Is RMSR Training Important or Needed?

Discussion in 'Job-Seekers' started by Anonymous, Nov 13, 2008 at 3:16 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I disagree with the about comments. Over 1300 medical companies now look for entry level medical sales training from applicants. It could be the RMSR, MSC or HIDA. They are all kind of the same but vocational training for a career this technical is very important and a growing trend amoung companies. Seems logical to interview applicants with the industry knowledge already. These programs are not MBA programs by any means but rather vocational training. I recommend any of them if you are looking to enter a career in medical sales.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. Sounds like someone who got dumped by a young, pretty, blonde, female and got burned by the goods she was selling. PIG> ya you.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please list the companies that absolutely require this training.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I interviewed with Quest Diagnostics recently they were impressed with my training from the NAMSR.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are incorrect - They can sell. They just cannot sell medical products.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All you need to work in this business is some medical knowledge or education with some sales experience. The companies do not care where the training comes from.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just be attractive and confident; bonus points if you have a brain. This is true of all customer-facing jobs.

8. Slyone

Slyone Guest

These courses/designations would only really be applicable to someone outside the industry and trying to get their "foot in the door". Some of the online search sites are pushing these programs, but if you have been in the industry for a while, and have good sales results/performance, they are completely useless.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is my legitimate experience with the RMSR. BEWARE! I had 1 successful year of B2B Sales experience. Multiple recruiters said that if I had my RMSR they would be able to get me interviews. I quit my job and studied for 2 weeks, passed the exam with a 92%- and it literally has done NOTHING for me. Post test, its as if every recruiter I was talking to disappeared. Not one interview or contact came as a result of this program. It is a waste of time if you are in my similar position. TO get into medical sales you need either A.) a contact to get you an interview B.)AT LEAST 2-3 years of SUCCESSFUL B2B sales experience(presidents club, etc.).

Don't make my same mistake. RMSR will not help you! They promised the world to me and even in the NAMSR employment center you think they give you a legitimate head start. NOT TRUE. I contacted every single recruiter they recommended (by phone and email). 50% of those contacts are out dated and the emails bounced back, 10% actually had phone numbers and only 2 of those went through. They have a listing of MULTIPLE companies on their site- no direct contact only urls which point you to the basic company webpage- you have to fill out applications over and over again and this gets you NO WHERE. Waste of time TRUST. However, I will say in reading the book I did gain decent basic understanding of the medical sales realm.

The book however has MULTIPLE ERRORS- the editor either slacked or didn't exist. The test used MANY questions from the practice quizzes, and even the test had typos.

However, THE NAMSR RMSR program is a joke in terms of getting you interviews. Don't fall for it. NO ONE will talk to you UNLESS you have at least 2-3 Years experience. Medical sales isn't the easiest to break into with minimal experience and the RMSR does nothing for you. Don't waste your time or money- just crunch out your time at an ADP "Type" company and do well! Good luck and I hope this saves you time.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just finished the RMSR program and I thought it was a very thorough and informative program. I have had 2 friends who work in the industry recommend the program and I doubted they would do that unless it was certainly an industry standard.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Medical sales training is a pre-requisite for any individual looking to enter the industry, just look a medical sales job postings.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the insight!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The RMSR is a very good program. I have had 3 interviews over the last month with it on my resume.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have talked to 3 medical device industry sales reps over the last 2 weeks and they all recommended taking the RMSR training. They claim that their companies always look for sales rep applicants who have completed medical sales training. In fact one of them said that she has to do continuing education frequently to keep up with new technology and clinical research.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very important! Saved my life. I buy it for all my new hires. They ought to charge more for it since they are practically giving it away. But hurry and get it now because prices might increase. Also, if you act today and mention this post on cafepharma, they may offer additional discounts. Better than a college degree. Don't wait do it now!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I took the course. I have applied to numerous positions. I have had 1 interview since the whole process started. The company looked at my resume and saw that I took the course and asked me questions about it. Nothing since. The completion of the course was in the beginning of August.

Fast forward to today: The medicalsalescareer.com email comes in and they are offering free resume critiques. I send mine in at 3pm est. By 4:30pm I have a response. It looks suspicious. So I take one of the paragraphs and type it into google and low and behold the whole "critique" provided by this person was taken from another site. Total focking plagirism. I was thinking WTF????????? I will be calling them tomorrow.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I took the course and just completed it a couple of weeks ago. I have had 3 different company interviews and expected an offer from one of the companies later this week. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've got a bridge I can sell you.....

Seriously? I'm a real life device rep. Have been for over 10 years. I've never heard of this and neither has anybody else actually employed in the industry. If you've done this and gotten an interview with a reputable company, it is in spite of the fact that you have this "credential", not because of it. You are getting interviews because there is something, ANYTHING, else on your resume that is appealing to the hiring manager. Based on the previous posts in this thread, rest assured, that somebody will tell you that I'm wrong and that they've had a great experience with this product and that it was this training that made a difference! Bullshit. The guy selling you this is a better salesperson than you are. Why? Because he knows his audience. Naive, desperate, and entitled.

I'm sorry, but get a clue.....

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I took the RMSR program and give it a 8.5 out of 10. I have no job yet but have gotten quite a few interviews.