than IT and as a hiring manager I need individuals who have received some medical sales training.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who hired you! I am also looking to get into medical sales.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it Abbott still hiring?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for your feedback.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a physician, I see medical reps all of the time who need this type of training and certification, but do not know where to get it. The RMSR Certification program allows sales professionals of all types gain industry and medical knowledge of how to approach healthcare professionals.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm about to start my last year of a B.S. Physics program. I have an emphasis in medical physics and have been interning at the local Radiation Oncology cancer center. I love the field of medical imaging, but realize the patient interaction is not for me. Transitioning into medical imaging sales seems like a logical choice. Working in the hospital, I've gotten a feel for what Rad Techs, Doctors and patients want out of the machines. I do not know anyone in the medical sales field, though, so I'm not entirely sure of the best way to search for an entry-level job. I happened to find out about the RMSR certification and am thinking strongly about taking it as a way to add credentials. I have several months before I have to 'hit the pavement' but advice from insiders is greatly appreciated!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have 7 years successful marketing experience in education but no outside sales nor medical background. Will the RMSR open any doors for me? What is the starting pay for entry level medical sales reps? Also, does anyone know of any shadowing programs? I would like to shadow someone already in the field. I could buy them dinner in return or offer some type of compensation.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Things like RMSR are like weight loss products / gimmicks.

There are so man people "Desperately trying to break in (lose weight)" it's easy to prey on the desperate.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From what I have been told from industry insiders is that an RMSR is an excellent program created by medical device manufacturers looking to hire trained reps. It is standard similar to other types of certification (series 7, RN, CPA, LPN, MD,etc). It is product knowledge driven but is preferred and not required.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is nothing close to that! It is a book of a bunch of crap. Takes all of one/two hours to complete and is worthless. It teaches you nothing! You are comparing it to an RN? Are you kidding me?

I believe in education however this is a joke. If you are interested in real training find yourself a good B2B job or at least an advanced medical sales training program. Just so you know, advanced is not a book and a test.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I took the program and it took me over 70 hours to complete. There is no way someone could do it in 2 hours. That is completely not true and the program is certainly well respected among medical company insiders.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are so many job openings in medical sales that many of my freinds who are in it recommend it as an excellent career choice. They also said good things about the RMSR Certification as well as the AIMS program.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why not just call a med device company HR department and ask if they value AIMS or RMSR certification?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the advice and I did call 8 HR depts at some of the top medical device companies and unfortunately only got to talk to 3 of them. The all said that medical sales industry training is certainly welcomed and preferred on resumes. They did not say which program was better but that either one should be helpful. One HR person said that you might be able to subsititute some medical terminology courses or a Health Science degree. One said that they did do key word searches on the resume looking for such training such as AIMS or RMSR.

19. seller5432

seller5432 Guest

True. I was experiencing the same thing. I was trying to break into the industry for about 9 months before I found out abou the RMSR Certification. I was a little skeptical at first so I did the research, called them up, etc. but I eventually purchased it. It took about 2 - 3 days for me to get the textbook and about 6 weeks to get through it. Passed the exam and not even a month after I was doing interviews. I do work for a smaller firm than I anticipated, but the pay is pretty good since I consistently exceed my goals. The niche that NAMSR has is a pretty good one, and putting it on my resume hasnt hurt me at all. I would consider it money well spent. Dont expect it to guarantee you a job, because you still gotta interview and impress employers, but at least it made them look at me to realize I can actually sell.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

six weeks????? Are you kidding me! It took me Saturday and one hour on Sunday!