Trifexis

Discussion in 'Novartis Animal Health' started by Anonymous, Feb 13, 2011 at 9:25 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, are Novartis reps required to take creative writing courses? It looks like it. Trifexis must be or is hurting Sentinel to spend so much time on a sad story.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. I wouldn't want my dog to be a test case either. That is why I use Frontline Plus and Heartgard Plus. They are the market leaders.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zack, you know SM sent Trifexis to you for your pets. Stop being a poster boy for TZ

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at the Promeris thread. Alot of these creative writing projects are very similar to what was written about Promeris. My guess is Merial is trolling the boards and doing a negative marketing campaign.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look, I'm the lady with the borzoi. I'm not associated with any pharmaceutical company even though I've applied with them before. I've been a teacher the past five years, and I have time off given it is summer. I book marked this board when I put up the first post, and came back to see if there were any comments. Given there have been comments, I've just replied honestly and in a forthright manner about our (me and my dog) experiences thus far with Trifexis. I have a dual degree in Biology/Microbiology, so I tend to have a scientific approach to matters as I make observations and mentally note them.

The dog is blowing more of his coat today, but otherwise he is doing well. I just thought I would sure a TRUE LIFE experience. If anyone does not think, I am just a consumer out there with a dog I am trying to take care of, email me at Maresha7@aol.com and I'd be more than happy to send you pictures of my borzoi named Jet, so you can see I am not some rep engaging in a creative writing endeavor to attack my competition.

Just keeping it REAL...and thanks for the comments about Frontline and Heartguard...I've used them both in the past, and both have been good products, but the Frontline I put on "Jet" a couple weeks before starting the Trifexis, wasn't that effective. I live in Pensacola, Florida.

I may opt out of future posts since it appears my sincerity in sharing my experiences is being considered unauthentic by some. Chances are the next time I dose my dog with Trifexis in a month, he will throw it up and again, and I'll have to endure this process again. If his coat still looks like crap in the winter, then I probably will not keep him on the Trifexis, and switch to individual meds. No bias here!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. I can't believe you're making your dog miserable just to prove a point to some looser reps. Would you do that to a child? Get a life.

7. GrownUpInTX

GrownUpInTX Guest

Re: Flea, Tick, Heartworm Prevention

i only wanted to do a search online to assure best price best med for flea, tick, heartworm battle. instead i get trash talk from who, i have no idea. you all should consider removing the turn blue in the face holding your breath posts. if you are really representatives, give us facts that do not include personal attacks and problems you have not resolved in therapy. thanks, please please, we really need information, not low class garbage.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you want me to be honest, I believe every study has flaws regardless of who paid the tab because, I believe it’s up to the perspective of the individual. While you may look at a study and see insignificant data,...others may believe that using data from two separate studies, and from two competitive companies, extremely notable...We also have a study showing that animals on spinosad have fleas that still lay viable eggs... lufenuon does not allow fleas to lay vaible eggs, therefore breaking the life cycle. Which makes me think,... since veterinarians take an oath to practice preventative medicine,...which makes better sense... Prevention? Or treatment? I’ll take a stab and guess that you DO NOT practice preventative medicine.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The truth hurts. Every word in that Elanco dear dr letter was true. Sure pissed Bayer off. Lol.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Read the FDA approved label for spinosad.... Kills adult fleas and prevents infestations. Peer reviewed and published studies show it takes 3 consecutive months of spinosad to get rid of flea infestation if owner do nothing but dose dog and not treat environment.
    Most pet owners do not prevent. They wait til they see a 'problem'. We all know preventing is easier than treating infestations. So how long does it take lufenuron to get rid of an infestation? 6 months? You still need an adulticide if use lufenuron.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong. An adulticide alone will not treat a flea infestation...especially somewhere like the southeast. You need and IGR in addition to the adulticide, period. Especiallly since the spinosad decays enough at the end of the month to the degree that fleas can lay eggs before they die.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. Sounds like I should use FL plus to achieve both and IGR and the #1 adulticide.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You a stuck in 'old medicine mindset'.
    I live in a rural area with trees and wild life: deer, raccoons, possums, coyotes. My dog was on frontline plus monthly for several years. Fall 2008, we got infested by fleas in yard and in house while dog STILL on monthly frontline plus. Dealt with it for about 4 months: used up what frontline plus I had left, treated house and yard multiple times. Didnt get rid of fleas. Went to my vet and he put my dog about comfortis. My dog has been on comfortis monthly for 3 years now. No vomitting. No fleas.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hold up, 3 years? Nice try, troll

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Check your facts on "COMFORTIS". Approval and launch date. It's been taking market share from Merial for more than 3 years. Merial people look silly when they race through these boards posting unintelligent things like "troll", "u mad", "u crazy", "u so nasty..." You should keep your not well thought out comments and materials to the privacy of HQ and the vet clinic. When you don't you create very public and laughable things like the "completekiller.com" for old medicine like Frontline plus right before you launch "new" old medicine like Certifect. So help us "trolls" understand. If Frontline plus is "THE Complete Killer", then what is Certifect? "THE Complete, and we really mean it this time, Killer" ??

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha, yes! I love, LOVE, how this “old medicine” gets under your skin so easily! It really is too easy sometimes with some of you idiots.

And as far as “old medicine” goes, boy, isn’t this the pot calling the kettle black! Geez, how long has spinosad been around? And don’t even get me started on it being banned in some areas because of resistance issues. Nice.

Hey, got a tip for you, Elanco. Since your products do absolutely nothing for ticks, you should probably run a promo where you give away free tick collars with Comfartis and Trifuxis. Oh wait, you’re already doing this? Classic! I mean, tick collars, really? Talk about old medicine! And on top of that, you have to get them from another company! Weak.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear Elanco and Merial, stay off our board! This is the Sergeant's board, not your public forum!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks! Merial will go back to our Costco, Target, PetMeds, KMart blue light special, R&D one new product per decade board!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Um, yeah...good one.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was offered Trifexis as an alternative to topical treatment as my dog swims A LOT (every day, sometimes he's in and out of the water for several hours a day). I was told the topical treatment decreases in efficacy with regular swimming but Trifexis will not decrease as it is internal. Any opinions?